Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming home from the uk with an iphone initially bought on contract?

• 16-11-2019 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Due to my health, and financial concerns, i have decided, that it's in my best interest to return to Ireland. The phone, i have now, i got from carphone warehouse, and in the uk, all phones they sell, are unlocked
    I have already got a vodafone ireland pay as you go number up and running, my question is, will my iphone stay unlocked?
    I have canceled my contract with vodafone uk this evening, and as i'm still only a little way into my contract, they say there will be a termination fee
    Obviously i could have managed the monthly cost over the contract period but i do not have the ETF they want. I'm just concerned that they could block my phone, and wondered if in fact, this is the case?
    Any advice appreciated
    :)

Advertisement