Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Hi folks meeting the Super tomorrow . Any tips on what he asks u?

They will defo ask you why the guards, other then that my super just spoke about how tough templemore can be on some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

How long does the meeting last? It’s not too daunting so

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

How long does the meeting last? It’s not too daunting so

Nah I think it was about 15 mins or so. I think it's just to make sure your not a head case. You'll be grand !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alan358

Anyone else get an offer? I just got mine at 4pm, starting 20th Jan (if I can leave my job :P)

Hi just wondering what OOM you were after the interview? I've everything done since before Christmas but still waiting on an offer. Hopefully it will come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

HR gave me two weeks notice for my PCT resit. Bit crappy considering its so soon after Christmas and they stressed that I'd be waiting the 12 weeks for the resit. I've been nursing an injury over Christmas so I haven't even been out training.
    I emailed HR asking to postpone the resit until early March, which is when the 12 weeks would have originally ended, and I was told no I either take the 21st January or I'll be withdrawn from consideration.
    Would it be worth sending a doctors note or would that disqualify me also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Anyone have a number I can ring to check the status of my vetting? I have my PCT on Tuesday 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

MrDave21 wrote: »
    HR gave me two weeks notice for my PCT resit. Bit crappy considering its so soon after Christmas and they stressed that I'd be waiting the 12 weeks for the resit. I've been nursing an injury over Christmas so I haven't even been out training.
    I emailed HR asking to postpone the resit until early March, which is when the 12 weeks would have originally ended, and I was told no I either take the 21st January or I'll be withdrawn from consideration.

Very harsh that, I'm in for retest on the 21st too, just gonna have to throw the kitchen sink at it on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

Hi all. New to the thread. Had the medical this morning and passed. Doubt I'll get an offer for January at this stage but I presume March would likely be the next intake realistically?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

MrDave21 wrote: »

That’s abit much surely a doctor note or injury you would be able to defer it.
    What are you repeating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Anyone have a number I can ring to check the status of my vetting? I have my PCT on Tuesday 14th.

01 6662571

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Missed on 5 pushups passed the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Northkman88

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Missed on 5 pushups passed the rest

Is that your first or second attempt of the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

First, 2nd attempt on 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Had my medical yesterday and got an offer yesterday evening for Jan 20th. Delighted to say the least! Any WhatsApp groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

DBOOK123 wrote: »
    Had my medical yesterday and got an offer yesterday evening for Jan 20th. Delighted to say the least! Any WhatsApp groups?

Congratulations - had my medical yesterday too but no call as of yet which makes me think January is off the table. You have a notice period to negotiate with work? What was our last oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Can I ask any of yous that has gotten an offer from the 2019 campaign had any vetting to do from abroad? Just asking as I’ve a lot of vetting outside of Ireland to be carried out

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Triplek wrote: »
    Can I ask any of yous that has gotten an offer from the 2019 campaign had any vetting to do from abroad? Just asking as I’ve a lot of vetting outside of Ireland to be carried out

Yes, 12 aunts and uncles in the middle east haha thought it would have been a nightmare but it all cleared really quick.. also from 2019 campaign! Got the offer 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

sazxox wrote: »
    Yes, 12 aunts and uncles in the middle east haha thought it would have been a nightmare but it all cleared really quick.. also from 2019 campaign! Got the offer 3 weeks ago

Wow ok, this is not what I was thinking haha going by other years and vetting for them. Abit more optimistic now about the year once I pass the PCT . Thanks. All the best in Templemore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

DBOOK123 wrote: »

PM me for an invite into the group chat

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Anyone know what oom they are up to on pct? I'm 313

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Was anyone able to find the Loughborough 20 meter shuttle run - fitness assessment that they advise you to download? I have been using the BT Lite app and was just wondering if there was any difference in the Loughborough one?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Was anyone able to find the Loughborough 20 meter shuttle run - fitness assessment that they advise you to download? I have been using the BT Lite app and was just wondering if there was any difference in the Loughborough one?

I have the actual one I can send it on WhatsApp if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I have the actual one I can send it on WhatsApp if you want

I just sent you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Does anyone know when the next intake is after the January intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Dean445 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next intake is after the January intake?

Heard April. But stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

I was just wondering how everyone trained for the different components of the PCT. Mainly the beep test. I've been running consistently but still struggling to get to 8.8. Not sure if long distance runs are the best way to train for it but I'd appreciate any tips or tricks some of you may have. Also is there anything else I should be including in my workouts in order to successfully complete the other components. My pushups and sit ups are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

LB1197 wrote: »
    I was just wondering how everyone trained for the different components of the PCT. Mainly the beep test. I've been running consistently but still struggling to get to 8.8. Not sure if long distance runs are the best way to train for it but I'd appreciate any tips or tricks some of you may have. Also is there anything else I should be including in my workouts in order to successfully complete the other components. My pushups and sit ups are fine.
    I measured out the 20m in my garden and just kept practicing bleep tests. There’s one on Spotify to use and that really helped me. I started off doing 5kms to build fitness then when I got my date for bleep tests I changed over to just doing bleep tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

Got my offer Friday, is there a WhatsApp group for the 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Hi there, any get an invitation to do medical on 23rd of January? Got mine this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Hi there, any get an invitation to do medical on 23rd of January? Got mine this morning.

Roughly was oom are you? Waiting on a date for pct. Just so I can gauge it.

Advertisement