Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Emailed HR to ask about vetting, got the response "awaiting final decision by senior management", does this mean vetting is done for anyone who has been through the process. TIA.

Yeh I would take it the vetting is complete and waiting for the commissioners office approval. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Have the medical tomorrow . Do we need to bring anything with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Nope just yourself, bring some id, you will be asked to show it at the gate of H

Do they ask about giving ur gp name ? Coz my gp has Retired and I’m goin to a new one now. But haven’t gone there Much. My old gp will have more on file about me. Which one should I give?

Ye they ask for name and number. Tbh dont think they follow up with gp unless you disclose a medical problem etc. I'd put your current one down

• Advertisement

Ye they ask for name and number. Tbh dont think they follow up with gp unless you disclose a medical problem etc. I'd put your current one down

Ya my current one signed off For my gp form before the pct , So I may as well use him

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Has any one gotten their retest date but injured themselves before it and had to deferr?! Is that possible :(

Only with a gp cert, and they will want another recovery one aswell when you are fít to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

Got a call yesterday evening to arrange meeting with local Superintendent for next week.

The line was quite poor and the cal took me by surprise but was certain that the person I spoke to mentioned that she sent me an email about it but have trawled through spam folders and no sign.

Did anyone get a mail about meeting the Superintendent or was it just a call out of the blue?

Just a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

Just a call

Grand - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Brown or black shoes for the interview??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I wore brown shoes, navy suit and a light blue tie, I passed.

Match the belt and shoes (same colour, same shade), darker brown or black would probably suit best - looks more formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Please don't spend loads of money on matching shoes and belt etc. No disrespect to the last poster but it's completely unnecessary. Brown or black shoes are fine, no jeans. Just make sure you look smart and presentable, have a strong handshake, hold your head up and be sure and assertive in your answers. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Hi guys, just wondering what I should wear to the medical, is it formal like a suit or would jeans and a hoody be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering what I should wear to the medical, is it formal like a suit or would jeans and a hoody be okay?

Jean's and hoody is fine, wear what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hardly any need for a piss take?
    Aaron123 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Lcass wrote: »
    Jean's and hoody is fine, wear what you like.

Ah grand thanks 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

When should you get word of a time and date for the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

When should you get word of a time and date for the medical.

I got mine two days after the PCT

• Advertisement

deenam wrote: »
    I got mine two days after the PCT

Hopefully it comes today so

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Any update on when the next intake will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Any update on when the next intake will be?

Class 192 are passing out on Friday so hopefully will get phone calls soon

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

I recently passed PCT. Medical is next week, I am 5'11 and weight 16 stone 2 pounds. Anyone find fasting before the medical to help reduce BMI? Looking like it's gonna be my only option if i'm to pass out before next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 loadof questions

passed the PCT and past the medical yesterday but not heard a word from local Super or Sergeant, should i have heard from them first

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

papster97 wrote: »
    I recently passed PCT. Medical is next week, I am 5'11 and weight 16 stone 2 pounds. Anyone find fasting before the medical to help reduce BMI? Looking like it's gonna be my only option if i'm to pass out before next week.

I'm almost the same weight as you, just few inches shorter. How did you train for the beep test? I'm struggling with that alot. Thanks for any advice.

I'm almost the same weight as you, just few inches shorter. How did you train for the beep test? I'm struggling with that alot. Thanks for any advice.

The beep test is on spotify so you can get it there. As someone else said on this thread. Start with a distance of 17 metres apart then move it to 18 and so on until you can do 20m comfortably.

On the day its not as bad as it seems. It goes quick and with the adrenaline going once ya get started you'll fly through it. What level do you need to get to

papster97 wrote: »

You should try cutting carbs and doing keto for a few days to lose water weight.

Theres also a diet called the 3 day military diet. I've never done it but its supposed to be good at shedding weight quick. Its extreme and you'll put it back on after you stop but it might be an option to get over the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

passed the PCT and past the medical yesterday but not heard a word from local Super or Sergeant, should i have heard from them first

Nah, don't get too worried about that, it really does depend on person to person. I passed my PCT and Medical back in early December and didn't get a call to the Super until the first week in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

The beep test is on spotify so you can get it there. As someone else said on this thread. Start with a distance of 17 metres apart then move it to 18 and so on until you can do 20m comfortably.

On the day its not as bad as it seems. It goes quick and with the adrenaline going once ya get started you'll fly through it. What level do you need to get to

I need to get 8.1, which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm getting to around 7 atm, but will try do it your way with reducing distance a bit.

Advertisement