Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Dublin (again): This time early Sunday morning

Options
  • 14-11-2019 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There seems to be a weekly or fortnightly thread about the best breakfast in Dublin.... my version of it is getting breakfast on Sunday morning.

I'll be up at the weekend and early on Sunday morning I'll be driving Knocklyon to Howth. I'd like to stop somewhere along the way for a big fryup, but the earliest I can really see any restaurants open is 9am.

Are there any fairly good breakfast places that will do me a decent fry open any earlier? Matt the Rashers in Kimmage was what I used last time but they don't open till 8am and I'd like to be earlier than that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Del Rios just off abbey street. On the road that joins abbey street and the quays.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d3225066-Reviews-Del_Rio_s_Cafe-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

Get a full breakfast and chips on the side and let me know if you can finish it.

Edit: closed Sunday sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Why not try one of the numerous hotels in town. They'll be serving breakfast early every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Red cow does an all you can eat. It’s not bad, not great, the pub part does a separate breakfast which is a bit nicer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think the best you'll do on Sunday is Bram's at the bottom of the Malahide road in Marino, which opens at nine, but at least you are well on the way to Howth by then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

spurious wrote: »
    I think the best you'll do on Sunday is Bram's at the bottom of the Malahide road in Marino, which opens at nine, but at least you are well on the way to Howth by then.

Very average breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Very average breakfast.

And your suggestion for that time frame is?

I disagree about the breakfast in Bram's being 'very average'. Any of the options I have had have been fine. They of course do much more than one breakfast.

**edit** Ok, I see your other posts. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Might just have to be a jumbo breakfast at Brams at 9am, or failing that, House at 10am in Howth

House is very nice indeed but bring your big purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

spurious wrote: »
    House is very nice indeed but bring your big purse.

House opens at 11:30 on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Brother Hubbard's on Capel st. Does some of the best breakfasts in the country. Opens at 9 on Sundays.

100% recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I might try Brother Hubbards next time. Ended up at Brams which was very nice for the jumbo breakfast even though the toast was a bit dry. But I horsed through the entire thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I might try Brother Hubbards next time. Ended up at Brams which was very nice for the jumbo breakfast even though the toast was a bit dry. But I horsed through the entire thing.

:pac: good man Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Woodstock, Phibsborough open 7 days from 7.30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

Matt the Rashers in Sundrive.

Fantastic grub.

Advertisement