Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got Clamped

Options
  • 16-11-2019 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

In the city today and parked in Red Cow Luas with return travel for 5 and parking paid for. Thought I had all day parking but must have pressed wrong button and only had 4 hour parking. Returned to car a little over 5 hours later to find car clamped and had to pay 80 euro to have it removed. Clamper and their phone helpline told me I can appeal if not happy. Sick to the pit of my stomach as it was a genuine mistake having bought 5 return Lucas tickets and parking. Have I any chance of being successful in appeal or am I wasting my time ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wasting time unfortunately. They clamped you because your ticket was not valid for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Clampers won't care about Luas fares as they're completely disconnected. Unless you have a history of booking daily parking there they have no reason to accept it as being a mistake really. If you want to appeal go ahead but its unlikely to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

I know why they clamped me, parking ticket was hour out of date, bit harsh. Technically I am in the wrong but ......

..but.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

Clampers are Black or White. You're either in time or out of time

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Clampers won't care about Luas fares as they're completely disconnected. Unless you have a history of booking daily parking there they have no reason to accept it as being a mistake really. If you want to appeal go ahead but its unlikely to work.[/QUOTE

No history, and I was like a country bumpkin using the machine for 5 and think that’s what fcukd me up getting just 4 hour parking instead of the all day. Does nobody else think this is a bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,981 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I know why they clamped me, parking ticket was hour out of date, bit harsh. Technically I am in the wrong but ......

5 mins over is harsh. 12 times that is not even slightly harsh.

Next time, double check the buttons you push.

antodeco wrote: »
    ..but.....?

Any chance u r a clamper anto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An hour is 4x longer than the longest grace period I've ever seen basically.

And don't try and make guesses at peoples occupations.

Any chance u r a clamper anto ?

Nope. Any chance you didn't pay the correct fee for your parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I put the wrong reg in and got clamped. Sent in an appeal and got €50 back.

Worth a punt.

antodeco wrote: »
    Nope. Any chance you didn't pay the correct fee for your parking?

Yep 🤮

L1011 wrote: »
    An hour is 4x longer than the longest grace period I've ever seen basically.

And don't try and make guesses at peoples occupations.

Not trying to offend anybody or cause aggro, tried a bit of light humour that’s all . Apologies Anto if I offended u 🙏

Not trying to offend anybody or cause aggro, tried a bit of light humour that’s all . Apologies Anto if I offended u ðŸ™

None taken. You're aggrieved by your situation, so reactive post.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

You must use your imagination to spread this cost in a cunning manner across many weeks/months or even years.

If you were to shower at work, mix local edible berries into your jam, cut the grass less regularly, bring home restaurant condiments, switch on the heating for 5 less minutes per day - using a cardigan, retain toilet paper from public cubicles for home use, and take pens and stationary from work, then you will have rebalanced the cost within mere years.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not a hope, I paid for my parking on the morning of a downpour, the ticket got wet because if fell from the unit into a puddle so I left it on display flat. It dried out, curled and hid the most of the street address and I got clamped.
    Appealed because the car was parked on the correct street and within it's paid timestamp but the address was hard to see - it was possible to see it but only just.
    Got 50% back as they said the onus was on me to fully display the ticket so easily readable.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement