Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Hi, can anyone tell me how long between returning the GP clearance form to getting the date for the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

When did you do your fitness test?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

al1990 wrote: »
    Got my offer Friday, is there a WhatsApp group for the 20th?

When did you do your fitness test?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Dave3345 wrote: »
    I measured out the 20m in my garden and just kept practicing bleep tests. There’s one on Spotify to use and that really helped me. I started off doing 5kms to build fitness then when I got my date for bleep tests I changed over to just doing bleep tests.

Thanks I'll try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

failed push pull :(

Anyone any tips on what to do to help with this next time. I am a 5'3 female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

St.Brigids wrote: »
    failed push pull :(

Anyone any tips on what to do to help with this next time. I am a 5'3 female.

How much did you fail by? I failed too

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

AD07 wrote: »
    How much did you fail by? I failed too

Not by much, I passed everything else.

It caught me out I think. I felt like I did it fine. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Anyone else get their pct date? 4th of February at 4 o clock:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Lcass wrote: »

Ya I'm in at the same time as you ðŸ‘

Ya I'm in at the same time as you ðŸ‘

:cool: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Purple_snack

Lcass wrote: »

When did you submit your form B and what OOM are you roughly ?

Sent form b on the 19/11/19 had to make changes and sent it back on the 28/11/19. I sent my gp clearance than on 12/12/19. My oom is roughly around 460.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

Just wondering has anyone deferred their fitness test recently ? And how long were u waiting for another one after deferring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Na445 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone deferred their fitness test recently ? And how long were u waiting for another one after deferring ?

I originally had my PCT on 07/01/20 but had to defer due to illness and got a rescheduled one for 21/01/20 so only ad to wait 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

SquireD wrote: »
    I originally had my PCT on 07/01/20 but had to defer due to illness and got a rescheduled one for 21/01/20 so only ad to wait 2 weeks.

Did they tell you then when you deferred it when it would be or did you have to wait for an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

AD07 wrote: »
    Did they tell you then when you deferred it when it would be or did you have to wait for an email?

No, I just got a reply a few days later with the rescheduled date was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Hi folks got my pct date as well Tuesday 4th of February at 4pm. Do we need to bring a form about or height and weight or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

You should have been emailed a GP clearance that your local GP must sign to certify you fit and capable of undertaking the fitness test.
    Bring that with you on the day, but that's all you need on the day besides photographic ID. You'll have to fill out a form when you get to Templemore anyways, just about your age, gender and other bits and pieces to make sure you know what level you need to qualify on certain aspects of the PCT. Maybe just know your height and weight before going up there just in case?

Just wondering if anyone who was around the 450 oom has NOT got a PCT date yet? Sent 8n the form b on 12/12/19 and GP clearance form on Christmas Eve......

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Is there anyone that still hasn’t received the gp clearance form? I sent my form b on the 31st dec ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Is there anyone that still hasn’t received the gp clearance form? I sent my form b on the 31st dec ?

I only got mine last week and my form B was submitted on the 28th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

Are there many others who have completed medical and waiting for further update? Mailed HRM and they have said that my application has not yet reached completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

ba88 wrote: »
    Are there many others who have completed medical and waiting for further update? Mailed HRM and they have said that my application has not yet reached completion.

Mine is ‘active and ongoing’

Mine is ‘active and ongoing’

Nice to know I'm not the only one so. When did you have the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

ba88 wrote: »
    Nice to know I'm not the only one so. When did you have the medical?

12th of December. What about you

12th of December. What about you

Only last Thursday though I know there were others on same day who were offered start date of Monday 20th January. Looks like we may have to settle down for the wait until next intake (April hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi all, how long did people have between the bleep onto going into situps and pushups, an when doing pushups could you have your head looking down to the floor or did you have to have it looking forward. Cheers in advance! Different people seem to be saying different things, have my resit of pct 28th, failed on the pushups last time

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi all, how long did people have between the bleep onto going into situps and pushups, an when doing pushups could you have your head looking down to the floor or did you have to have it looking forward. Cheers in advance! Different people seem to be saying different things, have my resit of pct 28th, failed on the pushups last time

Was about 15/20 minute wait between bleep and the push ups/sit ups though I was only required to reach to 8.1 mark so I finished earlier than those who had to make it to the 8.8 mark.

As long as it is a well formed push up I wouldn't get too caught up in head position etc. Would have been looking down while doing them for what it's worth. Best of luck on the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Purple_snack

Larpeyton wrote: »

Same position as you

• Advertisement

Anyone here who sent in the GP clearance form and still awaiting the date for PCT

Advertisement