Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Userdb wrote: »
    I dunno, that’s what a guard told me today

I got some info too which is very reliable. So we may just sit back and wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Triplek wrote: »
    I got some info too which is very reliable. So we may just sit back and wait and see

What did you hear? If you don’t mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

What did you hear? If you don’t mind me asking

Its a state secret you will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Are people on here mainly waiting for PCT or done?

Im done from 2018 did my medical last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Im done from 2018 did my medical last year

What’s keeping your vetting coming through? Family abroad?

What’s keeping your vetting coming through? Family abroad?

I dont know everything i ring recruitment section i get get told my vetting is still ongoing. Im not the only from 2018 either. And now this happened and the waits even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

I dont know everything i ring recruitment section i get get told my vetting is still ongoing. Im not the only from 2018 either. And now this happened and the waits even longer.

I’m also 2018! The wait is painful

I’m also 2018! The wait is painful

Yup i hear ya .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

So I emailed HR and vetting still been done said it was lengthy process and it goes through big detail but I asked about meeting the super I had met the Sargent before my medical and they suggested that ring the station and I did and I have a meeting tomorrow, what I’m getting at is , anyone here done everything and maybe like me have to meet either or in their district maybe ring the station as more than likely the paperwork was there and be sitting there for a while before anyone notices don’t want to slow down the vetting any more than it needs to be, so maybe have a ring and check it out? I know there was one or two here had done everything and yet to meet someone from the station. Hope this helps

• Advertisement

I met the sergeant and inspector at the same time and heard the inspector fills in for the super but I’m not quite sure. Anyone have this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

I met the sergeant and inspector at the same time and heard the inspector fills in for the super but I’m not quite sure. Anyone have this?

I was interviewed by an inspector instead of a sergeant/superintendent. Didn’t have to speak with anyone else after that.

Ye i went to my local station and i met with inspector because the super was busy

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Dent67 wrote: »
    So I emailed HR and vetting still been done said it was lengthy process and it goes through big detail but I asked about meeting the super I had met the Sargent before my medical and they suggested that ring the station and I did and I have a meeting tomorrow, what I’m getting at is , anyone here done everything and maybe like me have to meet either or in their district maybe ring the station as more than likely the paperwork was there and be sitting there for a while before anyone notices don’t want to slow down the vetting any more than it needs to be, so maybe have a ring and check it out? I know there was one or two here had done everything and yet to meet someone from the station. Hope this helps

Thanks for this info, I've gotten onto my local station and now have meeting with my super next week that was supposed to of happened in March.

Yeah no prob I knew I read somewhere everything was completed bar one or two meetings, was HR prompted me to go and ring other wise I wouldn’t have done it, the paper work sits in the station until someone comes across it! least it’s done have to wait for the vetting which will take forever I lived in oz for two years! So it’s going to be a long wait anyway with this all happening, sure all we can do it keep the fitness up and try save as much as we can when the time comes for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrisb13

If your vetting has been progressed and is undergoing final checks does that mean it is basically signed off does anyone know? I have everything else done and they said they would be in touch with me in due course in the email they sent back today when I asked about the status of my vetting. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Chrisb13 wrote: »
    If your vetting has been progressed and is undergoing final checks does that mean it is basically signed off does anyone know? I have everything else done and they said they would be in touch with me in due course in the email they sent back today when I asked about the status of my vetting. Thanks

I got the exact same reply today, are people still getting offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

What email address do I use to get in touch with HR? I am still waiting to hear from local station about meeting with Sargeant and superintendent. Completed medical in February

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrisb13

I don't think offers have gone out since the virus kicked off. Email is appointments@ garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

May I ask how that conversation went ,when you rang the station.
    Did they understand your reason for calling?
    Did you have to explain?
    I am in a similar situation just waiting on the last few hurdles once covid -19 situation passes.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I rang my district office and asked could I speak to the super and they asked what’s it in relation to and I said to do with my recruitment process and help with my vetting, so he said he leave to him and he sort it and within a half hour told to come in the next day, eh was more of a chat and get to know you a little and obvs they write a report on you, they have you’re vetting form in front of them and he’s going through it. And basically said keep the head down in college stay fit and if playing Gaa or sport keep the head down because someone be watching you just to keep your name. Just more
    Causal chat, was a sound man to be fair, was chatting like for a half hour or more,

Thanks for the info.
    Only saw the message now
    Boards was acting up the last few days .
    Might give a ring tomorrow and see what the story.
    I had to resend my Form B last week
    Forgot one phone number :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Thanks for the info.
    Only saw the message now
    Boards was acting up the last few days .
    Might give a ring tomorrow and see what the story.
    I had to resend my Form B last week
    Forgot one phone number :(:(

When did you send your initial form b away

I Sent it early April
    I contacted HR last week to see if any progress was been made and was then told I had forgot a phone number.

could anyone confirm if they are taking on 200 recruits. I keep hearing different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Esso1991

could anyone confirm if they are taking on 200 recruits. I keep hearing different things

No, a date for the next intake has not been set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

Can I ask which phone number you are using to get in contact with HR? I check up on my vetting through email but always get a standard response so i'm hoping I will get something different if I call them!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

ooob15 wrote: »
    Can I ask which phone number you are using to get in contact with HR? I check up on my vetting through email but always get a standard response so i'm hoping I will get something different if I call them!

01 6662571

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Intake 202 are starting the end of May from what I have heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Gwhizz26 wrote: »
    Intake 202 are starting the end of May from what I have heard

Source? Is that the intake that left Templemore in March?

Advertisement