Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking Unusual Remittances

• 15-11-2019 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

How easy is it for the Bank to check unusual remittances to other countries with a court order from CAB ? 

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

rgossip30, I hove moved your query to the Banking forum as it doesn't seem to be a query for the Bank of Ireland customer service team. Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

rgossip30 wrote: »
     How easy is it for the Bank to check unusual remittances to other countries with a court order from CAB ? 

Extremely easy, the transaction will not go through until you satisfy them that it is not an unusual transaction, failing that you can expect the account will be frozen and the matter report it as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭rgossip30

What if its a phoney business account that would have large transfers as the norm from another EU country ? Thanks for the reply .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

rgossip30 wrote: »
    What if its a phoney business account that would have large transfers as the norm from another EU country ? Thanks for the reply .

You are way out of your depth. It's practically impossible for this to happen without major participation from banks in two jurisitictions, no matter what kind of BS Noel Grealish wants to peddle.

Now I have not intention of explaining to you or anyone else how it's done. It works when people don't know how it's done.

And that is all I'm going to say on the topic.

Advertisement