Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New NOx VRT levy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some are euro 6, a lot are Euro 5

If looking in the uk, see if it’s ULEZ compliant in the ad, this will indicate Euro6

Nox charge on my Euro 5 Skoda would add €2000, assume Audi is the same, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

User1998 wrote: »
    What engine and variant?
    2 litre Diesel, S Line 2016 NOx, found out it is around 0.062 which means 330E on top of VRT of 3K. .
    Tks

Just be 100% sure that’s the figure in the V5 for that particular car. 2016 has to be Euro6 by law, but be careful with 2015s (isn’t 2016 a model change on them too)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Hi all,

Familiar with VRT process from previous imports but not with this new nox levy.

Trying to figure out NoX on vehicle below.

Is there a reference sheet for all makes models?

I did ask dealer for details off V5 but did not send :(

Thanks

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25648979

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭User1998

Nox would be a couple of thousand on top of VRT. You need to look at cars with Euro 6 engines. 65 plate cars (Sept 2015) and onwards are Euro 6 and will have Nox of under €600, usually around the €150-€350 range for diesels. Petrol is usually fine no matter what the year. That car as a 1.2 tsi has Nox of about €150. There are also some diesel cars from 2013-2015 with Euro 6 engines but not many. If your looking on Autotrader use the “ULEZ Compliant” filter, it will only show cars with Nox of less than €600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

User1998 wrote: »
    Nox would be a couple of thousand on top of VRT. You need to look at cars with Euro 6 engines. 65 plate cars (Sept 2015) and onwards are Euro 6 and will have Nox of under €600, usually around the €150-€350 range for diesels. Petrol is usually fine no matter what the year. That car as a 1.2 tsi has Nox of about €150. There are also some diesel cars from 2013-2015 with Euro 6 engines but not many. If your looking on Autotrader use the “ULEZ Compliant” filter, it will only show cars with Nox of less than €600

Jaysus!!

Thanks for that!

Thought I was looking at E600 max.

May continue search in i.e.

Appreciate your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

http://www.emissionsfinder.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

irishgeo wrote: »

That link is dead in the water, any other link available?

There isn’t a one-stop shop for nox figures as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

colm_mcm wrote: »

Don't know how accurate it is but I use this site

https://ukcarimports.ie/used-cars/

Search for the car you're interested in and it gives a rough euro price for car and vrt divided into nox and c02.

Their figures are all over the place by the looks of it. 2013 VRS Octavia with €400 Nox charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Their figures are all over the place by the looks of it. 2013 VRS Octavia with €400 Nox charge.

They're obviously wrong but there are other ones there for 2,175, closer the mark I'd imagine.

Yes I think it’s around €2000 or thereabouts. Point is, you wouldn’t want to be relying on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

Theres a reason he didnt send it to you.. Because its high..

Ive heard of more than one or two people who bought cars in the North with dealers claiming X VRT & NOX charge who ended up with a much bigger bill for NOX. Older VW's are particularly bad for it, I recently looked up the VRT for a 2012 Passat CC for a friend, the NOX charge was nearly more than the VRT :(

The VW would have been a lot higher if the real nox figures were used!

So do I have it right in saying that NOX is capped at €600 for Euro6 /ULEZ compatible cars? IE, 2016 and newer diesels?

I'm running some 2016 ULEZ diesel cars through the VRT calculator but I dont know their NOX levels, so I'm adding €600 to the basic VRT to be safe on the budget...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

I believe petrol is capped at €600 for NOx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

ando wrote: »
    So do I have it right in saying that NOX is capped at €600 for Euro6 /ULEZ compatible cars? IE, 2016 and newer diesels?

I'm running some 2016 ULEZ diesel cars through the VRT calculator but I dont know their NOX levels, so I'm adding €600 to the basic VRT to be safe on the budget...

I don't know about euro6 but the max nox rate on diesels is €4850.
    Only way for sure is to get the figure from the V5.

castle wrote: »
    2 litre Diesel, S Line 2016 NOx, found out it is around 0.062 which means 330E on top of VRT of 3K. .
    Tks

This has be confused, so are diesels a lot cheaper on NOX once they are 2016 or newer? I presume the NOX for the same car in 2015 would be a few grand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx

This is the UK Govt site and it has the details of most cars. You need to enter a good bit of info so use totalcarcheck.co.uk to get registration months and car specifications to get an accurate NOx figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

This has be confused, so are diesels a lot cheaper on NOX once they are 2016 or newer? I presume the NOX for the same car in 2015 would be a few grand?

That’s a big assumption to make, depends on what engine was used. I think for the A6’s if they are badged Ultra then they are using the Euro 6 engine but early 2015 registered car might have been manufactured in 2014 so the Nox charge is likely to be much higher

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Euro 6 diesel engines have low NOx ratings so it depends on the make/model/year and whether or not it's fitted with a Euro 6 compliant engine. The general rule of thumb is that stuff from 2016 onward are all Euro 6 but you have some that were Euro 6 compliant since 2014 or a bit earlier while you might have a Euro 5 car that was registered in early 2016 so you need to be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Just had a look at vrt charge to import my own car. Mine is a 141 A6 S Line black edition and nox figure was 143 and that added 2000 euro to the vrt charge. Great I thought, it's over 5k to vrt my car which will keep the Irish value up come the time I want to change it.

Most of the 142 registered A6 and also some late 141 are the ultra model which actually came in a 150bhp and a 190bhp but the nox for even the 190bhp is 55 which adds only about 500 euro on top of vrt, so this must be the ultra engine, and once again decimated the value on my own pre ultra car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Not exactly, Euro 6 standard dictates that the engine doesn’t produce more than a set value of NOX which when calculated for the NOX levy doesn’t come to more than €600. There are a lot of Euro 6 engines cars who’s NOX levy is below €600. To be on the safe side I always add €600 to the VRT for a Euro 6 car and anything I save afterwards is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno why people buy diesel cars these days, even a 1.0 TSI is more refined and as economical

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭User1998

If you want a big saloon there are very few petrol options and diesel still makes a lot of sense for a lot of people. Even buying something like a Golf you’d end up spending more and having a limited choice if you refined yourself to just petrol models

I dunno why people buy diesel cars these days, even a 1.0 TSI is more refined and as economical

But it isn’t as economical though. Like for like and in real life conditions.

Not exactly, Euro 6 standard dictates that the engine doesn’t produce more than a set value of NOX which when calculated for the NOX levy doesn’t come to more than €600. There are a lot of Euro 6 engines cars who’s NOX levy is below €600. To be on the safe side I always add €600 to the VRT for a Euro 6 car and anything I save afterwards is a bonus.

ok thanks for that, so on places like Autotrader uk, if I see 'ULEZ' on a car advertisment, I can be pretty happy that NOX will not go above €600?

• Advertisement

ok thanks for that, so on places like Autotrader uk, if I see 'ULEZ' on a car advertisment, I can be pretty happy that NOX will not go above €600?

Correct. You’d still want confirmation of what’s on the V5, as the Autotrader model system isn’t infallible - I’ve seen a few cars down as the wrong spec. It’s rare but it happens.

Anything 2016 will be Euro6 anyway. I think it became a requirement from September 2015 but some cars were compliant well before then.

Advertisement