Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Street Shopping Centre for sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Neither Tesco nor the car park are included in the sale.

I doubt theres big money there once those 3 are taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

horgan_p wrote: »
    Neither Tesco nor the car park are included in the sale.

I doubt theres big money there once those 3 are taken out.

Rent of €370k per annum from some crumby units could easily be increased with better tenants. I'm not advocating kicking out the small businesses but I never go there except for Tesco and the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rent of €370k per annum from some crumby units could easily be increased with better tenants. I'm not advocating kicking out the small businesses but I never go there except for Tesco and the car park

And what better tenants would want to go into there. Honestly, they're lucky to have what they've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's massive footfall tho. Investment could yield a better centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

TheDriver wrote: »
    There's massive footfall tho. Investment could yield a better centre.

The massive footfall stems from Tesco and the car park. I’d say in the last 30 years I’ve vs only used the old sails cafe that was upstairs and Porters for the lotto ticket on the way in or out apart from Quinnsworth as it was pre 1997

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The massive footfall stems from Tesco and the car park. I’d say in the last 30 years I’ve vs only used the old sails cafe that was upstairs and Porters for the lotto ticket on the way in or out apart from Quinnsworth as it was pre 1997

I concur but there is a lot of potential with the amount that passes outside. It prob gets more footfall than the cornmarket centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

TheDriver wrote: »
    I concur but there is a lot of potential with the amount that passes outside. It prob gets more footfall than the cornmarket centre.
    The only draw for Cornmarket Street (for some but not all) is Lidl, all that is needed in Paul Street is modernisation, even if Tesco bought out the whole lot bar the car park and leased out the units after a refurbishment, that's not unheard of either. I'm sure Tesco could turn that store into a two storey with ease. If they chose not to then i'm at a loss as there isn;t a whole lot else you could do with what's in there as it isn't the largest of shopping centre's.

Advertisement