Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Anyone on here have everything completed, medical and all but haven’t met their sergeant or super?

Yea, I'm in this boat

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

For the pct are you weighed or do you just tell them your weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Lcass wrote: »
    For the pct are you weighed or do you just tell them your weight?

Nope, you tell them your weight and height at the PCT as it sets the correct setup for the Push/Pull machine. The only time they weigh you is at the Medical.

SquireD wrote: »
    Nope, you tell them your weight and height at the PCT as it sets the correct setup for the Push/Pull machine. The only time they weigh you is at the Medical.

Perfect. Thank you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hi, anyone know if they actually ask for your original GP clearance form on the day of the PCT? It's been packed up with my stuff in a house move and just wondering if I need to chase it down! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Hi, anyone know if they actually ask for your original GP clearance form on the day of the PCT? It's been packed up with my stuff in a house move and just wondering if I need to chase it down! Thanks.

Yes, you have to bring the original GP Clearance Form with you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

****e. Thanks!
    Coon93 wrote: »
    Yes, you have to bring the original GP Clearance Form with you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 A1567

Has anyone contacted their local superintendent if you haven’t had a meeting with them yet? I have completed everything and waiting on this

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

A1567 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted their local superintendent if you haven’t had a meeting with them yet? I have completed everything and waiting on this

They will contact you - I wouldn't contact anyone outside of HRM at this stage. I am in the exact same boat as you - met with Sergeant and waiting on call to meet with Superintendent - also my vetting remains outstanding. Not sure what part but I think patience is a virtue with this unfortunately.

I haven’t met with sergant yet either. I suppose all I can do is wait .. thanks

• Advertisement

I haven’t met with sergant yet either. I suppose all I can do is wait .. thanks

No bother. Desperately hoping for a call up for next intake in April but I spoke to HRM about vetting times and they said that they can offer no guarantees - could be one week, one month, 6 months or 18 months (in their words).

I passed my medical on the 9th January but know of lads on this chat who are waiting on vetting to be completed from 2018 campaign. Also aware of people on 2019 campaign who got called up in January so it is a complete unknown unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Does anybody know the number for HR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Got a notification saying I've a message, but there was no message!
    I rang Public Appointments and they said it's a server error and that I should disregard that message.

The suspense is killing me

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Does anybody know the number for HR

01-6662571

MrMiata wrote: »
    Got a notification saying I've a message, but there was no message!
    I rang Public Appointments and they said it's a server error and that I should disregard that message.

The suspense is killing me

What stage are you at with your application? PAS only involved up to Interview stage so if you are past this point it will be Garda HRM who will inform you of any updates.

Suspense is also killing me by the way!

ba88 wrote: »
    What stage are you at with your application? PAS only involved up to Interview stage so if you are past this point it will be Garda HRM who will inform you of any updates.

Suspense is also killing me by the way!

Waiting for results on the interview

Waiting for results on the interview

Just found out I passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Just found out I passed!

Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Fair play, congrats.. get working for PCT now won't be long coming around

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Fair play, congrats.. get working for PCT now won't be long coming around

My OOM dropped 450 places but it's still around the 800s, wonder how long will I be waiting?

My only worry is the beep test.

• Advertisement

My OOM dropped 450 places but it's still around the 800s, wonder how long will I be waiting?

My only worry is the beep test.

Unreal. Fair play. Did my pct today. You just need to practice the beep test. Its manageable if you're fairly fit. Practice practice. Best of luck.

How did you do?

How did you do?

Passed. Happy days. :D

Fair play, any word on your medical?

Fair play, any word on your medical?

Thank you. :cool: Not as of yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

How long is the wait between sending form b and getting gp clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CF1991

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had my medical examination on 30th Jan. Had an earwax blockage that stopped me scoring well on the heading test. Doctor said I had just passed by the skin of my teeth so to be sure he would defer my application until I got another audiogram done locally. Next day I got the problem sorted and sailed through the audiogram. I sent him the results immediately but rang today as I’ve heard nothing and the occupational health centre in Garda HQ said they received the results but then doctor wouldn’t be reviewing it until the next batch of applicants arrive. I was hoping that this wouldn’t majorly del at my application and that I could be in Templemore in April. You guys know when the next batch of applicants will be seen for a medical?

What is the email for HRM, to make an enquiry?

CF1991 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had my medical examination on 30th Jan. Had an earwax blockage that stopped me scoring well on the heading test. Doctor said I had just passed by the skin of my teeth so to be sure he would defer my application until I got another audiogram done locally. Next day I got the problem sorted and sailed through the audiogram. I sent him the results immediately but rang today as I’ve heard nothing and the occupational health centre in Garda HQ said they received the results but then doctor wouldn’t be reviewing it until the next batch of applicants arrive. I was hoping that this wouldn’t majorly del at my application and that I could be in Templemore in April. You guys know when the next batch of applicants will be seen for a medical?

Haven't a notion I'm afraid - sounds like you were really unlucky on that. Surely if you passed, there shouldn't be an issue. I got the sense that medicals were taking place quite frequently over the past few weeks but not sure what the situation is like now.

You from the 2019 campaign? I passed medical 9th January but my vetting is still not yet completed and could take a week or it could take months so there may be more waiting in store once you get this sorted out.

• Advertisement

What is the email for HRM, to make an enquiry?

appointments@garda.ie

Advertisement