Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Congrats to those who got offers 😀

Just curious how they made contact? Was it by phone or email and was there an option to defer it if needed?

Also, did anyone happen to get an offer without meeting the local Sergeant or Super?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sp1234

Start date for training is may 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

They email you. Regarding defering email says that if you cannot accept the above date that there is no guarantee of another offer. Meeting sergeant and super is part of the process so vetting hasent commenced unless you have met them

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cherrywoodgirl

Hi all

I'm looking to apply this year, from the timeline shown online it says stage 4 is in August/September.
    I was looking to go travelling for 3 months after it was done from Oct to xmas but from looking at other posts on here it seems some people were still being called for tests in November December.
    Can anyone shed some light on how this works ?

Thanks a mill,

Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Hi all

I'm looking to apply this year, from the timeline shown online it says stage 4 is in August/September.
    I was looking to go travelling for 3 months after it was done from Oct to xmas but from looking at other posts on here it seems some people were still being called for tests in November December.
    Can anyone shed some light on how this works ?

Thanks a mill,

Laura

The timeline was pretty much the same for 2019. They call people in batches, where you are placed on the Order of Merit(OOM) also plays a part in this. Your OOM will go up/down after completing every stage.
    For example after stage 1 my OOM was in the 880s so I was in the first batch to be called for stage 2, after which my OOM was in the 10s. I had the stage 3 interview in August, OOM in 110s. In September they sent out Form B which you have a couple of weeks to fill in. In October they sent the GP Clearance Form. Had the PCT then in November (If you fail the PCT you are looking at a retest anywhere from 6-12 weeks later). Then a week or two after is the medical. You will also have to meet a local Superintendent/Sergeant at some stage after sending back Form B and they don’t really give you much notice of that. I got a call on a Monday evening, said I had the PCT on the Tuesday and was told to be in the station at 9am on the Wednesday.
    I hope this was helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Darren0999 wrote: »
    For anyone worried about the Medical, I want to share my experience.

Its starts off with filling out some paperwork and you need to fill a cup for the urine test.. Then a nurse will call you into a room and conduct Weight, Height, Blood Pressure and Hearing Test.You will then return to the waiting area to be called by a doctor. He will have you're details and will ask you a few questions. He will then carry out an eye test!

Unfortunately I passed everything but failed on vision! Honestly didn't think my vision was that bad as I wear Glasses and Contacts and my prescription is only - 2!

In the end I did not fail but my application is deffered! I now have 6 Months to correct my Vision if I want to go forward.. Absolutely gutted as it was the last hurdle and wasn't expecting it. Hoped to be called in April :(

Now have to come up with crazy money for laser correction!

Also by the way Congrats to everyone that got an Offer, Well deserved as its a long process!

Hi was just wondering are they very strict on the eye test as I need to wear either glasses or contact lenses everyday, so I’m worried about failing this test now is well? My vision would be plus tho and not minus? And do they tell you there and then at the medical if you past or failed or are you left waiting for an answer?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

If I am 5’11 and male what would the passing weight in stone/lbs be for BMI? Worried that I will fail on it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

At the medical if you had a routine operation when your were in your teens are you asked any questions about it. I had my appendix removed when I was 16 which would be 14 years ago now. There was no complications after it or anything like that but I wonder would the doctor require my medical records because of it.

Can you obtain your own records off your doctor or is that possible. If it was likely I needed them I'd rather get them and being them myself than rely on appointments to deal with it because I'm sure that would be yet another delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrisb13

At 5ft 11in you would need to weigh 15st 6 pound to have a BMI of 29.9 which would pass you.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

For the medical guys do you just bring your doctors contact details?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

At the medical if you had a routine operation when your were in your teens are you asked any questions about it. I had my appendix removed when I was 16 which would be 14 years ago now. There was no complications after it or anything like that but I wonder would the doctor require my medical records because of it.

Can you obtain your own records off your doctor or is that possible. If it was likely I needed them I'd rather get them and being them myself than rely on appointments to deal with it because I'm sure that would be yet another delay.

Don't worry about that at all - I had mine out when I was 12(ish) and I had complications - operation got delayed and my appendix ruptured, so I was in hospital for a while afterwards because of it.

The doc at the medical is only interested in recent operations or medical issues (ie: any in the last few years) if it happened 14 years ago, you can mention it but he'll just wave it off like he did with me :)
    Larpeyton wrote: »
    For the medical guys do you just bring your doctors contact details?

Yup - be prepared and don't be like me and the guys with me were that day, googling our doc's contact number while we were sitting in the hall waiting to be called into the nurse :D

Don't worry about that at all - I had mine out when I was 12(ish) and I had complications - operation got delayed and my appendix ruptured, so I was in hospital for a while afterwards because of it.

The doc at the medical is only interested in recent operations or medical issues (ie: any in the last few years) if it happened 14 years ago, you can mention it but he'll just wave it off like he did with me :)

Yup - be prepared and don't be like me and the guys with me were that day, googling our doc's contact number while we were sitting in the hall waiting to be called into the nurse :D

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for that. Do they need your doctors contact details for medical records. I swapped doctors about 18 months ago so would I need both sets of details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Hey does anyone have the number for garda HR I just need to ask about the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Anyone else receiving offers?

Dent67 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone have the number for garda HR I just need to ask about the medical

01 666 2571

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Anyone else receiving offers?

No offers here and im from 2018 . Completed stage 4 sept 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Jake5991 wrote: »
    No offers here and im from 2018 . Completed stage 4 sept 2019

Where you told your vetting was completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ceejsim

Got an offer via email for induction on 20th April last Friday. I am from the 2019 campaign OOM in the 100s

ddylan wrote: »
    Where you told your vetting was completed?

I rang them a month ago and was told vetting was still outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

I was told my vetting is still ongoing and that there has been some developments. Anyone else had this response? Makes me think I won’t be in with the next intake

I just rang recruitment there my vetting is still outstanding so id say im probably not going to get this intake either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

I rang them a month ago and was told vetting was still outstanding.

okay you are still at stage 4 so vetting is part of stage 4

ddylan wrote: »
    okay you are still at stage 4 so vetting is part of stage 4

Ye i know that its a load of balls now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kate1895

What’s the best email to get info on your vetting ?

I just rang recruitment there my vetting is still outstanding so id say im probably not going to get this intake either.

There seems to be a huge number from previous campaigns with vetting outstanding.. it’s near impossible to figure out when you could get an offer. Very frustrating

deenam wrote: »
    I was told my vetting is still ongoing and that there has been some developments. Anyone else had this response? Makes me think I won’t be in with the next intake

What does that mean, developments. Doesn't sound good

What does that mean, developments. Doesn't sound good

I think he just means it’s in process but I really haven’t a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dylan1996

Just wondering is there people from 2016 2017 campaigns still waiting on offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Finally met my sergeant yesterday, just to meet the superintendent now. I’d say April is out of reach now it’ll be more than likely be July now. I hope ��

Advertisement