Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I had medical same day as yourself and got an offer last Friday, oom was 200s

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

And is there a chance that they wont get in at this stage ? Why wont they just put people out of their misery

Dont know why they dont just finish off the older campaign's
    Be it yes or a no.

Was told during my meeting in station there is a chance getting a call soon that was in 2018 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Lets hope wrote: »
    Be it yes or a no.

Was told during my meeting in station there is a chance getting a call soon that was in 2018 lol

when i met the sergeant he told me that i would be going down the next intake so i handed my notice into work and that was this time last year

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

ddylan wrote: »
    when i met the sergeant he told me that i would be going down the next intake so i handed my notice into work and that was this time last year

Christ are you serious? Had meeting with local Super this morning. He mentioned that he thinks I might get a call up quite soon but no idea. Haven't a notion what stage my vetting is at. Will hold back on the notice anyway for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Be it yes or a no.

Is it your vetting holding up your application? Or has your vetting been completed and you’re still waiting on an offer?

• Advertisement

ba88 wrote: »
    Christ are you serious? Had meeting with local Super this morning. He mentioned that he thinks I might get a call up quite soon but no idea. Haven't a notion what stage my vetting is at. Will hold back on the notice anyway for the time being!

yeah i wouldnt hand in notice until u have the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

I made the mistake of telling my job and they keep asking me when am i leaving and i keep telling them my vetting is still outstanding and i did my med September last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CF1991

daniel1390 wrote: »
    I had medical same day as yourself and got an offer last Friday, oom was 200s

Ah that’s grand so. At least I know they are offering places. My OOM was like 170 or something but I had to get something cleared up for then doctor and send him the results. Hopefully that’s the reason I haven’t heard back as quickly as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Is it your vetting holding up your application? Or has your vetting been completed and you’re still waiting on an offer?

My vetting is back and file awaiting decision with management well over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

My vetting is back and file awaiting decision with management well over a year.

That’s ****e craic. You’d think that would be the quickest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

St.Brigids wrote: »
    I failed on the 14th jan and passed repeat yesterday.

Failed on the 11th of February so waiting on the repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

My vetting is taking ages as well and I have been onto HR several times , I asked if the oom number had anything to do with it as mine is under 20 and they said no, vetting is completely separate and oom does not affect it. Just in case anyone thinks that if they have a high oom they would be working quicker on their vetting, not the case unfortunately :(

I heard Friday is a good day for the offers to go out - anyone any news this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

ba88 wrote: »
    I heard Friday is a good day for the offers to go out - anyone any news this morning?

None here anyway. I have myself convinced that I'll never get one lol

Harveli18 wrote: »

Im in same boat as you harveli i think im jùst gonna forget about it now at this stage . It has my heart broke and has put a lot of stress on my family as iv had to hold of on family commitments and other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

It's such a shame you are considering leaving it - how long have you been waiting? Such a long dragged out process.

Yeah same here.

Im in same boat as you harveli i think im jùst gonna forget about it now at this stage . It has my heart broke and has put a lot of stress on my family as iv had to hold of on family commitments and other stuff

I'm actually thinking the same. Its causing hassle at home for me too I recently got engaged and can't plan anything I have a 2 year old too and I just feel our life is on hold. I'm so disappointed over the whole thing and everytime offers go out and I don't get one it's so frustrating, my partner is actually fed up listening to me complaining about it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

whats the shortest time that someone has completed their last stage to getting an offer for training? Just finished everything

papster97 wrote: »
    whats the shortest time that someone has completed their last stage to getting an offer for training? Just finished everything

Going by this there has been people doing medical one day and receiving an offer the next. I haven't a clue how the whole thing works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

Going by this there has been people doing medical one day and receiving an offer the next. I haven't a clue how the whole thing works

Yeah, reading peoples experiences on here has me scratching my head haha

I'm actually thinking the same. Its causing hassle at home for me too I recently got engaged and can't plan anything I have a 2 year old too and I just feel our life is on hold. I'm so disappointed over the whole thing and everytime offers go out and I don't get one it's so frustrating, my partner is actually fed up listening to me complaining about it

yeah i decided to move forward with exams in work today taking way too long havent been able to plan a trip in over year cause of it too

Iv the exact same problem im engaged my fiance is pregnant and life has been hold for nearly 2 yrs and im always giving out and its caused a bit of tension

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

I feel ye. All that we have done getting past all them stupid tests, interviews, losing weight, gaining fitness, money, time spent on preparation just to be basically told you have the qualities of a guard but we haven’t decided yet. I truly think our vetting is done

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rodeire

Just got an invitation to the induction week on 20th April. Is there a Whatsapp group for the April intake yet? If not send me a PM and I will create a group!

Rodeire wrote: »
    Just got an invitation to the induction week on 20th April. Is there a Whatsapp group for the April intake yet? If not send me a PM and I will create a group!

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

When did you complete your medical do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rodeire

deenam wrote: »
    When did you complete your medical do you mind me asking?

Last Thursday 20th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Last Thursday 20th Feb.

Me too.. fingers crossed. Congratulations!! :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations guys. It's starting to look like us 2018 people have been pushed to the back of the pile and they're pushing through all the 2019 candidates. Looking more and more unlikely that I'll ever get an offer :/

Advertisement