Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

The education is probably the least of their worries. I’m sorry to say it’s well known, family’s have a huge criminal background, 85% unemployed.

Think of the interview we all did, to use real life examples of when you had to…..etc / etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

Anyone heard anything on classes starting from the panel early this year or if we have to wait for the new batch to come on board ?

Can't imagine they'll hit any sort of recruitment numbers if its the latter. The HR office refuse to give any definitive answers if they know or not it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Well there's heaps of people still waiting with everything complete, surely they can fill another intake with us

That would make the most sense anyway, I read somewhere before the November class there was between 500 and 600 left at various stages on the panel.

So surely the vetting will be back on enough individuals to make up a class. I've seen stranger things though 🤣

I applied 3 years ago this April. My vetting is still outstanding and I’ve never lived abroad!

• Advertisement

same boat as yourself, my final piece of vetting has been in the Commissioner's office since June!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Howya lads, I was in the Campaign for 2019 but I dropped out on my own accord as I had gotten a promotion in work but I have decided its definitely not for me.

Do you think I would have a chance at going for the Gardai again?

Question from the Dáil last month about continuted recruitment......

""As the Deputy will be aware, public health restrictions have unavoidably impacted on intakes to the Garda College, Templemore, particularly in 2020. I am advised, however, that the College resumed intakes earlier this year and that four intakes of a total of 385 recruits have commenced training, the most recent of which was on 15 November 2021.

I am advised by the Garda authorities that the dates for the 2022 Garda recruitment competition are currently being finalised. Budget 2022 provides for the recruitment of up to 800 additional Gardaí next year as part of the unprecedented allocation of in excess of €2 billion to An Garda Síochána. ""

If 4 classes was 385 recruits, 800 in 2022 is a big ask. Would need very regular classes on the new style of training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

Has anyone got called for PCT for Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gatesaab

Are you repeating your PCT or is this your first time?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16 User2589

Anyone on here that didn’t do their PCT yet

Are you repeating it because it's out of date or because you didn't get it first time? I'm asking because it's been over a year since I did mine and nobody has been in contact with me about repeating it yet?

you don't repeat your PCT if you've passed, only your medical as it is only valid for a period of time. You do your PCT throughout your probation and training in the college when you start

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Markiemarxxx

I read online that you get €184 a week during Templemore, can you get the dole or some other subsidy to get by. If leaving one job to join the Gardai it would be difficult to pay the mortgage.

No you can not, the €184 is the only money you can get from the state to the best of my knowledge.

I can’t see any reason why you couldn’t apply again. However, the HR may not look on it as favorable coming back for a second time having dropped out once before.

Post edited by Goddard on

Repeating due to not getting it first time! If you email them they might push it on for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

Of course you will have a chance again, circumstances change for people its not frowned upon and it won't go against you. I know people that were in your position and are now in the job after reapplying. Reapply again, you know what it entails. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lking22

Anyone know how to appeal the fitness test to get another go. Hrm are no help

• Advertisement

Any update from anyone here. Any type of movement or communication from HR?

Spoke to them at the end of last week , intake planned in the very near future but no dates

smaaaallll bit of vetting outstanding as usual 😄 I finished up everything in November 2019, that was the medical, and still never got past vetting. I'm in for a different competition now i'm really interested in, it will be just my luck now that everything will clear and ill be asked to go down 😂

Thanks for the update. I can’t understand why vetting takes so long.

The new Garda uniform is terrible. The polo shirt looks like something from McDonald’s. My god.

Has anyone been told recently that their vetting has been complete? Mine seems to be stuck for the past 6 months

I called them last Thursday. “Small bit of vetting still outstanding” I’m since the 2019 campaign.

Same boat as yourself! Hopefully with the new campaign up and running they'll hurry us along

True! Not mad about the new uniform tho 😆

Has anyone been in contact with HR or have any new info as to when the next intake might be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 User2589

Could someone tell me is there 7 shuttles in stage 1 or 10?

Advertisement