Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New NOx VRT levy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He is deluded....

He wants to tax us all to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He is deluded....

He wants to tax us all to nothing.

I hope he remains leader of the Green Party, because he's a clueless idot.
    If they had anyone else as leader the would be a lot higher in the polls.

He lives near clonskeagh in a very plush estate and house and funny how a 2003 2.5 diesel caravel he has is ran in his house hold... That's one seriously polluting machine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That link says 30 cars for a village with a population of 300.

Lets stick to facts here.

• Advertisement

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but back when he was in power and sold us out I near ran him over while he decided it was totally normal to cross traffic and come head on towards me while I was in control of a fully loaded bus at approximately 17 ton weight at that time....

elperello wrote: »
    That link says 30 cars for a village with a population of 300.

Lets stick to facts here.

Ok.... Buy can you explain how that would work, I didn't say Dublin city by the way so I didn't confuse facts if that's what you imply

Ok.... Buy can you explain how that would work, I didn't say Dublin city by the way so I didn't confuse facts if that's what you imply
    You said "city". If you think 300 people = a city... well tbh, I wouldn't be that surprised judging by your recent posts.

I'm not implying anything.

I'm definitely stating that you said -

"Ryan was on stating there should be 30 cars in the city and everyone share them...."

That was untrue.

Car share schemes work all over the world so there's no reason that they wouldn't work in Irish villages if the right model was developed.

They would be another transport option not compulsory.

You said "city". If you think 300 people = a city... well tbh, I wouldn't be that surprised judging by your recent posts.

Town then?

• Advertisement

I'm not implying anything.

I'm definitely stating that you said -

"Ryan was on stating there should be 30 cars in the city and everyone share them...."

That was untrue.

Car share schemes work all over the world so there's no reason that they wouldn't work in Irish villages if the right model was developed.

They would be another transport option not compulsory.

Your just as clueless as Ryan, no idea whats happens outside Dublin to come out with a statement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

The longer you keep a vehicle on the road the cleaner it is, as manufacturing is the most polluting part of its life cycle.

However, it really makes no difference. I'm currently in America and 2.0 is tiny. Until the world decides to address this issue it's pointless. We are only 0.015% of the worlds co2 output.

Theanswers wrote: »
    The longer you keep a vehicle on the road the cleaner it is, as manufacturing is the most polluting part of its life cycle.

However, it really makes no difference. I'm currently in America and 2.0 is tiny. Until the world decides to address this issue it's pointless. We are only 0.015% of the worlds co2 output.

We are only a drop in the ocean, any excuse to tax us more. Heard that clown Ryan on the 9.00 news saying we have to go from lagards to leaders in climate change, my question is, why do we have to be leaders, who are we trying to impress.

mgn wrote: »
    Your just as clueless as Ryan, no idea whats happens outside Dublin to come out with a statement like that.

Adding transport options for people living in small towns/villages is surely a good thing?

The cost of running a car is a big drain on those with low incomes. If they could book a car for occasional use it might work.

By the way Ryan is not clueless and neither am I.

Adding transport options for people living in small towns/villages is surely a good thing?

The cost of running a car is a big drain on those with low incomes. If they could book a car for occasional use it might work.

By the way Ryan is not clueless and neither am I.

A car in the country is a necessity not a luxury, why doesn't he suggest a ban all Dublin based TDs driving into Leinster house every day, plenty of transport options there.

A car in the country is a necessity not a luxury, why doesn't he suggest a ban all Dublin based TDs driving into Leinster house every day, plenty of transport options there.

Absolutely it is.

An expensive income draining necessity.
    Needed to get to work, school, shops just about everywhere.

The car share option might mean that people in villages/small towns who currently need two cars could manage with one.

Why are you so set against exploring the option? People in many villages/small towns have limited or no public transport options.

I don't think he is talking about banning anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,583 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should have to carry 3 of their fellow constituents in to the city each day if they want to qualify for the generous expenses they get for their daily trip :D

Absolutely it is.

An expensive income draining necessity.
    Needed to get to work, school, shops just about everywhere.

The car share option might mean that people in villages/small towns who currently need two cars could manage with one.

Why are you so set against exploring the option? People in many villages/small towns have limited or no public transport options.

I don't think he is talking about banning anything.

And if a few people got rid of a second car, what would it do for the planet. And before you answer that, have a look at a map of the world
    He's very quick to make suggestions for people outside Dublin, what about all these school kids jumping out of mother's SUV outside the school door every morning,why not suggest the walk, as i said the mans a first degree clown.

They should have to carry 3 of their fellow constituents in to the city each day if they want to qualify for the generous expenses they get for their daily trip :D

And don't forget the one that takes the long way around so she can claim a bigger travel allowance but has the neck to be on about climate change when it suits her, These fu*kers make me sick.

And if a few people got rid of a second car, what would it do for the planet. And before you answer that, have a look at a map of the world
    He's very quick to make suggestions for people outside Dublin, what about all these school kids jumping out of mother's SUV outside the school door every morning,why not suggest the walk, as i said the mans a first degree clown.

Maybe a few less cars built, as you know vehicle manufacture is very energy intensive. Plus the people would have more disposable income.

You don't have to be a Green to understand that the less time and money you spend on transport the better.

There's no need to tell me to look at a map I'm well aware of our size in the greater scheme of things.

The Green Party supports walking and cycling to school.

• Advertisement

Maybe a few less cars built, as you know vehicle manufacture is very energy intensive. Plus the people would have more disposable income.

You don't have to be a Green to understand that the less time and money you spend on transport the better.

There's no need to tell me to look at a map I'm well aware of our size in the greater scheme of things.

The Green Party supports walking and cycling to school.

A few cars less built, and the want to scrap millions of good cars and buy electric cars, how does that make sense,

A few cars less built, and the want to scrap millions of good cars and buy electric cars, how does that make sense,

A good point I agree that we should get the most efficient use out of the cars already on the road.

I heard E Ryan drives an old 80's VW bus.

But you've moved away from car sharing which I still think may have some potential for small towns/villages.

A good point I agree that we should get the most efficient use out of the cars already on the road.

I heard E Ryan drives an old 80's VW bus.

But you've moved away from car sharing which I still think may have some potential for small towns/villages.

Okay, stick with the car sharing so, how would it work, who would pay for these cars, how would the people that live outside the village get there to pick up the car,

Okay, stick with the car sharing so, how would it work, who would pay for these cars, how would the people that live outside the village get there to pick up the car,

I added a couple of links to save typing a lot of info.

Basically the users pay.

Probably not going to work for someone living outside walking distance.

I'm thinking a subsidised trial in a few places and see how it goes.

Maybe a village van for picking up loads. A tow bar you could use with your own trailer.

Go Car are outside Dublin already.

https://www.smartertravelworkplaces.ie/smart-moves/car-sharing/
    https://welcome.gocar.ie/brand-free-sign-up/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_term=International+Competitors&utm_campaign=Competitor%2BYuko+-+BMM%2BDUB%2BENG%2BSPART%2BADW%2BNM&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsqTCj4e05wIVC7DtCh3OGwJQEAAYASAAEgLCLPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's absolutely not true.

Why are you posting false information on the internet when in less time than it took to write that post, you could have found the correct information?

e.g. https://www.cleanenergywire.org/sites/default/files/styles/lightbox_image/public/images/news-digest-entries/icct-lifecycle-emissions.png?itok=TgLG4suU

I added a couple of links to save typing a lot of info.

Basically the users pay.

Probably not going to work for someone living outside walking distance.

I'm thinking a subsidised trial in a few places and see how it goes.

Maybe a village van for picking up loads. A tow bar you could use with your own trailer.

Go Car are outside Dublin already.

https://www.smartertravelworkplaces.ie/smart-moves/car-sharing/
    https://welcome.gocar.ie/brand-free-sign-up/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_term=International+Competitors&utm_campaign=Competitor%2BYuko+-+BMM%2BDUB%2BENG%2BSPART%2BADW%2BNM&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsqTCj4e05wIVC7DtCh3OGwJQEAAYASAAEgLCLPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If the likes of Go Car thought it would work, the would have done it long ago, the likes of them have looked into all these things and know well its a waste of time.
    The biggest problem with that is everyone would want the car the at the same time.
    All pie in the sky stuff from Ryan trying to get attention for himself like his other brainwave of introducing wolves to the countryside.

If the likes of Go Car thought it would work, the would have done it long ago, the likes of them have looked into all these things and know well its a waste of time.
    The biggest problem with that is everyone would want the car the at the same time.
    All pie in the sky stuff from Ryan trying to get attention for himself like his other brainwave of introducing wolves to the countryside.

Tell you what, sleep on it.
    I have to go, early start in the AM.

It's not as bad as the wolves which he can keep up in the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

That's absolutely not true.

Why are you posting false information on the internet when in less time than it took to write that post, you could have found the correct information?

e.g. https://www.cleanenergywire.org/sites/default/files/styles/lightbox_image/public/images/news-digest-entries/icct-lifecycle-emissions.png?itok=TgLG4suU

Thanks for your comment. I suppose those batteries really are good for the environment.

Anyways it's irrelevant, as my second point stands. We are wasting our time until the big boys do something.

Picture this - your on a sinking ship and spend your time patching the hairline cracks, but neglect the gapping holes in the side. No matter how hard you try unless the holes are addressed the ship is going to sink. Sorry for the analogy, best i could come up with!

Ireland's efforts wont even be reflected globally and the us as individuals will just pay more tax.

I always laugh as the way ministers describe climate change implies if we do this the problem is gone. It's NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

KCross wrote: »
    The Euro 6 requirement was a max of 80mg NOx so that means the max should be €600 (€5*60 + €15*20=€600), if its Euro 6.

A 535d appears to have a NOx figure of 72mg NOx so slightly less than €600, on top of the existing VRT, of course.

You need sight of the figure on the V5 though as the models can be retested and two cars that look/spec the same can have different figures so dont assume, but if it is confirmed Euro 6 you should be safe enough.

Thanks for this, makes perfect sense - trying to do the math on 535d/530i - The €600 is a stinger, but still makes importing very favorable once sterling softens a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I always laugh as the way ministers describe climate change implies if we do this the problem is gone. It's NOT!

When ministers talk about climate change they are not trying to save the planet. They are trying to minimise the fines that Europe are imposing on us for missing our targets.

Its all about money really, not climate change. But it is real money.... our fines are going to be in the billions which the country can ill afford as is.

And keeping any additional badly polluting diesels out is a good thing so local air quality improvements will be welcome.

Advertisement