Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

peader06 wrote: »
    Sorry lad, I’ve no idea. The instructors didn’t even know. We were just told to take each month as it comes but I would imagine the next intake won’t be until another 2 months at least after we go back. But that’s just me guessing.

so ye are definitely returning to templemore ? thats good to hear for you as i imagine its tough without the relevant training but, hands on learning will stand to you.
    il be interested to see when templemore opens if ye are the first in the door again or will if ye return once your work on the frontline is no longer a priority, stay safe out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Everything complete and haven't heard anything. Just sit and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

St.Brigids wrote: »
    Everything complete and haven't heard anything. Just sit and wait?

Templemore is closed due to covid-19 and whole recruitment process is being postponed until further notice. All u can do is sit back & wait

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Hi all
    Quick question What software did ye use for to send off your FORM B
    I’m sending it as a single pdf attachment
    I’m having trouble with adobe acrobat
    Any help would be great

Hi all
    Quick question What software did ye use for to send off your FORM B
    I’m sending it as a single pdf attachment
    I’m having trouble with adobe acrobat
    Any help would be great

is the file just too large ? if so just google how to compress a pdf file, its safe, its what a lot of people done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

No the file is not to large.
    I got two replies from HR
    Stating they couldn’t access it I think my mistake was sending a link and sharing the pdf instead of sending the complete pdf.
    I saved it to my desktop and sent it as an attachment.
    Hopefully done the trick.
    Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Neec

How long ago you sent back your form B. Sent mine over a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Is That a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Yes if you don’t hear it’s grand, they only contact you if you need to make any changes or like a wrong DOB like or clarify something, it goes on all
    In the background. So it’s all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

I am guessing if you’s are asking about form B that’s they are proceeding on with the recruitment for 2019??

I am guessing if you’s are asking about form B that’s they are proceeding on with the recruitment for 2019??

got sent form b at the end of march , to be completed by April 20th, so yea it seems to be continuing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

That seems promising then so 👍🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Presumably people who where due to do the PCT on the 27th of March haven't heard back about a new date?! Was due to repeat on that date but obviously twas cancelled.....

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Wonder will any PCTs be held over the summer

AD07 wrote: »
    Wonder will any PCTs be held over the summer

i contacted appointments today to see could they shed some light on the current situation and what was planned for us successful 2019 applicants and got the following reply, sounds positive

'Dear Applicant,

We acknowledge your email below with thanks.

Currently your application is being progressed through the following:

Your application is being progressed as normal.

Although there are no medical and physical competence tests taking place currently all other aspects of your file are being progressed.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards,

Appointments Office HRPD Phone: 01-6662571
    Garda Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin, Ireland, D08HN3X
    Email appointmentsoffice@garda.ie |'

Very good. At least that’s positive

St. Westy wrote: »
    i contacted appointments today to see could they shed some light on the current situation and what was planned for us successful 2019 applicants and got the following reply, sounds positive

'Dear Applicant,

We acknowledge your email below with thanks.

Currently your application is being progressed through the following:

Your application is being progressed as normal.

Although there are no medical and physical competence tests taking place currently all other aspects of your file are being progressed.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards,

Appointments Office HRPD Phone: 01-6662571
    Garda Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin, Ireland, D08HN3X
    Email appointmentsoffice@garda.ie |'

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭shrektar

Hey guys, waste too my repeat medical at the start of this month but obviously that didn't happen, any one else in the same boat, couldn't find any info on what the plan in going forward. Any one know the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

shrektar wrote: »
    Hey guys, waste too my repeat medical at the start of this month but obviously that didn't happen, any one else in the same boat, couldn't find any info on what the plan in going forward. Any one know the story?

I'm due a medical retest in June, got an email last week saying that I will be given my medical retest

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Anyone know if PCT's be done June/July?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Apparently they are recruiting another 200 as they need guards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There will be no intakes for the forseeable future, the training staff have been redeployed. Don't believe everything you read on here folks, your time will come but it's unlikely to be in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Witcher wrote: »
    There will be no intakes for the forseeable future, the training staff have been redeployed. Don't believe everything you read on here folks, your time will come but it's unlikely to be in the near future.

I dunno, that’s what a guard told me today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Userdb wrote: »
    I dunno, that’s what a guard told me today

Mules love the chats, the important thing is to look at the situation in the college, every instructor redeployed and 325 trainees attested, some with essentially no training at all.

They'll be the first to go back to the college, when you see the instructors returned to the college and the newly attested Gardai returned to their Phase I training, then is the time to think of new intakes. Until then anything else is just fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Mules love the chats, the important thing is to look at the situation in the college, every instructor redeployed and 325 trainees attested, some with essentially no training at all.

They'll be the first to go back to the college, when you see the instructors returned to the college and the newly attested Gardai returned to their Phase I training, then is the time to think of new intakes. Until then anything else is just fantasy.
    Sad but true. Especially for older candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Userdb wrote: »
    Apparently they are recruiting another 200 as they need guards

I was told that too, hopefully its true.

Aaron123 wrote: »
    I was told that too, hopefully its true.

Even if they do, how are they gonna go about the PCT's with Templemore being shut down until further notice?

Probably won’t be until September I’d imagine

Even if they do, how are they gonna go about the PCT's with Templemore being shut down until further notice?

No idea, just passing on what i was told is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

There are plenty of people with everything done and a good few wirh offers already like myself had an offer for the intake in April that was meant to go ahead

Aaron123 wrote: »
    No idea, just passing on what i was told is all!

Didn't mean to offend u in any way. Just thought u might have some more info in relation to pct's as I'm waiting for a repeat date. Apologies if the way I asked seemed rude, didn't mean to.

• Advertisement

Didn't mean to offend u in any way. Just thought u might have some more info in relation to pct's as I'm waiting for a repeat date. Apologies if the way I asked seemed rude, didn't mean to.

No need to apologise i wasnt offended haha, no i dont have any more information unfortunately. If i hear anything else ill post it into this group.Hopefully there is an intaje to get the recruitment process moving again.

Advertisement