Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

I need to get 8.1, which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm getting to around 7 atm, but will try do it your way with reducing distance a bit.

What kind of terrain are you training on. If you can make it to 7 on a road or grass then the hall will be no problem. Another thing I found helped is time the test to 8.1. It takes 7 minutes 31 seconds to get to 8.1 so if you can run non stop for 4 or 5 minutes then you will be fine. You dont need to sprint but just at a good jogging pace for 4 or 5 mins than you will be grand on the day. You wont feel getting up a few levels and before you know it you will be hearing level 7 and you wont be quitting when you can see how close you are to 8.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

For anyone that called for a medical was it short enough notice? Did ye pull a sick one to get it off

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Any update on when the next intake will be?

Heard whispers of either April or sometime in the summer? Not sure if others have a better idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Dent67 wrote: »
    For anyone that called for a medical was it short enough notice? Did ye pull a sick one to get it off

I got a weeks notice for the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Dent67 wrote: »

I was given 3 days notice. Had pct 28th Jan, had an email 27th saying if I passed fitness medical was 30th jan

• Advertisement

Anyone else hear rumours about next intake...

Coon93 wrote: »
    I got a weeks notice for the medical
    Thanks for that :)

daniel1390 wrote: »
    I was given 3 days notice. Had pct 28th Jan, had an email 27th saying if I passed fitness medical was 30th jan
    Cheers, slightly tricky with work if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I have my medical next week and my BMI is 28. Does it have to be under 25 ?

Under 30 is a pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

GavK wrote: »
    I have my medical next week and my BMI is 28. Does it have to be under 25 ?

I think if it’s under 30 and there’s no other issues, you’ll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

Hey, I know there is a lot on here about vetting but - I have lived abroad (Oz and Canada), relatives who are living abroad also. I have everything done and completed medical in Jan. Now waiting on my vetting to come through(Submitted in Oct) I have emailed HR twice and they say its still "active and ongoing". I am concerned it will take months or even over a year due to living abroad.

Anyone in a similar situation or shed any light on how long it might take? I've heard they have streamlined the process but really hope I'm not in for a long wait :/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

ooob15 wrote: »
    Hey, I know there is a lot on here about vetting but - I have lived abroad (Oz and Canada), relatives who are living abroad also. I have everything done and completed medical in Jan. Now waiting on my vetting to come through(Submitted in Oct) I have emailed HR twice and they say its still "active and ongoing". I am concerned it will take months or even over a year due to living abroad.

Anyone in a similar situation or shed any light on how long it might take? I've heard they have streamlined the process but really hope I'm not in for a long wait :/

yes i lived in america for a year have my Medical and fitness test done over a year ago and still waiting on my vetting

ddylan wrote: »
    yes i lived in america for a year have my Medical and fitness test done over a year ago and still waiting on my vetting

When you were emailing ht were you getting the response "active and ongoing"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sp1234

Just got the invite for induction week on April 20th!

Just got offer aswell, 2019 campaign oom 200s

Anyone setting up a WhatsApp group

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

That’s brilliant please god I hear something for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Any of the 2018 people get offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Anyone setting up a WhatsApp group

Congratulations well deserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Any of the 2018 people get offers?

Nope, please God we will.....

When they say vetting is outstanding does that mean they haven't even looked into it yet compared to active and ongoing.

I rang appointments today to see about my medical and got told I still have some vetting outstanding and that the medical could be a few weeks yet.

I'm from the 2019 campaign. I have met the sgt and super and have the fitness done but haven't even got a date for the medical yet.

Well done to anyone who got offers today. Ye made it and its well deserved.

I would take it that they havent started other checks, I emailed last week and was told it was active and ongoing, emailed yesterday and was told my file is awaiting final decision and had an offer this evening at 17 30, I'm 2019 campaign oom 250s from what I see many haven't got an offer yet. Its unusual for them to give 2 months notice so still plenty of time

I would take it that they havent started other checks, I emailed last week and was told it was active and ongoing, emailed yesterday and was told my file is awaiting final decision and had an offer this evening at 17 30, I'm 2019 campaign oom 250s from what I see many haven't got an offer yet. Its unusual for them to give 2 months notice so still plenty of time

Thanks my oom was 538. I just hope I'm.not waiting to long for the medical. I've a holiday booked to the uk in two weeks time for 10 days so worst case I might have to fly home for the medical for a day or something but it's just the guessing and the waiting that is killer.

Congrats on the offer as well. The hard part is over now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I'm 2019 Campaign, OOM 121 and ... 'ongoing'.

My sister was the 2018 campaign, she started training earlier this year - we're identical twins, we worked in the same place from when we were sixteen up until five years ago when I started in the place where I am now - 99% of the people we know are the same people.

We literally handed in the exact same Form B, and mine is still ongoing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Can anyone tell me, for your gp clearance form, if you can just get it stamped without seeing a doctor by your practice

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Darren0999

For anyone worried about the Medical, I want to share my experience.

Its starts off with filling out some paperwork and you need to fill a cup for the urine test.. Then a nurse will call you into a room and conduct Weight, Height, Blood Pressure and Hearing Test.You will then return to the waiting area to be called by a doctor. He will have you're details and will ask you a few questions. He will then carry out an eye test!

Unfortunately I passed everything but failed on vision! Honestly didn't think my vision was that bad as I wear Glasses and Contacts and my prescription is only - 2!

In the end I did not fail but my application is deffered! I now have 6 Months to correct my Vision if I want to go forward.. Absolutely gutted as it was the last hurdle and wasn't expecting it. Hoped to be called in April :(

Now have to come up with crazy money for laser correction!

Also by the way Congrats to everyone that got an Offer, Well deserved as its a long process!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Anyone waiting on offers, lads I got literally four days' notice so it's never too late. HRM usually send them out in waves every Friday at first, then any day of the week as the induction gets closer - I got mine on a Wednesday just before 4pm.

Also, bear in mind that the 20th April is only 'induction', the training might not officially begin until May.
    I was in for induction on the 20th of January. There was an induction week before mine and one run afterwards, so three separate induction weeks.
    Hold out lads, still plenty of time. :)

• Advertisement

Triplek wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, for your gp clearance form, if you can just get it stamped without seeing a doctor by your practice
    Hey I went to the Gp, I had asked about stamping the form but they said no. they told me this happens often to be signed off, so he wanted to see me, checked my bp, listened to my chest got me bend over touch my toes, bend to the side. Checked my neck and back! The he stamped it! Handy € ;)

Advertisement