Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired Doorbell

Options
  • 14-11-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

I live in a house that previously had a battery operated doorbell. Just wondering how big of a job is it to get a wired one installed (hoping to get the Ring Pro which needs to be wired), and I know it can vary greatly, but what would be a ballpark figure to get someone to do this? The fusebox is quite close to the front door.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

D12C wrote: »
    Hi all,

I live in a house that previously had a battery operated doorbell. Just wondering how big of a job is it to get a wired one installed (hoping to get the Ring Pro which needs to be wired), and I know it can vary greatly, but what would be a ballpark figure to get someone to do this? The fusebox is quite close to the front door.

Thanks in advance.

Very hard to say without seeing it but try to imagine how easy or difficult it would be to run a small cable from outside your front door where you would like the door bell to be to the fuse board. How difficult do you imagine this would be in your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

It may not be what you would like, but I would think what a wireless bell would be the easiest option

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭D12C

The fuse box is quite close so not might be too much of an issue. I’ll look into wireless options also. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

It can be wired handy. Depends on how much of the cable you are happy with seeing/how much you are willing to patch up to hide it really.

I'd go wired if I were you.

Advertisement