Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 512 thoughts?

Options
  • 16-11-2019 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Anybody have a CZ 512? Would appreciate some reviews on it.

Thinking of getting one in .22lr for some informal plinking at 50 and 100 yds. Not looking for mad accuracy, but 3 or 4 inch groups at 100 yds would incur my displeasure. Strictly for fun and maybe a go at some gallery.

Anybody have suggestions of alternatives. Note: I'm not married to the idea of a semi auto, but fun plinking is the aim of the exercise here.

Thanks,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

alanmc wrote: »
    Anybody have a CZ 512? Would appreciate some reviews on it.

Thinking of getting one in .22lr for some informal plinking at 50 and 100 yds. Not looking for mad accuracy, but 3 or 4 inch groups at 100 yds would incur my displeasure. Strictly for fun and maybe a go at some gallery.

Anybody have suggestions of alternatives. Note: I'm not married to the idea of a semi auto, but fun plinking is the aim of the exercise here.

Thanks,
    Al.

I have a 10/22 stainless and before that had a cz455 synthetic.The cz was a brilliant gun and i had no problems head shooting rabbits out to 75y with subs,I would stick a cci velocitor in it and body shoot anything further than that.But that was just cause in no great shot,the cz would probably do 2/3 inches at 100 easily.The gun was stock and only cost €400 new.
    The ruger i have now is stock bar a houge stock i got as the original synthetic is embarrassingly bad,why ruger still make it is beyond me.The gun will shoot most subs bar eley and rws they will not cycle the bolt on my gun.It is nowhere near as accurate as the cz but i still can headshoot rabbits out to 50/60y and it loves eley hv for the longer body shots.Easy to clean as well after watching a few YouTube videos.Cost with new stock 550.
    Overall both guns are great but cz would be a better shooter.Ruger you could tart up as much as your budget could afford you.If i was you though id buy the cz512 they look lovely and i would think not too many people have one so it would be a conversation starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=Mark

Savage are also a cheap, very accurate rifle.

I have the Mark 11 GL (left - handed) and can't fault it.

I get 1" accurracy out to 100 yards (using bipods) with Winchester sub. and i'm not a great shot

They come with accu-trigger and threaded for a moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobbie78

I have a CZ512 and its a great rifle both accurate and reliable. It will shoot 1" and half to 2" groups at 100 meters easily with eley sport and i wouldn't class myself as a great shot, so im sure with more expensive target ammo it would easily shoot under an 1" and half at 100 meters.

Advertisement