Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen 5 3600 vs 7 3700X?

Options
  • 15-11-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

How can you evaluate one against the other?

I was going to go for the 3700x for a new gaming build but I notice that a lot of build recommendations here seem to prefer the 3600.

The price difference is £120. I don't mind spending that extra if there is a tangible performance difference.

Assuming a decent graphics card (RTX20X0), is the 3700X noticeably superior to the 3600 for gaming? In what sense? Is it £120 better?

I know some will say to go for the 3600 and use the money saved on a better graphics card. But I do have budget to go fairly high end on both so the acutal cost saving is not so important. (I can't believe I just said that!)

At the same time, I don't want to blow money just for bragging rights!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Theres hardly any difference in FPS between both when gaming. The 3600 has 6 cores 12 threads and the 3700x has 8 cores 14 threads. Both have the same clock speed.

If your mainly gaming, get the 3600. Upgrading to the 3700x would be a waste of money that you could use elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3700x if streaming or work.
    3600/x if pure gaming.

Use extra for GPU/motherboard/cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    3700x if streaming or work.
    3600/x if pure gaming.

Use extra for GPU/motherboard/cooling.

Thanks!
    What do you think about the 3600 vs 3600X?
    I've seen some reviews that have been fair withering about the benefits of 'X'?
    Worth the extra 40 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks!
    What do you think about the 3600 vs 3600X?
    I've seen some reviews that have been fair withering about the benefits of 'X'?
    Worth the extra 40 quid?

Nope.

Advertisement