Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump/Russia Collusion Insanity

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

notobtuse wrote: »
    Trump will go down in history as one of the greatest US presidents, ever. Obama, as one of the worst... That is if historians are honest. Trump remains in power, and will win the 2020 election, because of the economy, jobs, lower taxes, stock market, lesser regulations, and he's working hard to accomplish his campaign promises. If any democrat president accomplished in 8 years half of what Trump has done 3 years we'd have added another face to Mount Rushmore.

When Obama took office the US was losing 800,000 jobs a month, Dow was spiralling towards 6,000 (having topped 14,000+ only a year or so earlier) and the most wanted man in US was still on the loose nearly a decade after he masterminded 9/11.

During Obama's two terms we had 75 months of consecutive job growth, the Dow saw 165% increase (to put that into perspective if similar growth were to occur between 2017-2024 the Dow would have to top 52,000+) and Bin Laden was killed. Obama carried out his 8 years as president without a single member of his team even receiving a criminal indictment.

A tax cut will not be something that gains favour with historians. Since 1980 Reagan, Bush Jr and Trump have all introduced massive tax cut policies. Clinton, Bush Sr and Obama have all at some point extended their predecessors cuts. Over same period we have also seen a huge shift of wealth towards the top 0.1% of society. In fact not since the 1930s has the bottom 90% of US society combined owned such a small share of the overall wealth.

Cutting regulations won't be something historians look upon as a positive either. Lack of regulation was the primary reason for the last financial crisis. Corporations are unwilling to police themselves (that's clearly evident from current issues with giant social media providers) and cutting regulations especially environmental ones at a time when environmental issues across the world are to the forefront of everyone's minds is a really bad idea long term and will be seen as a negative for the person who implemented them.

As far as campaign promises go Trump has fulfilled 17 and come to agreement on 11 more. That's equates to 27% of campaign promises kept. On the flip side 18 of his promises he has broken and another 28 stalled beyond any chance of keeping. In real terms 45% of his campaign promises he won't be able to accomplish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Donald trump used his followers to hack in the election and with help from russians he change votes to his favour to win the election in 2016, and that is again rules of democracy and Hillary should have won the presidency for winning fariness and without cheating.
    Lordy... Mueller should have forgotten his 16 mostly Trump hating high priced lawyers, not spent millions of taxpayer dollars, nor taken thousands of depositions, and put the country through 2 years of misery only to come up empty-handed... He should just have just called you!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    When Obama took office the US was losing 800,000 jobs a month, Dow was spiralling towards 6,000 (having topped 14,000+ only a year or so earlier) and the most wanted man in US was still on the loose nearly a decade after he masterminded 9/11.

During Obama's two terms we had 75 months of consecutive job growth, the Dow saw 165% increase (to put that into perspective if similar growth were to occur between 2017-2024 the Dow would have to top 52,000+) and Bin Laden was killed. Obama carried out his 8 years as president without a single member of his team even receiving a criminal indictment.

A tax cut will not be something that gains favour with historians. Since 1980 Reagan, Bush Jr and Trump have all introduced massive tax cut policies. Clinton, Bush Sr and Obama have all at some point extended their predecessors cuts. Over same period we have also seen a huge shift of wealth towards the top 0.1% of society. In fact not since the 1930s has the bottom 90% of US society combined owned such a small share of the overall wealth.

Cutting regulations won't be something historians look upon as a positive either. Lack of regulation was the primary reason for the last financial crisis. Corporations are unwilling to police themselves (that's clearly evident from current issues with giant social media providers) and cutting regulations especially environmental ones at a time when environmental issues across the world are to the forefront of everyone's minds is a really bad idea long term and will be seen as a negative for the person who implemented them.

As far as campaign promises go Trump has fulfilled 17 and come to agreement on 11 more. That's equates to 27% of campaign promises kept. On the flip side 18 of his promises he has broken and another 28 stalled beyond any chance of keeping. In real terms 45% of his campaign promises he won't be able to accomplish.
    Sorry but facts can be pesky things. Trump is responsible for the recovery of the US economy... not Obama.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obama-trump-booming-economy/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,553 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sorry but facts can be pesky things. Trump is responsible for the recovery of the US economy... not Obama.

No No No No No, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

An editorial from a very right leaning website??

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/investors-business-daily/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

Obama carried out his 8 years as president without a single member of his team even receiving a criminal indictment.

I'm not one to defend Trump so don't interpret my attacking Obama as defending the orange idiot.

So none of Obama's team received a criminal indictment. Ok, but I think there's a fair chance that if someone was to dig even a just a teeny-weeny bit someone on Obama's Citigroup mandated administration

https://newrepublic.com/article/137798/important-wikileaks-revelation-isnt-hillary-clinton

might turn out to be less than an honest, wholesome example to the rest of us. The fact that Citigroup appointed his administration should be enough to make anyone deeply suspicious of the man and at least question his character and motives.

And herein lies the problem. People defend Republicans and others defend the Democrats. When in fact they're the same bought and paid for puppet party.

It amazes me how people still don't see this and continue with their petty "my party's better than yours!" pointless infighting that only serves both parties and their corporate pay masters in maintaining the status quo.

And maybe to drive home the point how these parties are now one and the same Obama straight out admits the Democrats have shifted right and are more or less Republicans in their policy stance

Skip to 3:20 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeyESTwub5Q

Unless people would argue Republicans have shifted left? Doubt anyone would make that claim.

I'm not having a go at you but I'm just pointing out the futility of taking either side of the two-headed monster that is the Red/Blue two-party false dichotomy.

People need to wake up and stop defending either of them....unless you're supporting Bernie or Tulsi that is, but watch them get destroyed by the establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I'd just like to congratulate President Trump on being singlehandedly responsible for the recovery of the American economy. What makes it even more impressive is the recovery began 6 years before he even took office

A truly amazing human being

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

wildeside wrote: »

And herein lies the problem. People defend Republicans and others defend the Democrats. When in fact they're the same bought and paid for puppet party.

Doesn't dispute the point I made and tons of people including me have bemoaned the fact the Democrats have corporate masters.

The Democrats however have shown they are far more willing to vote as they see appropriate than their Republicans colleagues https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/8xt55v/comment/e25uz0g
    And maybe to drive home the point how these parties are now one and the same Obama straight out admits the Democrats have shifted right and are more or less Republicans in their policy stance

Democrats shifted to the right in the early 90s with the election of Bill Clinton. Fiscally Clinton is probably most conservative president the US has had in an century. However this also caused the war between Republicans and Democrats we now find ourselves still in. Prior to 92 corporation between Dems and Republicans was normal enough but Clinton's election changed everything.
    Unless people would argue Republicans have shifted left? Doubt anyone would make that claim.
    Nobody makes this claim. In fact Republicans have gone further right.

Dems since about 2010 have started to shift move towards centre and with progressive outside candidates like Sanders and AOC could see a movement towards more left politics in years to come. Of course that would require change of leadership and movement away from the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.

People need to wake up and stop defending either of them....unless you're supporting Bernie or Tulsi that is, but watch them get destroyed by the establishment.

Gabbard isn't left. She would be more to the right than Hillary, Biden or Obama.

She is also supposedly anti war yet critical of Obama for not bombing Al-Qaeda

https://mobile.twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/649615636088365058?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I'd just like to congratulate President Trump on being singlehandedly responsible for the recovery of the American economy. What makes it even more impressive is the recovery began 6 years before he even took office

the bigliest recovery

the bigliest recovery
    Trump's economic recovery was most definitely HUUUUUUGE! ;)

• Advertisement

Doesn't dispute the point I made and tons of people including me have bemoaned the fact the Democrats have corporate masters.

The Democrats however have shown they are far more willing to vote as they see appropriate than their Republicans colleagues https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/8xt55v/comment/e25uz0g

I can't believe anyone would defend Obama knowing what we know about him now. He promised hope and change and delivered neither.

He's is/was an establishment guy. It's easy for this establishment guy to now talk about not being 'too progressive' when it costs 35,000!!! dollars to take a picture with him (you read that right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JM7dKRWX8

I mean really, how can he or his record be defended? I just don't have any time for the defense of this sellout and I can't believe anyone would defend him knowing what we know now.

Gabbard isn't left. She would be more to the right than Hillary, Biden or Obama.

She is also supposedly anti war yet critical of Obama for not bombing Al-Qaeda

https://mobile.twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/649615636088365058?lang=en

That's interesting about Gabbard, I didn't know about that tweet.

But every time I've heard her speak she's made a point about ending regime change wars. She seems consistent on that.

It would be interesting to see her challenged on that tweet to clarify her position.

As for being more right than the war-monger Hillary, I really haven't seen any evidence for that but am open to new evidence.

Just for the record, after all the contributions to this thread nobody could name a single person in the Trump campaign that was convicted of colluding/conspiring with the Russians to help Donald Trump win the last election. That's because there wasn't anybody convicted of that charge.

In some people's estimation the investigation was probably still worth it because it picked up some collateral damage along the way in the form on convictions for Trump associates not related to collusion/conspiracy.

Sadly the end result will only serve to help Trump get elected in 2020. But it was great for corporate MSM media ratings/profits so who cares, right? Now Trump just has to yell "fake news" at everyone and he'll actually kind of have a point.

I'm going to nail my flag to the post and say Trump will win in 2020 (unfortunately). The only hope for real change at this stage is Bernie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Billy Mays wrote: »

Thanks Billy Mays. Almost as good as your own Lazarus recovery. I thought you were brown bread!

I think the Russia-Russia-Russia obsession has been cause for the frying of far too many brain cells. I would be willing to donate some if it would bring someone back to reality.

Advertisement