Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I'm the same I called before Christmas to be sure that it was 12 weeks before retest and they were adamant it was! I got a retest date for the 21st nervous now

I’m the same got it for the 28th. If you do call would you mind letting us know what they say. It’s so soon. What did ye fail on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chess98

Hi ! Is there a what's app group for the Jan intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Chess98 wrote: »

Hi just wondering did you get a position for January’s intake? From the 2019 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

There is a group, pm me if you want to get added in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chess98

Triplek wrote: »
    Hi just wondering did you get a position for January’s intake? From the 2019 campaign?

Ya from the 2019 campaign. Only got the offer yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Failed my second beep today so that’s me out. Best of luck to yas lads. Fair play to anyone that can pass that horrible test haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

Gwhizz26 wrote: »
    A hospital gown

Ok thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Failed my second beep today so that’s me out. Best of luck to yas lads. Fair play to anyone that can pass that horrible test haha

Hardluck, Had you done much training beforehand?
    I've never done a beep test but I'm not in terrible shape... at the same time it's the one bit that I'm sort of worried about.

MrMiata wrote: »
    Hardluck, Had you done much training beforehand?
    I've never done a beep test but I'm not in terrible shape... at the same time it's the one bit that I'm sort of worried about.

Yeah I’ve been training flat out it’s the only part I just couldn’t pass. Think more mental than anything. Make sure you give yourself a mock test before you head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Sorry to be asking again but once someone reaches 8.8 for the beep test for example, or any other requirement, does the test stop or does it continue to try find a higher score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Sorry to be asking again but once someone reaches 8.8 for the beep test for example, or any other requirement, does the test stop or does it continue to try find a higher score?

In the beep test the instructor stopped me once I reached my level

Aaron123 wrote: »

After level 6 they call out each level and once you hear your target number you stop

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

deenam wrote: »
    Hey there.. I’ve a similar oom as you and sent my form B back but haven’t heard anything since. Just wondering if you’ve reviewed your gp form or date for the fitness yet?

Not yet mate, they asked me to fix a few things in my form b but after that nothing so far. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Hey folks, just wondering how long it takes between returning the GP clearance form to getting the date for the PCT?

Nice one :) best of luck on it all

Uweir32 wrote: »

Sorry to hear you didn’t pass. It ain’t easy. Is the test hard? I Havnt done any physical excercise in a year I’m crapping it to be honest. Nor have I ever done a beep test 🙉

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Hey, can I ask how long after your medical you got the offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Wow that’s brilliant FairPlay. I’m from 2019 campaign and everything done too just waiting for offer. I thought Jan intake was full by now. So still a slight chance to be called then for this month

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Muidwick.7

After waiting a month for Form B i gave them a call and they said i had couments outstanding which was photo id. Ffs they could have told me sooner

Any one needs the number its 01 6662571

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Dave3345 wrote: »
    Wow that’s brilliant FairPlay. I’m from 2019 campaign and everything done too just waiting for offer. I thought Jan intake was full by now. So still a slight chance to be called then for this month

I was told at the weekend that they are struggling to fill the January intake so you might get lucky

• Advertisement

I was told at the weekend that they are struggling to fill the January intake so you might get lucky

I had my fitness yesterday and they wanted me to do medical tomorrow if I passed. That made me think they were struggling to fill it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

If you fail part or your fitness do you ring HR to arrange a retest or do they contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Jesus it must be the vetting that’s holding them back from filling it. Hopefully I’ll get a call soon would love to make the January one

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Not yet mate, they asked me to fix a few things in my form b but after that nothing so far. What about you?

They actually rang me yesterday just reconfirming something on the form B. Asked him any idea how long I’d be waiting for the fitness and said could be a month or couple of months.. couldn’t give me a guideline really.

Anyone know how long you have to appeal after your second fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Anyone else get an offer? I just got mine at 4pm, starting 20th Jan (if I can leave my job :P)

Anyone else get an offer? I just got mine at 4pm, starting 20th Jan (if I can leave my job

Well done! When had you your medical? I had mine today so holding out for an offer before friday !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

S84 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an offer? I just got mine at 4pm, starting 20th Jan (if I can leave my job

Well done! When had you your medical? I had mine today so holding out for an offer before friday !

If everything else is ready you’ll have one in the morning, that’s what happened me.

peader06 wrote: »
    S84 wrote: »

If everything else is ready you’ll have one in the morning, that’s what happened me.

Yep I'm all done now as from today so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Hi folks meeting the Super tomorrow . Any tips on what he asks u?

Advertisement