Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Less chance of him co-operating now that he's withdrawn from public life

Who Epstein?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Who Epstein?

The Dook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

On Mon 20:30 2nd Dec (BBC One) Ms Roberts is set to giver her account of the Dook's rotten behaviour.
    Popcorn & Showtime!

Now all they need is to find that Bond villan (Maxwell) for an interview also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Now all they need is to find that Bond villan (Maxwell) for an interview also.

Shame he sleeps with the fishes.....

Virginia Guiffre Panorama interview to air on Monday. One would imagine this will open a whole new can of worms for Prince Andrew, given his weak and already, in some cases, disproved lies about why he never slept with her on the 3 alleged occasions versus her crisp and accurate memories of the self same events.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/panorama-interview-with-prince-andrew-accuser-virginia-giuffre-due-to-air-next-week-a4294231.html

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Shame he sleeps with the fishes.....
    It's mysterious wan Ghislaine that holds all the secrets now, a shady character who seeming has left the US without any hinderance whatsoever.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Virginia Guiffre Panorama interview to air on Monday.
    Mon 2nd Dec (BBC One) 20:30.

Good on the BBC (for a change) in bringing this to light. Their Spotlight and Nolan programme series are also very good, and both greatly feared by Priests, Scientologiests, tax evaders and improper workplace/deal arrangers.

The Duke considering another interview according to Vanity Fair

Lol if true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think she left before the new court case in new york was in progress,
    she knew she would be in trouble if she had to testify in court,
    being a pimp for epstein is probably a crime ,if the women were under 18 when he met them.
    Maybe she is in some small eastern european country wearing a wig,
    may be she got a face lift.
    she could have left the usa on a private plane ,she knows lots of rich people .

The Duke considering another interview according to Vanity Fair

Lol if true

I certainly hope so; I want this to become an annual comedy series.

They can bring in some special guests too, such as Bill Clinton and Kevin Spacey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Apologies if this has been asked previously. Prince Andrew presumably has police protection. Have they been asked for information? Even if what was going on around Epstein escaped Prince Andrew it's difficult to credit police officers going around with closed eyes and not reporting to higher ups.

Vetch wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked previously. Prince Andrew presumably has police protection. Have they been asked for information? Even if what was going on around Epstein escaped Prince Andrew it's difficult to credit police officers going around with closed eyes and not reporting to higher ups.

Prince Andrew is endowed with diplomatic immunity, regardless.

Vetch wrote: »
    It'll probably be the higher ups that kill it off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

He does not have to go to the america ,or appear in a us court as a witness
    unless he wants to .
    He is not an american citizen.
    As to appearing for another interview ,that would be a mistake.
    Unless he has a list of questions in advance, and can remove questions that
    he would not wish to answer before the interview is in progress .
    Theres an australian phrase,
    when you are in a hole stop digging .

that just makes it worse.

It looks like the BBC are playing a long game anyway

"Part of an investigation"they're saying , there must be a lot of information not released yet

Prince Andrew prob thick enough to do it again

The royals in general will know better after all this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It looks like the BBC are playing a long game anyway

"Part of an investigation"they're saying , there must be a lot of information not released yet

Incidentally, Andrew is not under investigation (so far) for a criminal offence - that could only happen if evidence emerged he had knowingly been with an underage girl.

The reason he is in big trouble generally speaking is for hanging out with a convicted sex offender and having girls supplied to him by the same individual (and not distancing himself from Epstein after he was jailed).

Have I Got News For You did a great treatment of the interview on the show this week - some great one liners include:

“He’s not really giving up public life- public life is giving him, up”

“He could sponsor a pizza- The Thick and Crusty”

“As someone said, the interview was a car crash, as though the Royal Family cared about.....”

“What type of rally did Maxwell attend? Just a straightforward shooting rally”

“Why did PA stay with Epstein? Because Gary Glitter was busy.”

“Let me check my sweating diary to see what day I sweated”

“Andrew has scrapped a visit to flood-hit villagers in Yorkshire. Shame. They were hoping to use him as a sandbag, given his unique ability to retain moisture “ :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Strazdas wrote: »
    Incidentally, Andrew is not under investigation (so far) for a criminal offence - that could only happen if evidence emerged he had knowingly been with an underage girl.

The reason he is in big trouble generally speaking is for hanging out with a convicted sex offender and having girls supplied to him by the same individual (and not distancing himself from Epstein after he was jailed).

If they can prove that he paid for sex with Virginia Roberts he could be in trouble. Whist the age of consent in the UK is 16, it is illegal to engage a prostitute under the age of 18. Both the client and the prostitute are guilty in such a circumstance.

Unless I am mad I definitely can remember reading or watching a documentary where she stated that she received $ 15,000 when she slept with him in London. If this is true he could face prosecution if it lies within the statute of limitations. The only thing is that Virginia Roberts would be incriminating herself if she states she was paid for services. Would she do that?

VVuX5Rw.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Colsin91

Now Charles and William have condemned Andrew. Polls show immense public support for Charles, after he showed ‘resolve.’ This may very well ruin Andrew’s reputation, and solidify Charles’ position as future King. Overall, net positive PR for the royal family. What is wrong with the English people? They seem oblivious to the ‘protect the brand’ strategy.

The fight has begun in anticipation of the screening next week-She’s certainly coming out fighting. I wonder what new content will be revealed in her BBC interview on Monday next.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7728077/Virginia-Roberts-says-Ghislaine-Maxwell-arrested-Prince-Andrew-belongs-jail.html

21466776-7728077-Prince_Andrew_Duke_of_York_and_Sarah_Ferguson_Duchess_of_York_pi-a-30_1574792310315.jpg

I have a feeling life will get worse for the duke

I have a feeling life will get worse for the duke

Whatever happens, it's a sh1te-fest war of words at this stage between one PR company and another and one set of lawyers and another- don't expect to find the truth anywhere close by. We're now totally in the "trial-by-media" realm, regardless of what a d1ck Andrew is.

I have to laugh at how the newspaper reports are changing- last week it was all about how Fergie and her daughter urged Andrew to do the interview- now they're saying both tried to dissuade him and they're leaving the blame solely on the doorstep of his chief of staff or whatever she's called- looks like they've employed their own PR firm to distance themselves.

23rd November:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7718663/Princess-Beatrice-helped-set-father-Prince-Andrews-car-crash-BBC-interview.html

Yesterday:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7724861/Princess-Beatrice-Sarah-Ferguson-tried-talk-Prince-Andrew-BBC-interview.html

If there are victims here, they're going to be hard to spot amongst the mud-slinging that will go backwards and forwards in the coming weeks and months- none of this should be played out in the media before a proper trial, either criminal or civil, takes place, but obviously in America, they're not subject to the same sort of reporting limitations we have in Ireland, so essentially, anything goes.

There's an ex Harvard Law professor suing Virginia for false allegations and defamation:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alan-dershowitz-says-epstein-accuser-virginia-roberts-giuffre-has-harmed-his-health-with-false-allegations

“I await the opportunity to cross examine my false accuser and the lawyers who pressured her to falsely accuse me,” Dershowitz said in a statement. “I will prove that before she was pressured by her lawyers to name me, she told the FBI and her friends the names of the men with whom she claimed to have had sex, and she did not include me. To the contrary, she wrote that she had never even met me.”

And now, he in turn is being sued by one of her lawyers- you couldn't make it up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2019/11/08/alan-dershowitz-countersues-accuser-jeffrey-epstein-case-then-is-sued-by-david-boies/

"So Boies fired back Friday with his own defamation suit against Dershowitz, saying, “In an effort to distract attention from his own misconduct, [Dershowitz] has engaged in a campaign to attack and vilify each of the lawyers who have represented his victims, one of which is [Boies],” the head of the Boies Schiller Flexner law firm".

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The fight has begun in anticipation of the screening next week-She’s certainly coming out fighting. I wonder what new content will be revealed in her BBC interview on Monday next.

Interview coming up at 9pm on BBC 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is going to be very bad for Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

She’s very believable. God Epstein was evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

This is going to be very bad for Andrew.

Who ordered Epstein to be bumped off?

Andy's story is being ripped to shreds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Also where is Maxwell? I wonder will she sing to get a plea deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

BrianJD wrote: »
    Also where is Maxwell? I wonder will she sing to get a plea deal.

Maxwell seems to have done a Lord a Lucan

Advertisement