Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Assembly on Climate Change

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Lackey wrote: »
    He was on the news yesterday (I think)
    One of the students interviewed,
    I can’t remember his name ...I just remember him because I agreed with what he said.

Problem is it will impact on the lower income familes especially with carbon taxes etc so he was talking crap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Micky 32 wrote: »
    How would that work? I thought traditionally tax increases get passed on down to the “ customer”.

True, but that's the corporations fault rather than the students. If there's one decent thing about social media it's that it could be used to shame companies who don't pay it or pass it on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

It's even mentioned in their recommendations list to shift the tax burden from the individual to the corporation

Note that only people pay taxes.

When it's said to shift the tax burden onto companies, can we be more specific, and state which people should pay it?

The company's customers? Their staff? Or their shareholders?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Even if Ireland went completely green and we all got electric vehicles

Where do you think all these knuts are going to plug there Prius’s in before they leave for work at 6am of a Monday morning

We are just a spec in the ocean compared to these countries . But as usual the Irish will it the price with huge taxes that will only profit the elite .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gonad wrote: »
    Even if Ireland went completely green and we all got electric vehicles

Where do you think all these knuts are going to plug there Prius’s in before they leave for work at 6am of a Monday morning

We are just a spec in the ocean compared to these countries . But as usual the Irish will it the price with huge taxes that will only profit the elite .

Don't worry, free renewable electricity from all the wind farms that everyone objects to.

• Advertisement

Geuze wrote: »
    Note that only people pay taxes.

When it's said to shift the tax burden onto companies, can we be more specific, and state which people should pay it?

The company's customers? Their staff? Or their shareholders?
    Well I'd assume their intention is for the shareholders to pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

You know a country is going down hill when people start asking the Government to pay more taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its unlikely those children know anyone affected by homelessness.

mgn wrote: »
    You know a country is going down hill when people start asking the Government to pay more taxes.

They didnt say that:confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

So a group of literally un-elected children are now going to tell our so called legislators what to do.
    If I hadn't watched it live . . I wouldn't have believed it possible.
    Western society has almost collapsed on itself at this stage and is now eating itself alive . . The east deserve to take it over now.

• Advertisement

high_king wrote: »
    So a group of literally un-elected children are now going to tell our so called legislators what to do.
    If I hadn't watched it live . . I wouldn't have believed it possible.
    Western society has almost collapsed on itself at this stage and is now eating itself alive . . The east deserve to take it over now.

No that's not what's happening

No that's not what's happening

No that is what's happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Graces7 wrote: »
    I think maybe he is being … humourous!

Not in the slightest:)

Allowing kids who have no experience with the real world, of economics and paying the bills dictate what does of us who have experience is ridiculous.

If my son spoke to an adult like some of these kids are , he wouldn't be able to sit down for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not in the slightest:)

Allowing kids who have no experience with the real world, of economics and paying the bills dictate what does of us who have experience is ridiculous.

If my son spoke to an adult like some of these kids are , he wouldn't be able to sit down for a long time!

Says a lot that those denouncing activists on the climate are still in favour of physically assaulting people in their mid-teens.

Stuck in the 1960's in every sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Says a lot that those denouncing activists on the climate are still in favour of physically assaulting people in their mid-teens.

Stuck in the 1960's in every sense.

My son has learnt to respect people.i never said I assaulted anyone but let's keep deflecting.

My son has learnt to respect people.i never said I assaulted anyone but let's keep deflecting.

So you would hide all the chairs? Or what were you implying?

No that is what's happening

No it's not. Did you even read their statement?

Yes it is. Did you even read it you mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So you would hide all the chairs? Or what were you implying?

All keyboard typists. If the son dared question a adult. Tata would be straight to boards to have a cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If that's the best 150 kids from 26 schools can come up with,then i think the better stay at school and let the teachers sit down beside them, and then get some teachers in that's not pushing their own agendas.

• Advertisement

mgn wrote: »
    If that's the best 150 kids from 26 schools can come up with,then i think the better stay at school and let the teachers sit down beside them, and then get some teachers in that's not pushing their own agendas.

26 counties..

When were were growing up we were force fed (if we were stupid enough to believe it) was that we were all going to die in a Nuclear holocaust or from AIDS.

Gullible brainwashed green Hitler youth dupes . . that's all these junior green nazi's are.

What's really going on is the government and their corporate puppermasters are going to use this as the pathetic justification for hammering the ordinary working person with even more crippling taxes and stealth taxes, to ensure the rich stay richer and pay little or now. Meanwhile the so called green well off can consume their 40 grand electric cars every year, and install 40 grand hit tech heating systems and renovations, while pretending this is environmentally friendly. What an Orwellian world.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

When were were growing up we were force fed (if we were stupid enough to believe it) was that we were all going to die in a Nuclear holocaust or from AIDS.

Gullible brainwashed green Hitler youth dupes . . that's all these junior green nazi's are.

What's really going on is the government and their corporate puppermasters are going to use this as the pathetic justification for hammering the ordinary working person with even more crippling taxes and stealth taxes, to ensure the rich stay richer and pay little or now. Meanwhile the so called green well off can consume their 40 grand electric cars every year, and install 40 grand hit tech heating systems and renovations, while pretending this is environmentally friendly. What an Orwellian world.

So these kids are Nazis now.

Have a day off.

Faugheen wrote: »
    So these kids are Nazis now.

Have a day off.

Green hitler youth. Quote it accurately. It's green Nazis that should take a day off.

Seems like some are stupid enough to not realise the vast scientific effort which has gone in to aids prevention, detection and treatment which has meant millions are alive now who wouldnt be if that work had not been done.

Also, nuclear plant design, certification and monitoring has also greatly improved as a consequence of the Chernobyl disaster of the mid 80's.

Both your examples enforce the idea that action is needed.

You can warnings about CFC's and the ozone layer as another example of issue/warning/action/improvement to support the current call for action.

Seems like some are stupid enough to not realise the vast scientific effort which has gone in to aids prevention, detection and treatment which has meant millions are alive now who wouldnt be if that work had not been done.

Also, nuclear plant design, certification and monitoring has also greatly improved as a consequence of the Chernobyl disaster of the mid 80's.

Both your examples enforce the idea that action is needed.

You can warnings about CFC's and the ozone layer as another example of issue/warning/action/improvement to support the current call for action.

Yes anyone not brainwashed, that can see Green Nazism spread from Nordic and German countries for what is . . . must be "stupid"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Green hitler youth. Quote it accurately. It's green Nazis that should take a day off.

You left out "junior green Nazis". If you can't even quote yourself accurately maybe you do need a day off.

You left out "junior green Nazis". If you can't even quote yourself accurately maybe you do need a day off.

No I'm fine and all chilled out ere winding up grammar Nazis, have a day off yourself, or save the planet and switch off.

Yes anyone not brainwashed, that can see Green Nazism spread from Nordic and German countries for what is . . . must be "stupid"

Well, for anyone flat out ignoring evidence of previous warnings and the benefits of acting on them, stupid does seem appropriate.

I mean to not know about them would be misinformed, but to know, and ignore without counter is stupid behaviour. In my view.

• Advertisement

Well, for anyone flat out ignoring evidence of previous warnings and the benefits of acting on them, stupid does seem appropriate.

I mean to not know about them would be misinformed, but to know, and ignore without counter is stupid behaviour. In my view.

Yes anyone who isn't brainwashed into going along with every green neo nazism docterine and plan. . . must be "stupid". . where do we sign up for your taxes ?

Advertisement