Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New NOx VRT levy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Anyone know the story in relation to importing a car derived van in 2020? From the Revenue website it seems to just be taxed as a Category B vehicle with no mention on NOx. Is this the case?

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

fast nox question,

i have an irish registered N1 2 seater commercial van, the vrt of 13.5 % was paid when new (2018),
    & i want to convert back to 5 seater private car. so i will have to pay the difference between second hand private and commerical 13.3 vrt

i have a co2 figure of 129g/km and the converstion documents (when it was converted to van new pre irish registration) says euro 6 W
    diesel engine. But no mention of Nox figures anywhere, and not on the irish VLC.

how do i get proof of the nox figure on this van?

uk websites say that the car version of this van is 48mg/km but i have no idea how i get this officially to satisfy revenue

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx?vid=866422

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    fast nox question,

i have an irish registered N1 2 seater commercial van, the vrt of 13.5 % was paid when new (2018),
    & i want to convert back to 5 seater private car. so i will have to pay the difference between second hand private and commerical 13.3 vrt

i have a co2 figure of 129g/km and the converstion documents (when it was converted to van new pre irish registration) says euro 6 W
    diesel engine. But no mention of Nox figures anywhere, and not on the irish VLC.

how do i get proof of the nox figure on this van?

uk websites say that the car version of this van is 48mg/km but i have no idea how i get this officially to satisfy revenue

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx?vid=866422

You’ll have some job converting a van to a car, is it an option to sell it and buy a car??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Casati wrote: »
    You’ll have some job converting a van to a car, is it an option to sell it and buy a car??

no problem getting it converted (professionally), its the remaining VRT from N1 to M1 thats the issue.

obviously there a cost to me in doing this, but i will find it easier to sell a M1 then a n1 2 seater van, but with this new nox system, it might not be viable.

Its comical that an Irish registered car(van sorry) in 2018 has no nox figure on the VLC and the revenue could penalize me for their omission

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How much is your Ateca worth now?

How much do you think it will cost to convert it to passenger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Hi,

For vrt purposes where can the NOx details for a car be found other than on the V5 form if importing from UK.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Just a note on the ULEZ parameter on Autotrader.

I found an F31 330d marked as ULEZ, but when I looked at the Revenue .xls sheet, it was down as €2350 or so. The F30 variantz with identical engine, and year were all €300 or so.

I know the right thing to do is ask the seller, but do NCTS go off the certificate of conformity or their internal figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Hi lads I'm looking at a Mazda with CO2 Emission-116 g/km and Standard Euro Emissions - euro 6, what am I looking at paying on this for NOX? Its all very confusing, when calculating the NOX am I using the 116 number?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

darced wrote: »
    Hi lads I'm looking at a Mazda with CO2 Emission-116 g/km and Standard Euro Emissions - euro 6, what am I looking at paying on this for NOX? Its all very confusing, when calculating the NOX am I using the 116 number?

Nox isnt the same as CO2 Emisson

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do your homework on the 2.0 and 2.2 engines. They don’t have the best reputation.

Because it’s Euro6, the most the NOx charge could be is €600.

• Advertisement

Just a note on the ULEZ parameter on Autotrader.

I found an F31 330d marked as ULEZ, but when I looked at the Revenue .xls sheet, it was down as €2350 or so. The F30 variantz with identical engine, and year were all €300 or so.

I know the right thing to do is ask the seller, but do NCTS go off the certificate of conformity or their internal figures?

Hi, do you have a link for the revenue xls sheet you referred to please

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Replace Mazda diesel with any other make.....

Mazda petrol and you should be ok.... But Mazda make diesel engines as reliable as a chocolate made one....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

How long does an appointment take? I'm assuming there's no car inspection? or do they need to see the chassis number? They just look at the doumentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How long does an appointment take? I'm assuming there's no car inspection? or do they need to see the chassis number? They just look at the doumentation?

They verify chassis, wouldn't be too long once they're looking. Shouldn't be any more then 20 minutes.

They verify chassis, wouldn't be too long once they're looking. Shouldn't be any more then 20 minutes.

Cool, no issue turning up with a full car and roof box if that's all they check do you think? toying witg doing it straight from the ferry into Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Looking for the nox value on a CLS 220, latest euro 6 engine in a 2017 model.

The nox on looker is 0.046 which seems low but looking to verify
    https://www.lookers.co.uk/used-car/mercedes-benz/cls/cls-220d-amg-line-premium-4dr-7g-tronic/id/275031

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Looking for the nox value on a CLS 220, latest euro 6 engine in a 2017 model.

The nox on looker is 0.046 which seems low but looking to verify
    https://www.lookers.co.uk/used-car/mercedes-benz/cls/cls-220d-amg-line-premium-4dr-7g-tronic/id/275031

Seems about right, my E220D 2015 Euro 6 is around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Does anyone know a site where I can easily look up the Nox rating that Revenue will use for their VRT calculations...?
    My son is thinking of buying a March 2017 VW Golf GTD (approx 38000 miles) and we don't know what value to put into the box on the Revenue VRT calculator so it factors in the max value to come up with a figure of something like €8000 VRT & Nox.
    I would have thought it should have been more like €4000 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

User1998 wrote: »

Thanks, that looks a lot more like it.
    It's now showing €4019 for the VRT plus €330 for the Nox.

Do you mind me asking where you found that figure in case we need to look at something else...?

• Advertisement

I just know it off the top of my head to be honest, the resources aren’t great for finding accurate Nox figures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

You would have thought that Revenue would provide a list of the NOx figures. They sound a right miserable bunch.

They did provide one but its hard to find and even harder to read

User1998 wrote: »
    They did provide one but its hard to find and even harder to read

Thanks, do you have a link for it?

No I don’t unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The only way of finding out the NOx is section V3 of the cars V5. Ask the seller - don't take anyone's word for it, I've seen way too many people be shocked at the counter because "oh I was told it was this..."

Anybody know if they accept an email on your phone of the ferry ticket? Forgot to print it out and no easy access to a printer at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dr Dave

Anybody know if they accept an email on your phone of the ferry ticket? Forgot to print it out and no easy access to a printer at the moment!

I think they will need a hard copy to put with the rest of the documentation. Maybe you could email it to them and they could print it there?
    Suppose that depends on how helpful and friendly the individual you meet is.

• Advertisement

Dr Dave wrote: »
    I think they will need a hard copy to put with the rest of the documentation. Maybe you could email it to them and they could print it there?
    Suppose that depends on how helpful and friendly the individual you meet is.

Yeah i might catch them on a bad day, so better try and figure something out today, funny looking up internet cafe's and stuff :-D I left my printer about 3 counties away so not worth the trip!

Advertisement