Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

How long of a break do u get after the obstacle course to do the push/pull? Is that machine hard? Any tips for it?
    My pct is at 4. What time would I want to be signing in for?

You go straight into it after the course. If it’s at 4 try and get to Templemore around 3.15 parking is restricted with all students in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

How long of a break do u get after the obstacle course to do the push/pull? Is that machine hard? Any tips for it?
    My pct is at 4. What time would I want to be signing in for?

It could be nonsense but I've heard the push pull suits taller people, or at least those of average height because the machine replicates chest height of an average person.
    I was told to really lean into it, people have a habit of only using their arms, so make sure to put your full body weight behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Agreed, definitely doesn't make it any easier if you are below average height, the legwork is more important that the arm work making sure you put your whole weight into it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

MrDave21 wrote: »
    HR gave me two weeks notice for my PCT resit. Bit crappy considering its so soon after Christmas and they stressed that I'd be waiting the 12 weeks for the resit. I've been nursing an injury over Christmas so I haven't even been out training.
    I emailed HR asking to postpone the resit until early March, which is when the 12 weeks would have originally ended, and I was told no I either take the 21st January or I'll be withdrawn from consideration.
    Would it be worth sending a doctors note or would that disqualify me also?

Hey just wondering did you send a doctors note or did you go ahead with the pct

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dean1108

if you havent met with the superintendent,can you ring to book an appointment to meet with them? or can you do that at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They'll contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

MrMiata wrote: »
    Nope, I just asked in the wrong thread, it was for Stage 3.
    I felt like it went well, not great but not bad either.

I'm guessing it'll be a month until I get word?
    Was waiting 2 weeks for the results but that said the week I did mine it was the bank holiday weekend so........

Just had an email from HQ. Have PCT retest next Tuesday.28th Got an email this morning saying if I pass, medical is on Thursday 30th.Seem to be moving things along very quickly. Have met sergeant about 3 weeks ago yet to hear from the superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Just had an email from HQ. Have PCT retest next Tuesday.28th Got an email this morning saying if I pass, medical is on Thursday 30th.Seem to be moving things along very quickly. Have met sergeant about 3 weeks ago yet to hear from the superintendent.

Did you meet the sergeant before your original PCT or after? I have my PCT in 2 weeks and still haven't heard from sergeant or superintendent

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

daniel1390 wrote: »

When did you do your original pct?

• Advertisement

Original pct December 17th so exactly 6 weeks after the first one,

Met sergeant after the original pct, don't think the pct corresponds with the physical, can be done at any time, usually down to the local station and how busy it is I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KC9

Recently failed the push pull machine, does anyone know who I can contact in order to receive my results for it as I didn't take in what the instructor said and need to know how much I have to come up by. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ollie Sharkey

Hi all! Did anyone that had to have there form B in by the 27th of December get any dates yet for medical or pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

KC9 wrote: »
    Recently failed the push pull machine, does anyone know who I can contact in order to receive my results for it as I didn't take in what the instructor said and need to know how much I have to come up by. Cheers

I am not sure on this. But maybe the college PE department? I also failed on this. was gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Hi all! Did anyone that had to have there form B in by the 27th of December get any dates yet for medical or pct?

Yeah I did.. PCT on the 11th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ollie Sharkey

deenam wrote: »
    Yeah I did.. PCT on the 11th Feb

Did you meet with your local yet or do have your medical done?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Awaiting date for PCT and medical - have people been given much notice for their first one?

Do they give an orientation day before PCT ? Probationary garda told me they did but they were obviously from an older recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Did you meet with your local yet or do have your medical done?

No, meeting him Sunday. Haven’t done the medical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Is 3weeks waiting for a gp form normal or am I being impatient? Just wondering why mine is taking longer than others to come back to me with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I had to submit my vetting before the 27th of December and I haven't heard anything in relation to my application since is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Triplek wrote: »
    Is 3weeks waiting for a gp form normal or am I being impatient? Just wondering why mine is taking longer than others to come back to me with it

I see a lot of posts on here looking for a definite time line of things to happen during this process.

Unfortunately, there is not one, and things happen for different people at different times. Sometimes it can be waiting for the next step to happen for only 2 days for some the to 2 months for others.

Your options are to email/call the office and ask for an update, but I believe patience is the key for this, as there’s probably a lot of people being processed behind the scenes.

For the record, I waited a good while for the GP cert too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DKGD2019

My gp clearance has to be in by 27th Jan. Still haven’t heard from sergeant or super....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MoNerney1

Hi there , can ladies do modified push up from the knees in PCT, Or is it’s a full one.?

Knees

Hi all, for pushups on the day do they allow you to look down or does head have to be looking forward, bit of a silly question but find them alot easier when looking down to the mat, and for the situps did shoulders or shoulder blades have to touch mat

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

I wouldn't worry too much about the push-ups and sit-ups. I DEFINITELY did a few questionable ones on each and nothing was said. Though it does depend on the guard watching over you as i heard from others that the one they had made sure they were done right...
    But for push-ups, looking down is fine and for situps, go back as far as you can.

Best of luck to those still to do it. I managed to pass it with a bad back and recovering from a dose of Pneumonia so try not stress too much.
    Also, Stage 1 with the beep test and sit-ups/push-ups i found way harder than the obstacle course and push pull test...

Cheers, Its only the first bit I have to repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Could anyone give an account of what the medical is like. How long approx are you in with the doctor.

Apart from the bmi can you fail it. Ya know that thing to check your lung capacity has that to be above a certain level.

At the moment my BMI is 31.3 it's going to be a struggle to get it much lower without literally starving myself.

My gp clearance form went in monday and I've no date for pct yet or had a meeting with the super.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

How did ye find the beep test?

I've never done one and I haven't played much sport in recent years.

Advertisement