Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premature baby - clothes

Options
  • 15-11-2019 12:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone know which shops sell smaller than newborn clothes for a premature baby? I'm not sure of size yet but baby is due to be born by c-section next week at 35 weeks.

I know Mothercare do them but would like to know of others so I'll know where to go when baby arrives. All things are crossed for the safe arrival of my niece/nephew!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Marks & Spencer do "Prem Baby" for 3lb and 4lbs, "Early Baby" (5lbs) and "Tiny" (6.5 lbs) in their baby clothes.

Just note, my brother had to get suits with poppers or velcro down the front when their baby was in hospital - the hospital staff needed to be able to remove the sleepsuit easily in case of any health emergencies.
    (like these.

Congrats on the imminent arrival - hope all is OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Either Tesco or Penney's do a tiny baby size, I'm not sure what size it is exactly, but it is noticeably smaller than newborn sizes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah thank you both for the quick and helpful answers! This is really great. I hadn't noticed them anywhere other than Mothercare but I haven't really gone hunting yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Next do a smaller size than up to 1 mth, think it’s called first size.
    There’s a size smaller than that too, maybe it’s 5lb?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Next do an up to 5lb size. Their delivery is also nearly always next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Asda.. our boy was 3lbs.. and in NICU for a number of weeks.. asda range is ideal for poppers and Velcro for nicu/scbu.. best of luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

jimmers23 wrote: »
    Asda.. our boy was 3lbs.. and in NICU for a number of weeks.. asda range is ideal for poppers and Velcro for nicu/scbu.. best of luck

Thanks jimmers23, I hope he's doing well now! Yes baby will have to spend a bit of time in NICU but hopefully not too long. They've prepared as much as possible for the early birth, it was always on the cards :)

Online delivery

Much like our guy... He was born at 35 weeks and a tiny tot... But we knew he was going to be from early on..He is now 4. Tall but a skinny Minnie..

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Debenhams also do small sizes. A word of advice though! Don't buy "clothes" just baby grows and vests. And if by any chance the little one needs an incubator, they won't have clothes on at all! My little one was born at 25 weeks, 750g, she spent 90 days in the NICU, they are miracle workers in there, the little one is in the best of hands, the very best of luck to baby x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Mothercare do premmie baby sets that are really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

amor3 wrote: »
    Debenhams also do small sizes. A word of advice though! Don't buy "clothes" just baby grows and vests. And if by any chance the little one needs an incubator, they won't have clothes on at all! My little one was born at 25 weeks, 750g, she spent 90 days in the NICU, they are miracle workers in there, the little one is in the best of hands, the very best of luck to baby x
    Hi amor3. Nice to see you! I was in the June 2018 thread with you. How is your little girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Hi amor3. Nice to see you! I was in the June 2018 thread with you. How is your little girl?

Cornflakes!! How are you??? Hoe is your little girl doing??? Our 2018 thread never really took off did it :-)

My little one is flying, she is nearly 21 months, but 17 months corrected and is hitting all the milestones and more for her corrected age, amazing what modern day medicine can do!

Thanks for all the tips everyone. They weren't even needed, baby arrived safely during the week and was 6lbs 5ozs - no tiny baby clothes needed here after all :o:D

Huge congratulations to you

miamee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips everyone. They weren't even needed, baby arrived safely during the week and was 6lbs 5ozs - no tiny baby clothes needed here after all :o:D

Congratulations!

amor3 wrote: »
    Cornflakes!! How are you??? Hoe is your little girl doing??? Our 2018 thread never really took off did it :-)

My little one is flying, she is nearly 21 months, but 17 months corrected and is hitting all the milestones and more for her corrected age, amazing what modern day medicine can do!

Great news! The miracles of modern day medicine indeed! My little girl is 17 months now and behind on her milestones but starting to catch up we think. Was a bit worrying before but getting less worried with time.

I think I remember you have a big family so you must be very busy there!

That thread never did take off!

Advertisement