Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

I’ve passed everything as of January 28th and still have vetting to come through. Anyone know if appointments tell you when you’re vetting is through eg- phone or email? Or are you just left in the dark until you receive an offer? Thanks!

Think your left in the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

I’ve passed everything as of January 28th and still have vetting to come through. Anyone know if appointments tell you when you’re vetting is through eg- phone or email? Or are you just left in the dark until you receive an offer? Thanks!

Yeah left in the dark I think - I spoke to them and they said it could be a week, a month or 18 months or something to that effect.

Have you met with Super yet?

ba88 wrote: »
    Yeah left in the dark I think - I spoke to them and they said it could be a week, a month or 18 months or something to that effect.

Have you met with Super yet?

Yeah I met the Super the week before my Medical. Thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement

Yeah I met the Super the week before my Medical. Thanks for the reply!

No bother. I have met with Sergeant but not with the Super as of yet. Fairly frustrating when you have no idea where you're at - taking some amount of patience at the moment. Hoping for an April call up but think it may be ambitious at this stage.

What was your last OOM?

No bother. I have met with Sergeant but not with the Super as of yet. Fairly frustrating when you have no idea where you're at - taking some amount of patience at the moment. Hoping for an April call up but think it may be ambitious at this stage.

What was your last OOM?

Yeah it really takes all your patience but at the end of the day it’s just a waiting game. It’s going to take as long as it’s going to take. My OOM Is 468 what’s yours out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caoimhe1234

Just got my result for my interview yesterday I passed :) does anyone know roughly how long do we have to wait to be called for the physical ?

Yeah it really takes all your patience but at the end of the day it’s just a waiting game. It’s going to take as long as it’s going to take. My OOM Is 468 what’s yours out of curiosity?

186 - fingers crossed for us for April. Will be 32 in May so realistically only so long I can put everything on hold for

Just got my result for my interview yesterday I passed :) does anyone know roughly how long do we have to wait to be called for the physical ?

Congratulations. You will be asked to complete vetting forms first off. Once they go you need to get clearance from your GP to take the PCT. And then invite to the PCT itself.

I got my interview result in early October and it was mid December by the time I had the PCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Here lad we have the same oom. We may have to fight.

Lcass wrote: »
    Here lad we have the same oom. We may have to fight.

Your OOM from the interview is 468 yeah? Ah now now use your brain not your fists. Haha

Your OOM from the interview is 468 yeah? Ah now now use your brain not your fists. Haha

Ya haha. I dont like sharing.:D:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Passed the PCT on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea on when they will start calling for medical?

Passed the PCT on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea on when they will start calling for medical?

Congratulations. I passed PCT on the 17th December and had my Medical on the 9th January so shouldn't be too much of a wait though there was an intake in January which they were pushing to get numbers for in and around that time so not sure if that had any impact.

Passed physical on 28th January after failing first time on 17th December, had medical 2 days after the repeat on Thursday 30th January so seems to vary from person to person, you will have within the next month id say

• Registered Users Posts: 5 A1567

I know a a friend of mine had a similar situation, he passed he’s medical last September but had to go see a doctor at his local. He’s still waiting for it to be reviewed to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

What do I do after I send my form b? Sent it Tuesday

What do I do after I send my form b? Sent it Tuesday

Wait for HRM to contact you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I got word I passed my interview a few days earlier.

During the campaign I was told we don't get the form B until we've been moved over to AGS from Public Jobs.

I'm guessing I have a fitness test on the way and a medical soon after.
    Can I expect to get a form B before then?
    Will they go ahead with the other assessments or do I have to wait for my form B to clear?

• Advertisement

MrMiata wrote: »
    I got word I passed my interview a few days earlier.

During the campaign I was told we don't get the form B until we've been moved over to AGS from Public Jobs.

I'm guessing I have a fitness test on the way and a medical soon after.
    Can I expect to get a form B before then?
    Will they go ahead with the other assessments or do I have to wait for my form B to clear?

That's right. The interview is the final stage managed by PAS so once you pass that, PAS refer you onto Garda HRM who you will be dealing with directly from here on in.

The first contact you have with Garda HRM will be them issuing you with the Form B. They will press ahead with other assessments - I like many others have passed PCT and Medical but vetting is still outstanding. No info provided on how long the vetting process takes - different for everyone.

That's right. The interview is the final stage managed by PAS so once you pass that, PAS refer you onto Garda HRM who you will be dealing with directly from here on in.

The first contact you have with Garda HRM will be them issuing you with the Form B. They will press ahead with other assessments - I like many others have passed PCT and Medical but vetting is still outstanding. No info provided on how long the vetting process takes - different for everyone.

That's great thanks a mill!

What's the usual wait time for the PCT? I'm guessing it's right around a month?

That's great thanks a mill!

What's the usual wait time for the PCT? I'm guessing it's right around a month?

I passed the interview in early October, submitted the form B on the 23rd October. My PCT was the 17th December and my medical was the 9th January so over 3 months for me.

You will need to be signed off fit by your GP to undertake the PCT which adds another layer in.

My advice would be to get used to being patient.

I passed the interview in early October, submitted the form B on the 23rd October. My PCT was the 17th December and my medical was the 9th January so over 3 months for me.

You will need to be signed off fit by your GP to undertake the PCT which adds another layer in.

My advice would be to get used to being patient.

You won't hear me complaining I could use the time to work on my Beep test results!
    Thanks again

You won't hear me complaining I could use the time to work on my Beep test results!
    Thanks again

No bother at all. If you're at a decent standard of fitness you'll be just grand.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Hey guys.. anyone know if you’re given a warning if you fall behind slightly with the beeps on the shuttle run? Or if you fall behind and don’t reach that mark before the beep are you out straight away? Or how does it work? I’ve my physical Tuesday, I’m getting the level needed just about but finding it hard keeping up with the beeps towards the end

If you miss one beep, you have to make the one straight after it, or else you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

If you miss one beep, you have to make the one straight after it, or else you are out.

Thank you!

deenam wrote: »
    Thank you!

No problem. Best of luck. :D

• Advertisement

No problem. Best of luck. :D

I've heard some lads say you don't bother touching the line if you miss the beep, just that when they say you've missed it you turn around go again.. that can't be right.

Advertisement