Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Xs - Call drops

Options
  • 14-11-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any advice appreciated.

I have an iPhone Xs from Virgin Media. The last month or so I have been getting dropped calls (call failed comes up on the screen), also often, in the middle of the call I hear noises that can only be described as those kind of encryption noises you hear in moves.
    To the other end it sounds like I'm underwater when that happens.

I troubleshooted with Virgin with no success, and ended up sending it back to Apple. They sent me a replacement phone - with no explanation of the testing etc. But today I got the replacement phone and the same issue. Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking maybe a SIM exchange could help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Kurn wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any advice appreciated.

I have an iPhone Xs from Virgin Media. The last month or so I have been getting dropped calls (call failed comes up on the screen), also often, in the middle of the call I hear noises that can only be described as those kind of encryption noises you hear in moves.

I troubleshooted with Virgin with no success, and ended up sending it back to Apple. They sent me a replacement phone - with no explanation of the testing etc. But today I got the replacement phone and the same issue. Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking maybe a SIM exchange could help...
    Had much the same previously with 3 and a sim change sorted it. I just dropped in, got the new sim for free and was back up and running immediately, from memory.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kurn wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any advice appreciated.

Had similar issue with Eir for last couple of months, moved to GoMo last month and none since, so its possible a sim change might actually sort it out for you.

Advertisement