Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Source? Is that the intake that left Templemore in March?

No 202 would be the brand new intake, I've heard form a reliable source that they will be starting the end of May, it's also likely that intake will be doing a few weeks online training and then be deployed to stations as trainees.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Gwhizz26 wrote: »
    No 202 would be the brand new intake, I've heard form a reliable source that they will be starting the end of May, it's also likely that intake will be doing a few weeks online training and then be deployed to stations as trainees.

Really that would be brilliant !! When deployed will that be that and your training is just on the job or do you have to go to templemore ? If this does happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Dave3345 wrote: »
    Really that would be brilliant !! When deployed will that be that and your training is just on the job or do you have to go to templemore ? If this does happen ?

No you would go back to the college to complete the training, same will happen to the intake that went out in March they will be heading back in later in the year to finish training.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

No you would go back to the college to complete the training, same will happen to the intake that went out in March they will be heading back in later in the year to finish training.

That would be brilliant. Was told my vetting is under going the final checks and will be in touch in due course. Hopefully if there is a intake the end of this month. My application might be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bcm98

Has anyone been called for an interview with a Sargent/Super since the start of lockdown? Just wondering if it's on hold like the physical/medical or should I be expecting a call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Intake 202 are starting the end of May from what I have heard

If they intake people at the end of May would you think this would indicate they would do PCT in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

bcm98 wrote: »
    Has anyone been called for an interview with a Sargent/Super since the start of lockdown? Just wondering if it's on hold like the physical/medical or should I be expecting a call?

I'm in the same boat. I emailed HR yesterday about my vetting and the just told me that it was ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

If there was an intake at the end of May surely one of us would of got an offer by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

There won't be many to get offers if say if there is an intake, I already had an offer for April and was told in the email when they postponed it that we may be given short notice. I'd say if we don't hear this Friday it's unlikely to be in May, they would have to give 2 weeks surely

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Userdb wrote: »
    If there was an intake at the end of May surely one of us would of got an offer by now?

Ya I can’t see them doing anything until after the summer

• Advertisement

I think something will happen soon. Only for those who have had offers as maybe those who's vetting is done. Won't be a full intake. Anyone waiting on pcts and medicals can forget them til September I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Could be next year before anything happens. The health budget is getting priority.

daniel1390 wrote: »
    There won't be many to get offers if say if there is an intake, I already had an offer for April and was told in the email when they postponed it that we may be given short notice. I'd say if we don't hear this Friday it's unlikely to be in May, they would have to give 2 weeks surely

I know loads on this that only got a couple of days notice. I myself was told today that my file was signed off so here to hoping

Ye true but alot of them were last minute people like I'd say the last few spots cause of people deferring etc. I'd be expecting at least 2 weeks notice considering I was given 2 months notice for the offer for april

Ye true but alot of them were last minute people like I'd say the last few spots cause of people deferring etc. I'd be expecting at least 2 weeks notice considering I was given 2 months notice for the offer for april

Yeah hopefully you get an email seen as the ban is easing a little

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GreenImpala

bcm98 wrote: »

I was called in to meet with the local inspector on the 11th of April. Was told that they want to get my form back to HR asap so they can continue with my vetting while I'm waiting to be called for PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

I was called in to meet with the local inspector on the 11th of April. Was told that they want to get my form back to HR asap so they can continue with my vetting while I'm waiting to be called for PCT.

Did the Inspector give an indication when college could reopen? Surely PCT's and medicals wont be happening anytime soon given that it would be very difficult to implement social distancing for those

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

I had my meeting with the super yesterday to get my vetting processed while waiting on pct and medicals to start back up he mentioned that July/August is looking more likely for the college to open up for the pct.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Triplek wrote: »
    I had my meeting with the super yesterday to get my vetting processed while waiting on pct and medicals to start back up he mentioned that July/August is looking more likely for the college to open up for the pct.
    did they say anything about a possible intake this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

I phoned hr this morning and was told my file is completed and signed off but the man said to be aware there is final checks. Could anyone shed light on what the final checks might be. Why would they sign some off if its not completed.

• Advertisement

I’m assuming it’s just a quick look over it. I got told mine was signed off too

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

I phoned hr this morning and was told my file is completed and signed off but the man said to be aware there is final checks. Could anyone shed light on what the final checks might be. Why would they sign some off if its not completed.

I got the same reply 2 days ago when I asked for an update on my vetting, they replied with my application is going through final checks. Was wondering the same

That would be just a search on their systems to make sure you haven't committed any offences since the checked you last

So lads what’s the story, people are hearing from reliable sources that’s there’s gonna be and intake vs people assuming there won’t be anything until this all blows over

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

That would be just a search on their systems to make sure you haven't committed any offences since the checked you last

Ok that's brilliant thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

There is 100 % some recruits starting this month, they are doing the course online, until they can figure out how to train them during the pandemic, and also pcts to start in july its envisaged, and this is not a rumour

Here goes to the email refreshing. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

St. Westy wrote: »
    There is 100 % some recruits starting this month, they are doing the course online, until they can figure out how to train them during the pandemic, and also pcts to start in july its envisaged, and this is not a rumour
    don't think I'll be getting the call for this intake. I called yesterday about my vetting and they said its still being done, I asked was there any way I could get more information as to what's still outstanding and he said my vetting started only 7 months ago and that 7 months isn't that long for them to be doing vetting.

It wont be today is say tomorrow if anything they like sending emails on Fridays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

did they say anything about a possible intake this month?
    unless you can't identify complications in your formb that would need further checks then I'd be skeptical of the timeline of 7 months as being 'normal'

Advertisement