Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Yes you can be failed on hearing /eyesight

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

MoNerney1 wrote: »
    Cheers , thanks for that. If you have any suggestions how to train for push/pull. My strength wasn’t strong enough but the beeps were grand. Any particular machine in the gym t b using that would b great. need to work on my upper body strength anyways.

Ask if there is an assault bike in the gym, I felt they were quite similar when I done my pct, then maybe superset sprinting on the bike for 20 seconds with another exercise like air squats or ball slams.
    Hope this helps ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Hi guys, have a strange one for you, I applied for the guards in 2017, I passed interview and medical, went for the fitness test and failed on the beep, referred my physical, heard nothing back, haven't heard anything since.
    Today I got a call from a Sargent to meet him tomorrow as it is part of the process.

So my question is, is he calling me now because my security clearance might only be back? Do you only meet the Sargent when your clearance comes back does anyone know? thanks in advance for your help.

Clearance doesn't start until you meet the sergeant. Sergeant will do local checks then you will meet super and file will be sent back for further vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Clearance doesn't start until you meet the sergeant. Sergeant will do local checks then you will meet super and file will be sent back for further vetting

Thanks a million, so strange that 3 years later they have contacted me, and said that it only landed on his desk. I'll see how it goes! Thanks anyway I'll go and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 A1567

Just wondering, is there anyone else on here from 2019 campaign, who has completed everything still waiting to meet the superintendent and sergeant?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Probably all of us 😂😂

I've met both😂 but alot haven't apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MoNerney1

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Ask if there is an assault bike in the gym, I felt they were quite similar when I done my pct, then maybe superset sprinting on the bike for 20 seconds with another exercise like air squats or ball slams.
    Hope this helps ðŸ˜

Cheers thanks a million 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

If you defer your pct and fail the test on your deferred date do you get a retest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

for anyone that has done the bleep test already. Is it between 2 cones or is there a line that you have to cross each time. I watched a video the last day on youtube about ways to pass the bleep test and one way that was suggested is to just get one foot over the line and turn as oppose to crossing the line each time and turning which would slow you down as the shuttles increase.

I'm wondering is this allowed on the day and also when you reach your target are expected to just keep running until you cant keep going or do you stop once you reach the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

A1567 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is there anyone else on here from 2019 campaign, who has completed everything still waiting to meet the superintendent and sergeant?

I am in the same boat. I have everything else done. Was hoping that maybe I would be in the April intake but that's looking very unlikely now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

for anyone that has done the bleep test already. Is it between 2 cones or is there a line that you have to cross each time. I watched a video the last day on youtube about ways to pass the bleep test and one way that was suggested is to just get one foot over the line and turn as oppose to crossing the line each time and turning which would slow you down as the shuttles increase.

I'm wondering is this allowed on the day and also when you reach your target are expected to just keep running until you cant keep going or do you stop once you reach the target.

You just have to touch the line before the beep, no need to cross it. They will tell you to stop when you reach your required level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

How long was it between passing the interview and getting word from the Guards?

I passed 10 days ago and haven't heard a peep.

There will be about 7 others running in adjacent lanes so you will have to touch the line marked out. You're right though. A touch and go with one foot is the best option and they give this advice on the day.

Why do you say that? I'm quietly optimistic!
    I am in the same boat. I have everything else done. Was hoping that maybe I would be in the April intake but that's looking very unlikely now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

MrMiata wrote: »
    How long was it between passing the interview and getting word from the Guards?

I passed 10 days ago and haven't heard a peep.

I think it was about 2/3 weeks after the interview results that I got the email with Form B

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Why do you say that? I'm quietly optimistic!

Just from talking to a lot of people they have met with Sargeant and super before their PCT which I imagine means their vetting is further along than mine

Ah fe*k. I have like 15 addresses in 3 different countries but was still thinking cos I was called for the sergeant meeting, PCT and medical all within the space of 3 weeks, it would work out. Ready to go now like!
    Just from talking to a lot of people they have met with Sargeant and super before their PCT which I imagine means their vetting is further along than mine

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

A1567 wrote: »

Met both the sergeant and the superintendent BEFORE the PCT.......bout 2 weeks or so between the meetings and the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Hi lads would anyone be able to enlighten me on the eye test for the medical please. Are you just asked to read from the typical snellen chart with the big letter on top and work your way down or is there various power points flicked through. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

GavK wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much notice you have to give if you want to defer your PCT ? I am due to do mine next Tuesday the 18th at 4pm but pulled my hamstring playing hurling last weekend so not sure if i'll be able to do it.

Did you defer the pct I’m in the same boat as you??

First asked to read a chart then given a page to hold away an arms distance and read a tiny paragraph, then you will put your eyes into a machine and will be asked how many circles etc, what numbers do you see, its fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

daniel1390 wrote: »
    First asked to read a chart then given a page to hold away an arms distance and read a tiny paragraph, then you will put your eyes into a machine and will be asked how many circles etc, what numbers do you see, its fairly straightforward.

Appreciate that thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Coon93 wrote: »
    I think it was about 2/3 weeks after the interview results that I got the email with Form B

Thank you, I just got the email today!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Did anybody else notice when filling out the Form B application that some parts are hard to fill in? Also some of the answers default to caps. Such as nationality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Hi folks can anyone tell me the process of the hearing test? Have u 2 buzzers one on your right and one on your left hand? And u buzz whichever side U hear from?

Just one button you wear a pair of headphones and hit the button when you hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Did you defer the pct I’m in the same boat as you??[/quote

I haven’t, I’m still in two minds what to do. Going to wait til Monday and see if I’ll be fit for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Did anyone have to get 8.8 in the beep test and find it okay? I failed mine but passed everything else. I heard there will be a repeat in approx six weeks but really dont know if I'm going to be able to score that high. Feels a bit disheartening because I've done all the hard work and this test is letting me down.

Advertisement