Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 (C6) oil pressure switch

• 16-11-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone show and tell me where the oil pressure switch for a 2006 Audi A6 (C6) 2.0TFSI is?

I've checked online and all the comments say its "beside" the oil filler. I found a switch but its not the oil pressure one and i have a sneaking suspicion its at the back of the engine.

Detailed description for this exact model is helpful and pictures would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Do you have an engine code? It should be three letters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its tricky to find, and even to get at, but rather easy to replace.

Standing at the front of the car, look at the right side of the engine.

You can see the sensor/switch by looking through a small gap from the top of the engine, indicated by the green arrow.

Locate the oil filter, indicated by the red arrow. Above it is the oil cooler, indicated by the yellow arrow. About an inch or two, towards the firewall, is a connector. The cable for this connector splits about three inches back along the lead, and the split part goes to the pressure switch while the main body of the lead goes back towards the ECU (presumably). The switch is basically behind the oil cooler, "facing" towards the firewall.

The picture below shows the side of the oil cooler, facing the firewall, and the switch located behind it. The switch faces towards the firewall. You disconnect the lead and then unscrew the switch itself. The size is somewhere between 23-24mm. I cannot be exact as the 23 did not seem to fit and the 24 was a tiny bit loose, but worked as there is little to no torque required to open it. Also the replacement switch has a slightly smaller nut (22mm).

Unscrew the switch and remove. You may find a tiny, and i mean tiny bit of oil leaks out, but it's nothing. A drop literally. Place the new switch in and turn by hand only. Be VERY CAREFUL when tightening the new switch. As said the torque setting is very very small. Just a touch beyond hand tight. I couldn't get a torque wrench in so i have no idea what the actual setting is. I used a normal ratchet with only an 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn to tighten.

DO NOT forget to put the new washer on the switch before installing the new switch.

When you're happy it's tight enough, reconnect the connector to the switch and you're done.

You will need something to pry open the tab on the connector (fine screwdriver or bradawl) and a couple of long sockets as the plastic piece of the switch is about 1.5 to 1.75 inches before the nut holding it in place. I used 3" extended sockets.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement