Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm just wondering if it has been determined for certain how Epstein died in prison.
    I can think of one guy at least who might have wanted him dead, no sweat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I'm just wondering if it has been determined for certain how Epstein died in prison.
    I can think of one guy at least who might have wanted him dead, no sweat!

https://www.thejournal.ie/jeffrey-epstein-prison-guards-arrests-4897398-Nov2019/

It's doubtful the prison guards did it without someone greasing their palms.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Colsin91

I am worried that within a few weeks, this story will will fade into obscurity. The royal family will engage its usual bury-the-head strategy. Talk of the story will gradually dissipate. Before long, people will resume obsessing over the most trivial details of the Kate vs Meghan saga. Add in a few pics of Kate attending Christmas functions in a fancy dress. Then, story over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Colsin91 wrote: »
    I am worried that within a few weeks, this story will will fade into obscurity. The royal family will engage its usual bury-the-head strategy. Talk of the story will gradually dissipate. Before long, people will resume obsessing over the most trivial details of the Kate vs Meghan saga. Add in a few pics of Kate attending Christmas functions in a fancy dress. Then, story over

No chance. They've been killing stories about Andrew for decades, I think this is too high profile and world wide.

• Advertisement

No chance. They've been killing stories about Andrew for decades, I think this is too high profile and world wide.

I sincerely hope that you are correct! But many significant news stories are gradually forgotten. He will keep the head down, and without oxygen the story will die a death

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Just watched that interview.

He is lying.

Comes across as a dishonest arrogant idiot.

He willingly stayed with a known and convicted pedophile on more than one occasion. They were friends. These are facts.
    He's being accused of having sex with underage girls. One has come out There is a picture of them together. He claims it might be faked.

So we know he's cool about staying with a pedophile in a house where underage girls are used for sex. I think that's enough for me.

So is the Queen also a pedophile, just as FTA69 has claimed Andrew is in an earlier post?
    Because she has entertained some of the greatest despots, rapists, genocide instagators etc of the 20th and 21st century? There's plenty of pictures. Is "association" enough?

There's a much bigger issue here over and above Prince Andrew. Every day of the week, at the instruction of government, Royals, diplomats, whatever, throughout the world, are asked to deal with some of the most undesirable low-life that exist, (including Kings and other Governments), just to make a dollar or two. It's the way the world works, whether rightly or wrongly- but it happens every day.

For me, this issue is so much bigger than Prince Andrew- it's about how governments and countries go about doing business with each other, and what leaches are allowed to tag along for the ride.

Yes, Prince Andrew is a total moron. He's filled with greed and narcism. But is he a pedophile like FtA69 has claimed? That's where I'm coming from. This forum has plenty of keyboard warriors who just like to state their case without facts and get a few thanks- It's boring and it's inaccurate.

Maybe FTA69 is correct. But they've provided no evidence over and above supposition which we all can do- if that's discussion in this new forum, then you can have it, because we can all be keyboard warriors and post thanks-whore sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

S
    Yes, Prince Andrew is a total moron. He's filled with greed and narcism. But is he a pedophile like FtA69 has claimed? .

I don't know if he's a pedophile, but i certainly believe he's a sleaze bag who used his position and wealth to bed girls much younger than him. That Virginia girl was 17 at the time - not exactly a pedo, but any 30 odd year old who thinks it's ok to be fúcking 17 year olds is a sick puppy in my eyes, even if the 17 year old is 100% willing. Throw in the fact that she now says she was coerced and the story is getting much murkier.

Also anyone who invites a convicted filth bag like epstein to their daughters birthday party - come on now. Whatever about having to attend some business function with people you don't like, there is no requirement to invite them to family occasions or stay in their house - it's not like the sleazy bastard couldn't afford a hotel now is it!

And all his bullshít about not sweating because he once saw a bullet a thousand miles from the nearest battle and just his general air of nonciness - he's as guilty as sin - and the entire world knows it!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

The odious cretin would get up on the crack of dawn.

• Advertisement

When I searched this thread, it stated that there was no reply since yesterday. But there are replies since then. It’s a bit weird!

So is the Queen also a pedophile, just as FTA69 has claimed Andrew is in an earlier post?
    Because she has entertained some of the greatest despots, rapists, genocide instagators etc of the 20th and 21st century? There's plenty of pictures. Is "association" enough?

There's a much bigger issue here over and above Prince Andrew. Every day of the week, at the instruction of government, Royals, diplomats, whatever, throughout the world, are asked to deal with some of the most undesirable low-life that exist, (including Kings and other Governments), just to make a dollar or two. It's the way the world works, whether rightly or wrongly- but it happens every day.

For me, this issue is so much bigger than Prince Andrew- it's about how governments and countries go about doing business with each other, and what leaches are allowed to tag along for the ride.

Yes, Prince Andrew is a total moron. He's filled with greed and narcism. But is he a pedophile like FtA69 has claimed? That's where I'm coming from. This forum has plenty of keyboard warriors who just like to state their case without facts and get a few thanks- It's boring and it's inaccurate.

Maybe FTA69 is correct. But they've provided no evidence over and above supposition which we all can do- if that's discussion in this new forum, then you can have it, because we can all be keyboard warriors and post thanks-whore sh1te.

The queen lives off the butchery of and the remnants of her fallen empire, but I don't think she's a pedophile.
    Was Epstein a head of state and was it Andrew's job to meet and greet him? No and No.

Andrew was friends with Epstein. Not a Royal who's duty it was to stay with a Pedophile.

You are missing the issue. An English Prince was pals with a man he knew was a Pedophile.

Most likely, I wouldn't let him near any underage girls personally. If he's not he's okay with people engaging in it.

I believe he may be based on the facts we have. As I said, if he's not, he's okay with others engaging in it and it would not stop him being their friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am hearing the word " pedophile " thrown around a lot on all of these Prince Andrew threads.

It is my understanding that a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent minors? I have not seen any evidence of this in this case, am I wrong here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am hearing the word " pedophile " thrown around a lot on all of these Prince Andrew threads.

It is my understanding that a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent minors? I have not seen any evidence of this in this case, am I wrong here?

That was my understanding of the term but it has been used to basically describe any sex with a minor. It's my understanding that the term is being misused to the point where if Prince Andrew did have sex with Virginia Roberts then he is technically, based on the latest use of the word, a pedophile.

The question therefore is, was Jeffrey Epstein a pedophile or someone who had sex with minors but of post pubescent age?

holyhead wrote: »
    That was my understanding of the term but it has been used to basically describe any sex with a minor. It's my understanding that the term is being misused to the point where if Prince Andrew did have sex with Virginia Roberts then he is technically, based on the latest use of the word, a pedophile.

Not if she was 17. The age of consent for females in the UK is 16 as far as I know. So he has technically done nothing wrong there. If they can prove she was working as a prostitute things might be different.

I am not sure on the ages of consent in the US. They do vary from state to state.

But as I posted before, I am not seeing any evidence of anyone involved in this scandal being pedophiles? There is a vast difference in abusing pre-pubescent minors and a 17 year old person who is sexually active. I am not saying it is not seedy or anything, but accusing someone of being a pedophile is a lot more serious an accusation.

I think Rapist is the legal term. I believe underage sex, often referred to as Pedophilia, is Rape be the victim willing or not.
    So Andrew may not technically be a Pedophile but he may legally be a rapist, if reports are proven.

I think Rapist is the legal term. I believe underage sex, often referred to as Pedophilia, is Rape be the victim willing or not.
    So Andrew may not technically be a Pedophile but he may legally be a rapist, if reports are proven.

Like a Royal Rapist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Not if she was 17. The age of consent for females in the UK is 16 as far as I know. So he has technically done nothing wrong there. If they can prove she was working as a prostitute things might be different.

I am not sure on the ages of consent in the US. They do vary from state to state.

The ages of consent in New York and the US Virgin Islands are 17 and 16 respectively, so Roberts would have been of legal age anywhere that she and Prince Andrew allegedly had sex. The allegation that she was underage thus has no merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

"Prince Andrew stepping back from royal duties for "foreseeable future" following Epstein scandal"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50496539

Hardly a surprise given the blowback to that awful self absorbed and ill considered Interview. Hard to see how he can resuscitate himself after that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Aaaaaaaand he's gone! :pac:

Wonder if Liz wishes she still had the pull to arrange car accidents?
    Or was his interview enough of a carcrash?

• Advertisement

The ages of consent in New York and the US Virgin Islands are 17 and 16 respectively, so Roberts would have been of legal age anywhere that she and Prince Andrew allegedly had sex. The allegation that she was underage thus has no merit.

I think you are right. There is one caveat on whether or not any of her clients were in a position of authority. I know for example in countries like Spain, Germany, Brazil, Italy and Portugal they have consent ages which are considerably younger. But if it can be proven that the minors were involved with, for example say a teacher or a scout leader, then you can be into criminal acts.

I know that the AOC ( age of consent ) in Florida is 18. Epstein had a place there. As far as I am aware this is where his original conviction was. Mind you one of his original accusers was only 14. Any grown man involved with a 14 year old girl is a sleazebag in my book. Big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Schumi7

No, technically you're right. Paedophilia has become a kind of catch-all term for the sexual abuse of young people, but the term itself refers specifically to the ongoing sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children.

The best known example of this is the labelling of all catholic priests accused of sexual abuse as paedophiles, when the vast majority weren't actually paedophiles; they were ephebophiles. As I understand it the latter involves, or has a link with, a homosexual attraction to adolescents, and is therefore a highly contentious talking point in respect of said example.

Keep him out of prison but won't clear him with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

A "royal commentator" being interviewed on BBC news a few minutes ago.

"He had to be cut out to protect the royal family"

"Im sure he can be rehabilitated"

The brits are nuts, he'll lie low for a few years and then he'll be back to do ehhhh whatever it is he bloody does.

Protect the royal family from a member of the royal family? I think they mean protect the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Protect the royal family from a member of the royal family? I think they mean protect the brand.
    they're not called ' The Firm' for nothing .... does any one know if his royal toe- rag-iness gets money from the civil list or was that abolished ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oops69 wrote: »
    they're not called ' The Firm' for nothing .... does any one know if his royal toe- rag-iness gets money from the civil list or was that abolished ?
    IIRC something like 300K a year plus his army pension. No doubt on top of that there's security and the like coming out of the British taxpayer's purse. And that's before his property and land portfolio. Given he seems to live a lifestyle more in keeping with someone on three million plus a year it does make you wonder...

I can somewhat understand them paying out for their queen. Tradition, tourist draw, handy for handshaking foreign rulers and business types and public appearances for various causes and communities and the British seem to like her, and for a nice change with that family she's hardly put a foot wrong in her public life. The others? Nope.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Every family has a few people who are rude,ignorant, arrogant and spoiled.
    growing up rich and royal makes it worse.
    The closest he gets to real life was being in the army.
    He is not very smart, he says i do not regret being friends with epstein
    as it helped me to meet a lot of people,
    Does people include young vunerable sexy women who were forced to have sex ?
    he does not seem to have any sympathy with the victims of epstein.
    he,s taking break from public life .
    What choice does he have ,
    what charity or public body is going to chose him as a board member or
    allow him to work for them ,it is very risky.
    The court case,s around epstein estate will go on for years ,
    who knows what they will find.
    It,s rumoured there were video camera.s recording inside the epstein mansion.
    I think the interview was a mistake,
    it looked awkward and andrew looked arrogant,
    how does, he know he was at a party in a pizza joint 18 years ago,
    can anyone else back up his story .
    Did he keep a journal of all his daily activitys ?
    People like prince andrew are happy to be friends with people of dubious nature if they are rich ,have a nice mansion to stay in.
    And they are suurounded by lots of attractive women .
    even in 5 years i cannot see him being doing any work for charitys
    or the british government .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Slightly off the main topic, but every day I'm hearing the news say that "PA was said to be the Queens favorite". I find this a very odd thing and that the media don't seem to think it's an odd thing either. When I was growing up your aunts or uncles might say they had a 'favorite' out of all their combined nieces/nephews, something they might say when you were young,not as adults,....but your parents? No. Certainly they might have a favorite and favoritism would certainly be a thing in families, it certainly was in mine, but it wouldn't be something your parents would reveal publicly.

• Advertisement

What's the story with princess.. sorry Prince Edward, you'd never hear much about him.

Advertisement