Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I find it very hard to feel sorry for you":Piers Morgan challenges Michalla McCollum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

She has been judged on her past actions and got punished for them. If you don't approve of her right to making a living for herself, either use that remote and don't buy the book. You don't have 'rights' to any other actions, thankfully.

I have no intention of buying her book.

I have no issue with her writing a book.

The only issue I have is that people like yourself don't feel like a journalist or television presenter have a "right" to call her out and she should be allowed promote her book with no tough questions.

Thankfully I and everyone else do have a right to hold her to account for her actions and ask her questions that may make her feel uncomfortable.

If she wants to use the media for promotion, she needs to be aware that the media can be a dual edged sword. You can't complain about your dirty laundry being aired when you are the one putting yourself back in the public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ironicname wrote: »
    I have no intention of buying her book.

I have no issue with her writing a book.

The only issue I have is that people like yourself don't feel like a journalist or television presenter have a "right" to call her out and she should be allowed promote her book with no tough questions.

Thankfully I and everyone else do have a right to hold her to account for her actions and ask her questions that may make her feel uncomfortable.

If she wants to use the media for promotion, she needs to be aware that the media can be a dual edged sword. You can't complain about your dirty laundry being aired when you are the one putting yourself back in the public eye.

Well at no point did I try to remove 'rights' from a presenter.

I said it earlier, neither the presenter or guest will be unhappy about the 'interview' (such as it was).

Seems to me, the only people 'unhappy' are those busting a gut to moral indignation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Piers is dead right.

Advertisement