Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gyms are located in limerick city centre?

• 15-11-2019 2:35am

Is kings gym the only one? I’m just looking to use a treadmill I bought one it’s broke I’m returning it now don’t want the future responsibility so rather join a gym now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

The strand hotel gym just over the bridge?? Aura in grove island. There’s also another one at the back of St Mary’s credit union. Clayton hotel gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's one under Uber in the basement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's one under Uber in the basement

Yea I think Base Camp Fitness and The Training Room are group based sessions rather than an open gym for people to use as they wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Energie fitness by St Mary’s Church is relatively close to town too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

djdunny wrote: »
    The strand hotel gym just over the bridge?? Aura in grove island. There’s also another one at the back of St Mary’s credit union. Clayton hotel gym.

So frustrating that the best gyms seem to have this setup. CityGym on Sexton street is basically the perfect gym, has everything you'd need for actually lifting (dedicated deadlifting platforms, power racks, squat racks etc.), but you can only use it as part of classes. Only other gyms with as good a layout are Dooradoyle and The Bodybuilding in Raheen, not ideal for anyone in the centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Obviously no confidence on the city centre future...

No one has the appetite or forethought to invest in a City Centre gym or e6a city centre cinema,

It's sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

moby2101 wrote: »
    Obviously no confidence on the city centre future...

No one has the appetite or forethought to invest in a City Centre gym or e6a city centre cinema,

It's sad really
    We had and they failed!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    We had and they failed!

Crunch was some gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mc Love wrote: »
    Crunch was some gym

Poolanallinit

Poolanallinit

A fine pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Arrival wrote: »
    So frustrating that the best gyms seem to have this setup. CityGym on Sexton street is basically the perfect gym, has everything you'd need for actually lifting (dedicated deadlifting platforms, power racks, squat racks etc.), but you can only use it as part of classes. Only other gyms with as good a layout are Dooradoyle and The Bodybuilding in Raheen, not ideal for anyone in the centre

That's not true, there's an open gym every weekday from 12-9 and Saturday 12-6, can sign up as a member or get a day pass. No need to sign up to the classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Deano7788 wrote: »
    That's not true, there's an open gym every weekday from 12-9 and Saturday 12-6, can sign up as a member or get a day pass. No need to sign up to the classes.

They must have changed it since I last checked it out so, that's perfect

Advertisement