Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

This is a long shot, but has anyone had their medical deferred until you follow up with a letter from their opticians or doctor? Mine was deferred for 6 months until I got a letter from specsavers. I dropped it back up on the day of my medical. Rang them there to see if it will still be deferred 6 months and her response was could be 2 weeks or 6 months. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cherrywoodgirl

Thanks for that, I done my pct last Tuesday the 18th and passed everything and have received no word of a medical yet. I was expecting it this week or to have at least got a date for it but nothing has come threw.

I guess I'll just have to hold tight for another while

Congrats on passing everything, sounds like it's just a waiting game for you now 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Just got an invite. April induction week . Starting May 5th... thank god
    Is there a whatts app group

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Just got an invite. April induction week . Starting May 5th... thank god

How long you waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dylan1996

Would the may intake be full after two rounds of offers I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Any word on another intake after the May one?

How long you waiting?

2019 Campaign. Passed medical 19th February

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Everyone needs to relax �� , there are 7 fridays left before the first induction week ! Plenty of time for more offers for may intake

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

2019 Campaign. Passed medical 19th February

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Is there a level that you fail the manual peak flow at. If you've a chest infection could it hinder the result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

It's very basic, it's like a disposable plastic thing you blow into, even with a chest infection, donr see any issue with you passing it, have no idea on the pass rate but chest infection should not hinder result

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Does the gp clearance have to be from your family gp or can it be someone else like your team doctor for example? He’s also a gp

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Purple_snack

deenam wrote: »
    When did you complete your medical do you mind me asking?

Did you meet the Sargent and the Superintendent ?

Did you meet the Sargent and the Superintendent ?

Met the sergeant the 26th Jan and met the super on the 17th Feb just after my PCT. Had the medical last week

Ok thanks, would ya know as well when your weighed and giving the medical are you made change into a hospital gown or what's the craic. Should ya bring a change of clothes like for the fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rodeire

So i've set up a whatsapp group for the confirmed April/May 2020 intake trainees, if you PM me your name and number I will add you. Thanks guys and congrats to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Ok thanks, would ya know as well when your weighed and giving the medical are you made change into a hospital gown or what's the craic. Should ya bring a change of clothes like for the fitness.

You just have to take off your shoes and socks when you’re being weighed by the nurse. No need for a change of clothes.

Coon93 wrote: »
    You just have to take off your shoes and socks when you’re being weighed by the nurse. No need for a change of clothes.

Cheers, best try and find the lightest pair of pants I can so lol.

What's the craic with parking near headquarters, is there a public car park near by

What's the craic with parking near headquarters, is there a public car park near by

Parking isn’t great. I had to park opposite the Zoo but it wasn’t a far walk

• Advertisement

deenam wrote: »
    Parking isn’t great. I had to park opposite the Zoo but it wasn’t a far walk

thanks i think i might just get the train to heuston on the day. would you happen to know what chart the nurse uses for your bmi or is a digital scales they use. for me the bmi is going to be a stuggle. at the minute im 30.4 but when i google it some websites vary a small bit. Id like to know going in what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

thanks i think i might just get the train to heuston on the day. would you happen to know what chart the nurse uses for your bmi or is a digital scales they use. for me the bmi is going to be a stuggle. at the minute im 30.4 but when i google it some websites vary a small bit. Id like to know going in what to expect.

The nurse calculates your BMI using a digital scale

Hi folks, do we have to finish our jobs before the induction week or can we work away after it for a bit before we start our training in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Hey guys, so I'm from the 2018 campaign. Been a long wait but I finally got called for induction in April!
    Just to let ye know I have never ever lived abroad, I have no reletives abroad and I even had a meeting with the chief super in my local station who told me I would be in the April intake last year so please don't get your hopes up.
    Iv figured it's when you least expect it, I had gotten over it and over the idea as it was so dragged out so it was a massive shock when I got word a week ago. Now all my plans are out the door but what can you do only hope it is worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Hi folks, do we have to finish our jobs before the induction week or can we work away after it for a bit before we start our training in May?

I'm working away until May. The induction isn't paid so they can't expect us to go them two weeks without pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Hi guys.

When the references you named are called, are they telephoned by Garda HR or by the Super and Sargent you meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Goddard wrote: »
    Hi guys.

When the references you named are called, are they telephoned by Garda HR or by the Super and Sargent you meet?

Local station

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Hi guys just a question for anyone who has been called for induction, do you get contacted for induction by email or is it a phone call? My phone was stolen on Saturday so I haven't been receiving any calls until I buy a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

cluedo123 wrote: »
    Local station
    just out of interest what referees are people putting down , as im waiting on form b, i dont want to put down my present work, as dont want them knowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    just out of interest what referees are people putting down , as im waiting on form b, i dont want to put down my present work, as dont want them knowing
    One must be an academic reference. The next two are general references. (One of which needs to be a previous employer if applicable) and they need to know you at least 3 years.:D

Advertisement