Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New NOx VRT levy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Looking at car which advertises as 119 g/km. I put this into Revenue system and it keeps saying 119 is too high.

I have double and triple checked that the correct g/km box is ticked. Any help appreciated. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to find the variant that is 119 on the system.
    Dint pick a variant with a higher/lower value and put in your own for a recalculation.
    Cartell will tell you the co2 if you put the reg in.

Are you talking about nox?

119 would be 0.119 g/km AFAIK, €1575

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moranscub

Hi all,

Hope your all well during these times. Just looking for a bit of advice. When restrictions are lifted we are hoping to get a new car. Was thinking a 2017 seat alhambra. Was going to bring one in from the North looking to pay vrt. Is there anywhere you can get the Nox values for the Seat Alhambras. I've been doing some looking getting nowhere

Thanks for your help

Hi all,

Hope your all well during these times. Just looking for a bit of advice. When restrictions are lifted we are hoping to get a new car. Was thinking a 2017 seat alhambra. Was going to bring one in from the North looking to pay vrt. Is there anywhere you can get the Nox values for the Seat Alhambras. I've been doing some looking getting nowhere

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Thanks for your help

The nox on an Alhambra 2017 can’t be more than €600 and is likely to be much lower. More concerning is the change to the Co2 bands in January and whatever’s happening with Brexit.

The time to import is now or earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Something like 60/61 on the 2016 I imported. €300 roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

From the V5

Photo was to large, it's 60

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Try the Motorcheck vrt calculator fir estimate of vrt and nox
    https://www.motorcheck.ie/vrt-calculator/

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The nox on an Alhambra 2017 can’t be more than €600 and is likely to be much lower. More concerning is the change to the Co2 bands in January and whatever’s happening with Brexit.

The time to import is now or earlier.

Thanks Colm

Mintoe wrote: »
    Try the Motorcheck vrt calculator fir estimate of vrt and nox
    https://www.motorcheck.ie/vrt-calculator/

Thanks

Something like 60/61 on the 2016 I imported. €300 roughly.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Moranscub wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks for your help

If you use the UsedcarsNI app if you go down the page a bit you will see, "Tech Spec". Most of the cars on UsedcarsNI, the info is 99% of the time in Tech Spec.

Just looked it up there. Any Alhambra I looked at are showing 0.041g/km

masit wrote: »
    If you use the UsedcarsNI app if you go down the page a bit you will see, "Tech Spec". Most of the cars on UsedcarsNI, the info is 99% of the time in Tech Spec.

Just looked it up there. Any Alhambra I looked at are showing 0.041g/km

Thanks where abouts do you get the .041 figure

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Moranscub wrote: »
    Thanks where abouts do you get the .041 figure

If you just go down through the tech spec section you’ll find it there. Some show it on the app, some don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bmccabe

Hi I'm thinking of importing a b m w 640D 2012 , but think new nox charge will be more than the v r t and make it a mad price for duties. Does anyone have any information or no how much it would cost. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

[HTML][/HTML]
    bmccabe wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of importing a b m w 640D 2012 , but think new nox charge will be more than the v r t and make it a mad price for duties. Does anyone have any information or no how much it would cost. Thanks

You will have to find out the Nox figure but I'd say you are too late anyway.

Some bmw stuff was euro 6 quite early. Pretty sure a 2012 would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Some bmw stuff was euro 6 quite early. Pretty sure a 2012 would be.

Thought it was late 14 early 15 ?

I was only looking at nox figures the other week on early f30s and they were still coming in at over €1000

• Advertisement

Thought it was late 14 early 15 ?

I was only looking at nox figures the other week on early f30s and they were still coming in at over €1000

I’m talking about 640d

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Quick one all.

Thinking of bringing in a car from Poland which would be used instead of renting during the 3/4 times I come over per year.
    VRT is coming back as 2k for a 2005 1.3JTD Punto. Surely that can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

hi looking to import a 2016 avensis estate
    would anyone know the nox on the 1.6 diesel and 2.0 diesel
    I beleive they are both euro 6 engines from 2015 on

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

wpd wrote: »
    hi looking to import a 2016 avensis estate
    would anyone know the nox on the 1.6 diesel and 2.0 diesel
    I beleive they are both euro 6 engines from 2015 on

thanks

Very low on both, the 2.0 is 0.23g/km and the 1.6 0.18g/km

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

mgn wrote: »
    Very low on both, the 2.0 is 0.23g/km and the 1.6 0.18g/km

Thanks for that looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Asking for someone else. With the new vrt changes coming would it be wise to import now or after New year ? Not really sure if these changes are for older cars or newer ones. We know nox is going up but that's not a concern as it's a petrol.

Car will most likely be around 1.8/2.0 petrol hot hatch, 06-09

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bear1 wrote: »
    Quick one all.

Thinking of bringing in a car from Poland which would be used instead of renting during the 3/4 times I come over per year.
    VRT is coming back as 2k for a 2005 1.3JTD Punto. Surely that can't be right?

How much is the NOx on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Asking for someone else. With the new vrt changes coming would it be wise to import now or after New year ? Not really sure if these changes are for older cars or newer ones. We know nox is going up but that's not a concern as it's a petrol.

Car will most likely be around 1.8/2.0 petrol hot hatch, 06-09

Max NOx on petrol can be is €600 no matter what emissions. Could be import tariffs after January 1st, nobody knows, depends on what happens with Brexit. The complete arse could fall out of sterling too and it could depreciate big which would make it cheaper in a few months, nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How much is the NOx on it?

Only one I found was 174

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just bear in mind anything brought in from Jan will also be taxed on the new system.

Advertisement