Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mazda 3 NCT Fail

• 14-11-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Mazda 3 2006 1.6 Petrol with 90000 miles on the clock.

It failed the NCT last week for the following:

New Front Shocks
    Rust in the Floor Pan

I have been quoted €300 to get this fixed (parts and labour)

I plan to change the car in January for a Hyundai I30.

The car is taxed till March 2019.

Would you fix the car and get the NCT and try sell it January? or scrap it now and buy a car now? or drive without an NCT and hope for the best?

Any ideas how much I would get for the car with an NCT?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

heffo500 wrote: »
    Would you fix the car and get the NCT and try sell it January? or scrap it now and buy a car now? or drive without an NCT and hope for the best?
    Well definitely don't do that

Just get it repaired and re-tested. Good like trying to sell a car with no NCT
    As for how much you'd get, just stick your cars details onto Donedeal and see whats there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

Well definitely don't do that

Just get it repaired and re-tested. Good like trying to sell a car with no NCT

I thought it would only be worth max €500 so thought might not worth repairing and just scrapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

heffo500 wrote: »
    I thought it would only be worth max €500 so thought might not worth repairing and just scrapping.
    Sorry, misread the year.
    Still €200 profit though? :pac:

Sorry, misread the year.
    Still €200 profit though? :pac:

I suppose I wonder would I get anymore for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There may be scrappage deals which may be dependant on having an NCT. I’d do it on that basis.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There may be scrappage deals which may be dependant on having an NCT. I’d do it on that basis.

I have to sell it privately as I will be buying new car secondhand from the UK.

Oh right. Screw that so. Would you not just get your car from the uk now?

If it’s diesel it’s going to have way more VRT (twice as much in a lot of cases) come January.

Oh right. Screw that so. Would you not just get your car from the uk now?

If it’s diesel it’s going to have way more VRT (twice as much in a lot of cases) come January.

How would I work out the difference?

Find out the nox emissions of the car on the uk dvla site. That will give you a figure. You then use the rationale published at the budget to get the additional tax due.

Or just post what exactly you’re planning to buy and I’ll tell you.

Find out the nox emissions of the car on the uk dvla site. That will give you a figure. You then use the rationale published at the budget to get the additional tax due.

Or just post what exactly you’re planning to buy and I’ll tell you.

Thanks for the help, I was planning on buying a 2015 Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive SE 5dr

https://www.westriding.co.uk/used-car-details/used-hyundai-i30-16-crdi-blue-drive-se-5dr-hatchback-grey-manual-diesel/id-58141684178/

• Advertisement

Good choice from a nox point of view. This particular car will only attract around €250 of nox tax and will also see a 1% VRT reduction in VRT tax band (14% vs 15%) vs today’s Co2 rate.
    Couple that with the drop in valuation, and there’s no hurry if that’s the car you’re getting.

Still have to pony up for the Mazda repair though.

Good choice from a nox point of view. This particular car will only attract around €250 of nox tax and will also see a 1% VRT reduction in VRT tax band (14% vs 15%) vs today’s Co2 rate.
    Couple that with the drop in valuation, and there’s no hurry if that’s the car you’re getting.

Still have to pony up for the Mazda repair though.

Perfect thanks for working that out, how did you do it? I wonder how much a 2015 will drop in value in January?

Advertisement