Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops that take furniture

Options
  • 15-11-2019 1:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any in Cork? Cleaning out my house and need to get rid of all my furniture. Have tried Jumbletown and no one has been interested so far. I've a very nice armchair, would be a shame to dump it but will soon if I don't find it a good home.

Anyone know of any charity I could drop it to? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Conquer Cancer place by the Coal Quay used to take furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

dory wrote: »
    Anyone know of any in Cork? Cleaning out my house and need to get rid of all my furniture. Have tried Jumbletown and no one has been interested so far. I've a very nice armchair, would be a shame to dump it but will soon if I don't find it a good home.

Anyone know of any charity I could drop it to? Thanks

St Vincent de Paul definitely do, but are quite picky. They do collect though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

roundymac wrote: »
    Conquer Cancer place by the Coal Quay used to take furniture.

If that's the one I'm thinking of it's gone. The one on the corner facing the water?

I'll check out SVP. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Post it on Facebook. Will be gone by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

SVdeP won't take furniture that isn't tagged as fire-retardant material.
    Alternatively, post it on freecycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Lisheens House, a mental health charity based in Clon, sell used furniture to fund their services.
    Article in the Examiner about them a few weeks ago https://lisheenshouse.ie/irish-examiner-article-lives-are-being-saved-with-funds-raised/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Stick it up on adverts or done deal advertised as free to collect, you'll have it collected in a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Lisheens House, a mental health charity based in Clon, sell used furniture to fund their services.
    Article in the Examiner about them a few weeks ago https://lisheenshouse.ie/irish-examiner-article-lives-are-being-saved-with-funds-raised/

+1 for Lisheen House. I bought a house recently that was fully furnished and needed to get rid of everything. I first tried the 'Free' on FB and was a nightmare dealing with everyone and nobody every turned up when they said they'd turn up. Lisheen however sent over a truch and two guys took everything away in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

dory wrote: »
    If that's the one I'm thinking of it's gone. The one on the corner facing the water?

I'll check out SVP. Thanks!
    I should have said Castle Street, my bad.:confused:

Advertisement