Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

MrMiata wrote: »
    I've heard some lads say you don't bother touching the line if you miss the beep, just that when they say you've missed it you turn around go again.. that can't be right.

Nah that's nonsense. Ye wont be missing any beeps anyway. Ye be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Any idea how long (roughly) until you would get a date for retest? Failed the beep test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Nel26 wrote: »
    Any idea how long (roughly) until you would get a date for retest? Failed the beep test

They say 12 weeks but some people have been called back before that. Just make a note of when the 12 weeks are up though. I failed the push/pull and didn’t hear anything about a retest so I emailed HRM on week 12 asking about it and got a retest date within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

Would anybody be able to PM a link to audio thats used for the bleep test? Have my PCT soon and would like to see where i'm at! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

If you message me there I can send it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I was called back after 6 weeks. Originally failed 17th December, called back 28th January for retest

Coon93 wrote: »
    They say 12 weeks but some people have been called back before that. Just make a note of when the 12 weeks are up though. I failed the push/pull and didn’t hear anything about a retest so I emailed HRM on week 12 asking about it and got a retest date within a few minutes.

Brilliant thank you for getting back :) hopefully they won’t forget me

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Nel26 wrote: »

Did you fail by much.

I've to get to level 8.1 and I'm struggling.

I hear some people saying level 8 is achievable even with an average level of fitness but I think it's very tough. I see the English police force requires just 5.1 for a pass in their fitness test.

If the gardai are struggling to get the numbers they say they are, I think the beep test should be revised to a lower level and then maybe after entry increased to a higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Can I ask how long in minutes the bleep test is?
    And is is 20 meters in length?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Did you fail by much.

What I did when I was practicing was I stepped out 15 meters and got to 8.1 and when I was comfortable with that after a few days I went to 16 meters and continued like that until I got to the 20 meters. I was fine on the day. I was struggling at the start with the beep test also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

How long roughly does the shuttle run last for if you have to achieve 8.8?

9 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

To anyone from 2019 campiagn still waiting for vetting to be complete, I got a call to clear up one or two little things and was told that that's my vetting now finished. So not so much panic after all, it's all happening behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

I do. it is at 4pm. I am from Newbridge, Co. Kildare. What about you guys?

From kilcullen near Newbridge mine is at 4 aswell

Hi everyone, just wondering how long the pct takes, mine is at 4 on Tuesday.. Wondering if I'll be done by 7 or does it go on for longer than that??

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wondering how long the pct takes, mine is at 4 on Tuesday.. Wondering if I'll be done by 7 or does it go on for longer than that??

It’ll probably be longer than that. You’ll spend the first 20-30 minutes filling in a form/being told what will happen. It takes about an hour or so for the first stage to be completed and then there is a two hour wait before the second stage can start. They call people at random for the second stage then so you could be waiting for another while. Honesty it’s a long enough evening as you spend most of it just waiting for something to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Passed the pct last Tuesday. Has anyone been called for the medical yet? What happens on the day of the medical? Will it take long ?

Did you fail by much.

I hear some people saying level 8 is achievable even with an average level of fitness but I think it's very tough. I see the English police force requires just 5.1 for a pass in their fitness test.

If the gardai are struggling to get the numbers they say they are, I think the beep test should be revised to a lower level and then maybe after entry increased to a higher level.

I only failed by 3 runs I had a bit of a panic and had to stop because I thought I’d get sick! Just need to practice it a bit more

It’ll probably be longer than that. You’ll spend the first 20-30 minutes filling in a form/being told what will happen. It takes about an hour or so for the first stage to be completed and then there is a two hour wait before the second stage can start. They call people at random for the second stage then so you could be waiting for another while. Honesty it’s a long enough evening as you spend most of it just waiting for something to happen.

Ah right yeah that's a long day alright! Thanks!

For stages 1-3 we have all been informed by email as to dates and location of the tests.

Does this continue for the PCT, or are the dates for PCT confirmed by phone etc. now that it has been passed to Garda HQ. ?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Goddard wrote: »
    For stages 1-3 we have all been informed by email as to dates and location of the tests.

Does this continue for the PCT, or are the dates for PCT confirmed by phone etc. now that it has been passed to Garda HQ. ?

Thank you

They'll send you an email with the date and time of your PCT test and they'll ask you to confirm by email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

They'll send you an email with the date and time of your PCT test and they'll ask you to confirm by email :)

I got word last Tuesday that I passed my interview but haven’t heard from them since, was this the same for most people?

Thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Passed the pct last Tuesday. Has anyone been called for the medical yet? What happens on the day of the medical? Will it take long ?

It shouldn’t take long, you sign in,Do a urine sample, they check your weight, height, lung capacity & hearing, then you wait for the doctor to check your eyesight & body movements. My longest wait was for the doctor. Best of luck.

MrMiata wrote: »
    I got word last Tuesday that I passed my interview but haven’t heard from them since, was this the same for most people?

As far as I remember there were a couple of weeks between when I got the interview results and an email containing the Form B.

Was there about 2.5 hours, hope this helps! 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

As far as I remember there were a couple of weeks between when I got the interview results and an email containing the Form B.

Great thank you, did you have your PCT between then or was it a case of getting the form B and then the PCT?

Tmac35 wrote: »
    It shouldn’t take long, you sign in,Do a urine sample, they check your weight, height, lung capacity & hearing, then you wait for the doctor to check your eyesight & body movements. My longest wait was for the doctor. Best of luck.

How long did it take?

I was there just under 3 hrs

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    I was there just under 3 hrs

Are they strict on passing you? If BMI is under 30 , is that ok

Advertisement