Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How can get British national broadcaster 'get away' with showing an anti monarchy interview like that?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

He's very fresh looking in the photo with her considering it was apparently taken after he had been heavily sweating and dancing in the niteclub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Happy4all wrote: »
    Maxwell seems to have down a Lord a Lucan

Or "a Maxwell" - she probably has the use of whatever Israeli bolthole her father had when he faked his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

How can get British national broadcaster 'get away' with showing an anti monarchy interview like that?

What are you raving about? It’s not N Korea here, and the BBC aren’t RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Surely it's an 'anti-criminal activity' interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

The email he sent to Maxwell in 2015 about Virginia Roberts has absolutely nailed him as a liar.

I didn’t see much new tonight that I haven’t read online - I thought interview with Roberts would have expanded on the details of the New York or Virgin Islands allegations but it didn’t.

It will be interesting to hear what these 5 new women who have filed depositions allege Andrew saw or was aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

The email he sent to Maxwell in 2015 about Virginia Roberts has absolutely nailed him as a liar.

He'd probably say that he has no recollection of ever sending that email . . . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭dball

my theory is there is some very valuable video tapes from the Epstein houses out there somewhere!!( this was mentioned that there were surveillance cameras in the rooms)and who ever has these must have used them to buy some time or have them as a very valuable bargaining chip- they would be very valuable/damning if they exist

Surely it's an 'anti-criminal activity' interview?

My point being that if we are to believe that someone or some people went to the risk of offing Epstein, then surely someone would have been able to pull the plug on an interview that opens even more worm cans than Epstein talking would have.

• Advertisement

He'd probably say that he has no recollection of ever sending that email . . . . . . . .

For those who haven't seen the interview:
    Prince Andrew sent an email to Jeffrey Epstein's alleged madam Ghislaine Maxwell at 5.50am to let her know he had 'specific questions' about Virginia Roberts in 2015.

Tonight's BBC Panorama investigation uncovered the email which suggests he asked for Ghislaine Maxwell's help in responding to Virginia Roberts' claims he had sex with her when she was 17 and a trafficked 'sex slave' of Epstein.

In the email the Prince tells Ghislaine Maxwell: 'Let me know when we can talk. Got some specific questions to ask you about Virginia Roberts.'

Ghislaine replies: 'Have some info. Call me when you have a moment.'

She said: 'There was a bath and it started there and it led into the bedroom. It didn't last very long the whole entire procedure. It was disgusting.

'He wasn't mean or anything. But he got up and said thanks and walked out. And I sat there in bed just felt horrified and ashamed and felt dirty.'

She added: 'I had just been abused by a member of the royal family.'

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

My point being that if we are to believe that someone or some people went to the risk of offing Epstein, then surely someone would have been able to pull the plug on an interview that opens even more worm cans than Epstein talking would have.

Finite power. These are criminals who live in the dark and hate bright lights.
    They aren't all-powerful, especially when the tide turns, they scurry into the dark again.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

The old duke of York he had 10,000 men, he marched them out to the fauklands war and he will never sweat again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

If you send an email to someone the isp,or the email provider will probably have records of it ,
    i would be suprised if nsa or the fbi could not find it if the wanted to do so.
    It seems to be her word versus prince andrew,s unless maybe later a witness appears at a later date to back up her story.
    i,m sure the bbc would have a legal expert viewing the video and checking it
    before it was shown to make sure it was safe to broadcast,
    eg she is a credible witness .
    She has been consistent in the story she tells about her meeting the prince

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

riclad wrote: »
    If you send an email to someone the isp,or the email provider will probably have records of it ,
    i would be suprised if nsa or the fbi could not find it if the wanted to do so.
    It seems to be her word versus prince andrew,s unless maybe later a witness appears at a later date to back up her story.
    i,m sure the bbc would have a legal expert viewing the video and checking it
    before it was shown to make sure it was safe to broadcast,
    eg she is a credible witness .
    She has been consistent in the story she tells about her meeting the prince

There seems to be a fair bit of evidence she was trafficked by Epstein (photos of her in different locations around the world) and that she met Andrew at least - even Maxwell appears to have admitted they met.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I wonder if Trump is looking at this tonight in London?? Am just watching the clip of him and Epstein at a party in Mar-a-Lago.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

21466776-7728077-Prince_Andrew_Duke_of_York_and_Sarah_Ferguson_Duchess_of_York_pi-a-30_1574792310315.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Will Andrew come back to the BBC for another bite of the cherry?

While the programme didn't necessarily reveal a lot that was new and "damning" (as in, Roberts has only essentially reiterated what she has been quoted as saying in previous reports)- apparently, there's now a witness to seeing them both @ Tramp nite-club on the night in question- now that, IMHO, is "damning"-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750905/Witness-vividly-remembers-seeing-Prince-Andrew-Virginia-Roberts-Tramp-nightclub.html

No doubt there will be press releases from the Palace, trying to discredit this in some way, but it's the first piece of independent opinion coming forward - I reckon at this stage, the Palace know a lot more than they're saying, simply because Andrew's security detail will be able to state categorically where he was on that night- they may yet be forced to show their hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No doubt there will be press releases from the Palace, trying to discredit this in some way,

I'm not so sure, because the evidence is mounting the palace will be even more cautious about making statements. Better to say nothing than say something that can be proven to be untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

While the programme didn't necessarily reveal a lot that was new and "damning" (as in, Roberts has only essentially reiterated what she has been quoted as saying in previous reports)- apparently, there's now a witness to seeing them both @ Tramp nite-club on the night in question- now that, IMHO, is "damning"-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750905/Witness-vividly-remembers-seeing-Prince-Andrew-Virginia-Roberts-Tramp-nightclub.html

No doubt there will be press releases from the Palace, trying to discredit this in some way, but it's the first piece of independent opinion coming forward - I reckon at this stage, the Palace know a lot more than they're saying, simply because Andrew's security detail will be able to state categorically where he was on that night- they may yet be forced to show their hand.

In the same article, it says he was photographed on previous occasions at Tramps in years before this, so clearly was very familiar with the place.

Strazdas wrote: »
    In the same article, it says he was photographed on previous occasions at Tramps in years before this, so clearly was very familiar with the place.

Who is advising him to lie about things that there are photos and eye witnesses to contradict? And can't the palace force him to fire these idiots?

How can one who doesn't have BBC watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

tuxy wrote: »
    Who is advising him to lie about things that there are photos and eye witnesses to contradict? And can't the palace force him to fire these idiots?

Why do you think he's being forced?

This is a man who has publicly declared himself 'too honourable ' to disassociate himself from a convicted paedophile. If that's the direction his moral compass points to I doubt much arm twisting is required to coax a lie out of his mouth.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why do you think he's being forced?

This is a man who has publicly declared himself 'too honourable ' to disassociate himself from a convicted paedophile. If that's the direction his moral compass points to I doubt much arm twisting is required to coax a lie out of his mouth.

I have no doubt about the mans lack of moral compass but surprised at the lack of control the palace has over him in the middle of such a large scandal.

How can one who doesn't have BBC watch this?

It's on the pirate bay if you know how to download torrents
    Search for "BBC Panorama - The Prince, Epstein Scandal"

tuxy wrote: »
    It's on the pirate bay if you know how to download torrents
    Search for "BBC Panorama - The Prince, Epstein Scandal"

Haha, no I'm not that suave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Will Andrew come back to the BBC for another bite of the cherry?

No chance.Mammy will not allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For me it revealed two new pieces of information that make this case even murkier. Firstly from the Newsnight interview Andrew said that he has no recollection of ever meeting or knowing who Virginia Roberts was. Now the Panaroma team has unearthed the 5 in the morning email from Andrew to Gislaine Maxwell asking for help on the allegations.So this shows he lied in the Newsnight interview, he was fully aware of who she was as the photo proves.

The second little nugget (and one not expanded on by the Panaroma team) was the fact that when they went from Tramps to Maxwells house Andrew traveled in a jeep behind them and was driven by his royal protection officers who go everywhere with members of the royal family, including the inside of nightclubs when necessary. Their literal job is to have eyes on him at all times and be ready to intervene in case of attack. They're trained to take a bullet for him in the same way the US Secret Service are trained in protecting a US President. So his own police officers would have seen Virginia in the nightclub with Andrew dancing and would also have known and vetted all parties going back to the house, as is their job while protecting a royal. Id even go as far as to say that at least one of them was inside the house at all times, again this would be normal for a royal protection officer protecting a royal. They dont just let a prince inside a random house in case anything were to happen, then it is their job on the line.

All of the above is very relevant because Virginia went into Scotland Yard sometime around 2012 and made a full statement of what happened that night in London. She alleged that she had been traffiked by Epstein and Maxwell and abused by Andrew. The Met were supposed to investigate the allegation and if they had of they could have found out the truth from Andrews royal protection detail who would have corroborated the events of that night with what Virginia says happened. Instead the Met told her and her lawyer that the case wasnt going to proceed. They never explained why this was, only that she didnt have a case and that was that.

In my mind now all the evidence to prove what she alleges is there but instead what we have a one giant cover up of the Royal Family involving the Met police who neglected to investigate the allegations. If they had of then Andrew would clearly have been under arrest.

Advertisement