Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alienware vs custom build computers - Budget of 1500

Options
  • 15-11-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

What is the price difference between getting a dell xps ,alienware aurora or building your own pc. One point to note is that i can get about 20pc off the price tag for the pre built units vs custom ones.

Is there a difference between rhe r8 vs r9 also. the r9 appears to be more expensive but the specs appear to be worse for the same money.

Right now i mainly use this PC for company of heroes 2 and will more than likely use it when Age of empires come out.

My current monitor is a benq GW2760HS so would you also recommend getting a new one on top of the budget to make use of a better rig as well?

With black friday coming up, im not sure if im better of using my current pc for another year and wait until aoe comes out and then make the purchase as coh2 is an old game and although demanding on my current machine, would be more than fine on ultra settings on a newer machine.

I also use a macbook pro for most of my web browsing so would just be using this for gaming.

Advertisement