Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySherryFitz Bid System

Options
  • 14-11-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi!

Looking into buying a house where SF is the agent. They've asked that we bid through this new system they have.

Just wondering if anyone has been on the other end of this system, i.e. as a seller rather than a bidder.

Do you also see bids as they come in or is it still at the discretion of the agent as to when you are informed of progress/updates?

Thanks,
    Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Maybe the seller can just register themselves and look at the current bid just like you as a potential buyer can?
    _ZeeK_ wrote: »
    Hi!

Looking into buying a house where SF is the agent. They've asked that we bid through this new system they have.

Just wondering if anyone has been on the other end of this system, i.e. as a seller rather than a bidder.

Do you also see bids as they come in or is it still at the discretion of the agent as to when you are informed of progress/updates?

Thanks,
    Z

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Maybe the seller can just register themselves and look at the current bid just like you as a potential buyer can?

Maybe.. except that's not how the system works. You have to register against a specific property and be approved by an agent before you can see the highest bid on just the property you have been approved to bid against. You can't just browse around and see the offers against all houses in their book.

Thanks for your input though :P

Anybody with first hand experience of using the system as a seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I think the idea is that buyers have to upload their mortgage approval details etc. When you do this you can see bids on properties and make bids yourself. It makes is transparent. That's what the agent told me back when they launched the platform. I didn't like the idea because the agent can see how much you can bid.

I think the idea is that buyers have to upload their mortgage approval details etc. When you do this you can see bids on properties and make bids yourself. It makes is transparent. That's what the agent told me back when they launched the platform. I didn't like the idea because the agent can see how much you can bid.

Again, you only see bids on the property you have been approved to bid on. From that perspective, it's not as transparent as they make out.

I am on the system, as a buyer. I'm not looking for speculation as to how it might work from the perspective of a bidder browsing around. I can see for myself how this works.

I'm looking for someone with first hand experience selling their property with SF. Can one see the bids on their own property through the system as and when they come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I don’t know the answer just to say at the outset. I’d imagine the buyer has a login too and can see what you can see that would make sense. I’m not sure why you are asking though. It has to be a better system where all the bids are transparent and from authorized bidders.

• Advertisement

I don’t know the answer just to say at the outset. I’d imagine the buyer has a login too and can see what you can see that would make sense. I’m not sure why you are asking though. It has to be a better system where all the bids are transparent and from authorized bidders.

As noted, not looking for speculation. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Surely SF are the people to ask seeing as it’s their system.

Again, you only see bids on the property you have been approved to bid on. From that perspective, it's not as transparent as they make out.

I am on the system, as a buyer. I'm not looking for speculation as to how it might work from the perspective of a bidder browsing around. I can see for myself how this works.

I'm looking for someone with first hand experience selling their property with SF. Can one see the bids on their own property through the system as and when they come in?

Maybe it's like boards where people ask the question online instead of asking the company that definitely know (like SF). maybe, I don't know, I just like to have a chat and speculate I guess??!!

Maybe it's like boards where people ask the question online instead of asking the company that definitely know (like SF). maybe, I don't know, I just like to have a chat and speculate I guess??!!

Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Surely SF are the people to ask seeing as it’s their system.

I have my reasons not to ask them. Thanks.

Tell me, have you used the system as a seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

I blanked out the numbers on my mortgage approval documents and used that in the portal.
    The agent didn't like it, but he did allow me to bid on a house through the portal.

Thanks for your valuable contribution.

If you ask a question on a discussion forum you should expect to get speculation.

Rudeness will get you nowhere

If you ask a question on a discussion forum you should expect to get speculation.

Rudeness will get you nowhere

All I'm asking for is a specific piece of information from people who have seen the system first hand, as a seller.

If other people have so little to do with their time as to answer questions that haven't been asked or to make up answers based on hunches or speculation - sure, knock yourselves out.

God you’re a lovely fella

Also as it’s a public forum people can comment if they want to!

Also as it’s a public forum people can comment if they want to!

Very true, look I’m just leaving a comment right now!

All I'm asking for is a specific piece of information from people who have seen the system first hand, as a seller.

If other people have so little to do with their time as to answer questions that haven't been asked or to make up answers based on hunches or speculation - sure, knock yourselves out.

Will do thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note
    Ok guys please be civil before it gets out of hand.
    The OP asked a specific question. If you can’t answer it, consider moving on without leaving a comment.

The thread will run its natural course if nobody has any specific experience.

OP, as you are on a public board, you have to expect public comments. They may or may not be in line with what you want to know specifically but in order to get the 100% specific answer you may need to speak to the operators of the system you are asking about.

Advertisement