Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I tend to agree. I've lived abroad for 14 years and have family abroad. Got word about 8 weeks ago my vetting was back (2019 campaign). Saying that, I wouldn't panic that it's not back yet and it doesn't mean you wouldn't be in the next intake. Easier said than done to be patient though!
      Deano.f87 wrote: »
      unless you can't identify complications in your formb that would need further checks then I'd be skeptical of the timeline of 7 months as being 'normal'

1. Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Tried ringing appointments 5 times today, anyone else going through to an answer machine that says ‘welcome to openscape expressions’? 01 666 2571 is definitely the number yeah? I understand they could be working from home.

2. Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Tried ringing appointments 5 times today, anyone else going through to an answer machine that says ‘welcome to openscape expressions’? 01 666 2571 is definitely the number yeah?

Ya I got the same thing any time I tried to call

3. Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Ya I got the same thing any time I tried to call

They are closed with Covid sure. Why you calling them.. maybe it should be GHq you should be calling no?

4. Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

don't think I'll be getting the call for this intake. I called yesterday about my vetting and they said its still being done, I asked was there any way I could get more information as to what's still outstanding and he said my vetting started only 7 months ago and that 7 months isn't that long for them to be doing vetting.
      I completed my form B around 7 months ago too and got the same reply..

5. Advertisement
    6. Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

They are not in office working from home I emailed about something and in the email I got back it said it was sent fron an external source

7. Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Aaron123 wrote: »
      I completed my form B around 7 months ago too and got the same reply..

Have you lived overseas. I wonder what the delay is. You must have completed your stage 3 in October did you? Have you everything else completed

8. Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Have you lived overseas. I wonder what the delay is. You must have completed your stage 3 in October did you? Have you everything else completed

I have family in new zealand thats all i can think off. Yes i completed stage 3 in october and have everything else complete, met inspector and sergant 2 months ago too

9. Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Triplek wrote: »
      I had my meeting with the super yesterday to get my vetting processed while waiting on pct and medicals to start back up he mentioned that July/August is looking more likely for the college to open up for the pct.

I’m in the same boat as you hopefully it’ll be July/August

10. Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Triplek wrote: »
      I had my meeting with the super yesterday to get my vetting processed while waiting on pct and medicals to start back up he mentioned that July/August is looking more likely for the college to open up for the pct.

did that happen naturally or did you make phone calls and then it happened?

11. Advertisement
    12. Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Nothing mentioned about intakes from the super, but July is sounding very promising for pct's to continue hopefully.

I rang my local district myself for a meeting with the super as this was initially arranged for the week the country went into lock down but his assistant said he was meeting people and that she arranged a time to see him. Nothing too major just general questions as asked a local sergant prior.

13. Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

E-mailed Appointments yesterday and they got back to me this morning, vetting still ongoing... finished Stage 3 since October and everything done since early January. Only thing I can think of is family in Northern Ireland, when I was meeting the super he said the PSNI are usually very good at getting back to us, hmmm clearly not.

14. Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

its a bloody awful system, anyone that gets passed the public assessments stage, and onto stage 4, should have their own profile to monitor their progress, like tracking a parcel for delivery, you just sign in to see the progress, this ringing and emailling is so backward, and unneeded stress for applicants, and the people on the other side of the phone, answering the same question 40 times a day

15. Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Anyone get an email about an intake starting on 25th may?

16. Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Yes offers were sent out everyone who already got one was reoffered and a few more, only 75 apparently in the intake, 3 weeks online then station for minimum 3 months then back to templemore for 16 weeks

17. Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

daniel1390 wrote: »
      Yes offers were sent out everyone who already got one was reoffered and a few more, only 75 apparently in the intake, 3 weeks online then station for minimum 3 months then back to templemore for 16 weeks

That’s good news, do you think they might send out more offers next week or is that it?

18. Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Got an offer so excited to get going. I really like how they broke it up. Keep the head up folks yous will get the offers eventually and it will be when your not expecting!!

19. Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Got an offer aswell I'm from 2018 so finally starting is great news.

Wonder if this will be a new way of training going forward with 12 weeks in a station, or will it just be for us?

20. Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Got an offer aswell I'm from 2018 so finally starting is great news.

Wonder if this will be a new way of training going forward with 12 weeks in a station, or will it just be for us?

21. Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

That’s great guys, nice to hear some positive news! :) Anyone know if more offers are likely to go out or if they’ve reached the 75 now?

22. Advertisement
    23. Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

I got an offer too guys. Anyone setting up a watasapp group. Get to know each other guys.

24. Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Congrats to everyone who got offers

25. Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Did people get offers today?

26. Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Yes ppl got offers . Finally after 2 long years of waiting Over the moon .

27. Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Delighted for those that got offers. Especially those from the 2018 campaign. Not gonna lie though...I'm devastated. Thought today was the day :(
      Keeping everything crossed someone will say no. Lol :D

28. Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Brillant I am delighted for you all :D Fingers crossed I won't be too far behind. Just waiting for the offer.

29. Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Well done everyone .... for the rest of us, just try and save and keep Fit. Our day will come soon enough ��

30. Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Delighted for those that got offers. Especially those from the 2018 campaign. Not gonna lie though...I'm devastated. Thought today was the day :(
      Keeping everything crossed someone will say no. Lol :D

Iv felt that feeling so many times from previous intakes . I didnt think i was gettting in either. Still plenty of time for you mate.

31. Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Well done everyone ðŸ‘

32. Advertisement
    33. Registered Users Posts: 8 Rodeire

Congrats to everyone who got an offer today, I have a whatsapp group going so if you want in send me your name and number and i'll add you! Congrats again all!

Advertisement