Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

So all trainees are being sent out to the field, great hands on experience for them. And all gaurds in the job already have had their rotas changed to 4days on and 4days off 12hr shifts for 3months.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

The way I look at it, anyone who has had an offer for April will now have to wait until this situation passes and the college is back to normal before they'll be called in.
    Those of us who are next in line i.e just waiting on that offer, meeting the Super and Sergeant or waiting to have vetting completed, we just need to sit tight as nothing is going to happen as it'll be all hands on deck with the AGS to tackle and control this virus.

Flip side as well is if this is going to delay a new recruitment drive until next year, it might speed up the 2019 recruitment drive. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Where are people hearing about a september/october intake

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Student gardaí training at Templemore are to be sworn into the force early to take on frontline policing tasks , in an unprecedented move as part of a new coronavirus policing plan.

Garda Commissioner Drew Harris is on Friday morning set to announce the details of the new measures.

The Garda College in Co Tipperary has effectively been closed in order that the students, and Garda staff working at the college, would be freed up for policing.

The students will effectively skip the final months of their training and becoming fully attested gardaí immediately. Some of the trainee gardaí have been in the college for just over a month and were being given rapid training in public order policing ahead of their dispatch onto the streets as fully attested gardaí.

- Taken from The Irish Times site.

They will still have to go back and finish it.

• Advertisement

Aaron123 wrote: »
    I might give HR a ring or would they be too busy?

Defo ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Lads everyone needs to relax. Everything will be sorted in due course. It may be a few months behind schedule but it will get back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    They will still have to go back and finish it.

Correct but in a unique situation, they will no longer be trainees they will be garda members completing phase 1

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Did anybody ring HR? I didjt get a reply to the email i sent. Say they are busy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Did anybody ring HR? I didjt get a reply to the email i sent. Say they are busy

You will be contacted by HR they will be busy at the moment trying to place trainees in stations. The collage could be closed for 3 months or maybe longer

• Advertisement

Gwhizz26 wrote: »
    Correct but in a unique situation, they will no longer be trainees they will be garda members completing phase 1

Including you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

HRM are the ones attempting to find station locations for the two intakes in college at the moment. They have less than a week to do so, so I reckon most calls and emails may go on the back-burner until at least next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Would anyone know the name of that machine that the doctor uses to check your eye sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Google keystone vision screener. That seems to be the one.

Lcass wrote: »
    Google keystone vision screener. That seems to be the one.

That's the one thanks, a bit random but when I was doing the test there was one part in particular with the dots I found a bit difficult. I passed everything and the doc said my vision was fine but I was expecting to read off a chart on the wall not use that machine but I I just wanted to read up on the particular machine. Thanks

Has anyone heard anything about even detectives returning to uniform for the next 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

Had a meeting with Sergeant sunday evening,was told that the May intake is not going to happen, Templemore is more than likely to be used by HSE, they don't know how long and how badly the virus is going to affect us, and we're facing a few months delay in terms of recruitment process. All we can do now is sit tight and await further actions/dates/pct's

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

May I ask
    Were you contacted to meet the sergeant
    Pre or Post Covid-19.
    Did you get much notice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

I was only given a few days notice. Both Sargent and Super worked around my work and personal life. They will call you and set up a time that works for you. It is very casual meeting but dress smart. I wore trousers and shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Gerty123 wrote: »
    I was only given a few days notice. Both Sargent and Super worked around my work and personal life. They will call you and set up a time that works for you. It is very casual meeting but dress smart. I wore trousers and shirt.

thats a good sign that they are still continuing the vetting at least ;) do they have your form b in front of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Does anyone have any idea what is going to happen now since Covid 19 has set in? Are they even continuing to vet or is everything at a standstill? I have everything complete but my vetting was still outstanding when Covid set in. If anyone has heard anything any info would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jamesf85

What will happen here if there’s a 6 month delay? Will they start the whole process all over again?

I've been told that in a month or two if we continue to follow European guidelines and shut down more and more that the government will need as many officers and hse staff they can recruit. Anyone who has an offer or has completed all stages will be the first in line for this. It will be similar training to what the January intake got in the lines of intensive public order training and nothing else. They need as many bodies on the ground to help with community policing and helping vulnerable individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've been told that in a month or two if we continue to follow European guidelines and shut down more and more that the government will need as many officers and hse staff they can recruit. Anyone who has an offer or has completed all stages will be the first in line for this. It will be similar training to what the January intake got in the lines of intensive public order training and nothing else. They need as many bodies on the ground to help with community policing and helping vulnerable individuals.

The January intake did not get 'intensive public order training' don't be spreading misinformation. Nobody is going to be deputised off the streets so move on from that idea.

Witcher wrote: »
    The January intake did not get 'intensive public order training' don't be spreading misinformation. Nobody is going to be deputised off the streets so move on from that idea.

Correct, no one off the street will be deputised as you put it however as the weeks and months progress the government will be calling on its supply of labour at its resources. Nurses and medical students in the final stages of their studies and working abroad will be requested to offer their services just as all garda applicants and those with offers will be called on and expected to offer their support and be available as needed likewise all civil defense units will be activated and other voluntary groups like the order of Malta will also be requested to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

It was reported the the January intake were to receive public order training before being deployed

Shaneoohh wrote: »
    It was reported the the January intake were to receive public order training before being deployed

No it wasn't, Intake 193 were receiving the standard training in the use of the ASP earlier than normal so they can be used outside the station. Intake 201 did not receive that training. Don't be spreading information that is patently untrue.

Neither intake received 'public order' training.

Correct, no one off the street will be deputised as you put it however as the weeks and months progress the government will be calling on its supply of labour at its resources. Nurses and medical students in the final stages of their studies and working abroad will be requested to offer their services just as all garda applicants and those with offers will be called on and expected to offer their support and be available as needed likewise all civil defense units will be activated and other voluntary groups like the order of Malta will also be requested to be available.

Garda applicants will not be being attested.

Garda applicants will not be being attested.

Let's get one thing clear, we are not talking about just giving anyone with a public jobs profile a badge and a gun and letting them implement marital law as air raid sirens go off day and night. What will happen over the next few weeks and months will put enormous strain on all health care facilities and civil authority workers. The government will try to keep daily life going as much as possible while at the same time doing everything it can to help and protect the vulnerable and the elderly by requesting they stay in isolation. As cases rises so will the need for health care providers and civil authority workers to aid in daily running of the country or to free up more qualified members of these staff and let less qualified staff deal with the lesser complex tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

No it wasn't, Intake 193 were receiving the standard training in the use of the ASP earlier than normal so they can be used outside the station. Intake 201 did not receive that training. Don't be spreading information that is patently untrue.

Neither intake received 'public order' training.
    “Some of the trainee gardaí have been in the college for just over a month and were being given rapid training in public order policing ahead of their dispatch onto the streets as fully attested gardaí” direct from Irish times website five days ago

Advertisement