Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Nel26 wrote: »
    Has anyone rang HRM regarding upcoming PCT tests if they’re still going to go ahead?

Any word yet?

I'm still waiting..

I'm betting they'll be postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I would imagine so
    MrMiata wrote: »
    Any word yet?

I'm still waiting..

I'm betting they'll be postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Garda college will close next week and will be handed over to the HSE for use as an emergency sanitarium.

Current student Gardaí will be deployed to stations nationwide to assist with an emergency civil policing plan. The April / May intake of new student Gardaí will not take place and is suspended until further notice.

I have this from a close relative in Garda headquarters.

Yeah it's on rte news. I'd say the balls burst its game over

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Those of us with offers will still get it. It's just a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Are you a troll or did you just do so badly in the campaign you want it to be scrapped? What benefit would it be to scrap everyone so far? You are talking rubbish
    Yeah it's on rte news. I'd say the balls burst its game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In fairness to him it did get a mention on the news.

It will all be announced tomorrow afternoon after the exact policy is agreed by the Garda HQ crisis management team, which has been established under the chairmanship of the Commissioner. This team will feed in to the standing cross department committee under the auspices of the national directorate for fire and emergency management. This will convene permanently in the emergency suite under the Dept of Agriculture until further notice.

Are you a troll or did you just do so badly in the campaign you want it to be scrapped? What benefit would it be to scrap everyone so far? You are talking rubbish

Believe me I'm no troll. Infact I passed the medical last week. How is your campaign going? If your old enough to remember the last recession you will understand that once a budget is cut for a particular area it can take a very long time for spending to start back up again and especially if all available funds are spent on managing a never seen before health pandemic it may not restart at all. Anyways I wish you the best of luck in your campaign and hopefully everything works out

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

My gym is just after closing down until 30th of march, I had done my PCT on 6th of march and failed the bleep test. Does anyone know what's the story with repeats? How long of a delay we lookin at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Believe me I'm no troll. Infact I passed the medical last week. How is your campaign going? If your old enough to remember the last recession you will understand that once a budget is cut for a particular area it can take a very long time for spending to start back up again and especially if all available funds are spent on managing a never seen before health pandemic it may not restart at all. Anyways I wish you the best of luck in your campaign and hopefully everything works out

What do you think will happen?

That the current recruitment campaign will just be scrapped, and everyone will start back at stage 1 if/when they start another campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

MrMiata wrote: »
    What do you think will happen?

That the current recruitment campaign will just be scrapped, and everyone will start back at stage 1 if/when they start another campaign?

surely they can't do that, they have a number of candidates ready with all 4 stages complete or are in the final stages. Why would they just scrap it and start from scratch? Hopefully we get answers soon

• Advertisement

I'm 34, I'm a shuttering carpenter and I'm from north west donegal. In 2011 when the country fell apart I was 25. I can tell you first hand when this place gets bad it gets very bad My uncle owns a small plant hire company that hires machinery into local county councils for mostly outdoor staff. I've seen first hand how quickly government spending drys up and that once funds are pulled for a project it could take years to get it back up and running again and for some unknown reason frontline staff also seem to get hit the hardest. Yesterday both Leo vradker and boris Johnson issued statements saying many more will die and we will lose loved ones. If you think for second what it must take for two leaders of first world European countries to come out and say that it will give you an idea of what is yet to come.

When I met the super a few weeks back before anyone knew what was coming he said this is my last chance saloon at this because of my age. Like everyone else in this campaign I've worked my arse off to make sure I passed everything first time round, it just seems very unfair it has come to this but what can ya do. The positives out of this is that the country is booming right now so if it takes a hit at least we can pick up where we left off. Its a global problem not just a handful of countries in a recession and the rest of the world booming so hopefully it should move quickly and everyone will get back on track quickly. Also for once this commissioner seems to be someone who knows how to get things done and has been very proactive in bringing the force inline with the rest of Europe so hopefully he might keep the ball rolling on this. I hate to so pessimistic about it but as I said I've seen how quickly this place falls apart. There is a lot of youth in this campaign so hopefully everyone will be grand and this will all work itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Garda college will close next week and will be handed over to the HSE for use as an emergency sanitarium.

Current student Gardaí will be deployed to stations nationwide to assist with an emergency civil policing plan. The April / May intake of new student Gardaí will not take place and is suspended until further notice.

I have this from a close relative in Garda headquarters.

Do you think there will be no more intakes after may? I havent got an offer yet but im expectibg to get one soon, well i was.

What about us that have already received offers to start in April, they surely can't say no now, people have given up jobs and college etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Email just went out there PCTs are cancelled until further notice they’ll be in contact

daniel1390 wrote: »
    What about us that have already received offers to start in April, they surely can't say no now, people have given up jobs and college etc

I might give HR a ring or would they be too busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

people who have got offers will get to college in september and november, as for french joe saying the campaign will be stopped that sounds absolutely daft in my opinion, anyone waiting for a medical or a physical will be accommodated in due course , the country and the world will get back to normal by the summer when a bit of good weather takes up, dont be fear mongering french joe, you will get to templemore

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    people who have got offers will get to college in september and november, as for french joe saying the campaign will be stopped that sounds absolutely daft in my opinion, anyone waiting for a medical or a physical will be accommodated in due course , the country and the world will get back to normal by the summer when a bit of good weather takes up, dont be fear mongering french joe, you will get to templemore

I really hope so and I totally agree with you about hopefully the weather will change things. Just as the saying goes once bitten twice shy that's all. If you lost your job and your house like I did in 2011 you would take a very different outlook on what a recession can bring and quickly things change. I come from one of the most rural isolated parts of Ireland that was decimated in the last recession so thats all I can speak from. I hope I'm 100% wrong. Every person in this campaign deserves a place in templemore in my opinion given the effort and sacrifices we've made but like I said it's just hard not to be worried about it now.

I emailed HR hopefully they will get back to me soon and i will post their reply on this thread

I really hope so and I totally agree with you about hopefully the weather will change things. Just as the saying goes once bitten twice shy that's all. If you lost your job and your house like I did in 2011 you would take a very different outlook on what a recession can bring and quickly things change. I come from one of the most rural isolated parts of Ireland that was decimated in the last recession so thats all I can speak from. I hope I'm 100% wrong. Every person in this campaign deserves a place in templemore in my opinion given the effort and sacrifices we've made but like I said it's just hard not to be worried about it now.

i know where you are coming from, but keep the faith as they say, my own opinion is there will be no recruitment campaign this year, as april and june and prob july intake will be delayed , so people now at stage 4 will fill remaining intakes to cover for till 2021 campaign, so if you look at it that way its kind of a silver lining :):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

I’ve nearly finished everything I passed the medical yesterday and the lady said I was “lucky” that I got in yesterday given the fact of what’s happening. I still have to meet the super but I’m sure that will be put on hold, I really hope it’s not scraped the past 10 months have been hard in terms of preparing etc, be shame, if they did I couldn’t put myself through all this again. I’m hoping that everything will be put on hold. Sure all we can do is sit wait and be patient and look at the bigger pic that our families are safe and stay well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Just looking through some posts and see someone mentioned about further pct's being prosponed with emails being sent. I have one due the 3rd April and still havnt received anything if its going ahead or not. Is anyone else on the same boat?

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    i know where you are coming from, but keep the faith as they say, my own opinion is there will be no recruitment campaign this year, as april and june and prob july intake will be delayed , so people now at stage 4 will fill remaining intakes to cover for till 2021 campaign, so if you look at it that way its kind of a silver lining :):o

Yeah that makes sense and aren't we lucky to be in this position. As the other poster said about passing the medical yesterday. I just passed my medical as well so hopefully we have just got in on time. Does anyone know if the reserves are still on the go. I seen a post this morning on Facebook the army and army reserves are been called in to help with civil authority taskings.

What yez think will happen those with offers

daniel1390 wrote: »
    What yez think will happen those with offers

they will get offers for september and october intakes i imagine, as for the rest of us waiting on physicals and medicals, gonna be a long process for us, this time next year probably

Student gardaí training at Templemore are to be sworn into the force early to take on frontline policing tasks , in an unprecedented move as part of a new coronavirus policing plan.

Garda Commissioner Drew Harris is on Friday morning set to announce the details of the new measures.

The Garda College in Co Tipperary has effectively been closed in order that the students, and Garda staff working at the college, would be freed up for policing.

The students will effectively skip the final months of their training and becoming fully attested gardaí immediately. Some of the trainee gardaí have been in the college for just over a month and were being given rapid training in public order policing ahead of their dispatch onto the streets as fully attested gardaí.

- Taken from The Irish Times site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Stupid. Recipe for someone to be killed.

What happens when this is all over. Are those guards de sworn or something and sent back training.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

What a way to get some hands on experience! straight into the field head first!!:D:pac:

What happens when this is all over. Are those guards de sworn or something and sent back training.

Nope, they are supposed to have the passing out ceremony later on during the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They'll be sent back to complete their training when they're not required operationally anymore.

Advertisement