Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germentin 500mg/125mg in pregnancy

Options
  • 16-11-2019 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Has anybody taken the above medication during pregnancy? The wife was at C.U.M.H overnight due to reoccurring boils on her skin and this medication was provided, the last batch of medication which was supplied for the same problem just last week did not work and has had side effects on her, now she is reluctant to take this medication also. The boils have been an on/off problem over the last 10 years, the GP never acted just tried to burst them instead, surely all this medication cannot be good, especially if not working.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Has anybody taken the above medication during pregnancy? The wife was at C.U.M.H overnight due to reoccurring boils on her skin and this medication was provided, the last batch of medication which was supplied for the same problem just last week did not work and has had side effects on her, now she is reluctant to take this medication also. The boils have been an on/off problem over the last 10 years, the GP never acted just tried to burst them instead, surely all this medication cannot be good, especially if not working.

Thanks.

It’s penicillin, it’s safe in pregnancy. I know people try to avoid meds in pregnancy, but clearing up the problem will make her much more comfortable I’m sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

jlm29 wrote: »
    It’s penicillin, it’s safe in pregnancy. I know people try to avoid meds in pregnancy, but clearing up the problem will make her much more comfortable I’m sure!

Yeah, you’re right. This problem has been there both before during and even after pregnancy, will say it to her, thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Please either make sure your, or your wife's concerns are known to the GP.

We can't have very specific discussions like this on boards as it appears to be critiquing the judgement of a medical professional and second opinions should be sought after in person..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement