Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get covers/doors for electrics outside front door?

Options
  • 16-11-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have 3 boxes outside my front door, one is the esb meter, one is for the wire coming in from the street for tv and another for the wire from the street for internet.

Im not sure what these little boxes/doors are called, but i want to get replacements, as the ones i have are not good, they are light plastic that keep opening by themselves.

Any idea what the correct name for these doors are and where i might source some better ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭dathi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Internet and TV you could prob Screw in a 3.5 *50 pozi screw each side to hold in place

The meter cabinet does ESBN repair them for the customer? There's a lot of different hinge setups with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Twister2 wrote: »
    Internet and TV you could prob Screw in a 3.5 *50 pozi screw each side to hold in place

The meter cabinet does ESBN repair them for the customer? There's a lot of different hinge setups with them

They are customer's property and not the ESB's so they won't repair it for you. Replacement doors can be attained. To replace the whole Permalli Box will require a temporary disconnection from the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Risteard81 wrote: »
    They are customer's property and not the ESB's so they won't repair it for you. Replacement doors can be attained. To replace the whole Permalli Box will require a temporary disconnection from the ESB.

Thanks for the help all, much appreciated.

Re: ownership, its defo owned by the property owner. ESB actually broke the door on my dads meter box and wouldnt repair it!

Advertisement