Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robbbrennan

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got the invitation yesterday, I'm from 2019. Looking forward to getting started!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

I also got an offer yesterday. After a very long 2 years. Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Congratulations to to all who got offers!!
    It’s great to hear that the requirement is still going ahead.
    Just waiting on my medical and fitness tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AD301

Any one know what oom they are up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I was 240s 2019 campaign, to be honest, oom means absolutely nothing really, as its everyones vetting that is like a lottery, you could be lucky and it only take 2 months like mine and I've family abroad too, or could take over a year wirh all family in Ireland, in my opinion its your vetting and how long that it takes is what it is, oom would rarely come into it id say only if 2 candidates are fighting over 1 spot. Would anyone else agree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Oom basically goes out the window after stage 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

AD301 wrote: »
    Any one know what oom they are up to now.

OOM only public appointments thing. Means nothing after that file handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 huntinghorses

Also got my offer on Friday. How does everyone feel about the new structure and they way they sent out the offers?

Send a pm with your name and number I'll add you to the group

Anyone else who not in the group chat for 25th yet send me your name and number I'll add you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Why does offers go out over a few fridays leading up to a start date. Would it not make sense to send all offers in one go to candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Why does offers go out over a few fridays leading up to a start date. Would it not make sense to send all offers in one go to candidates.

Surely if they sent the offers out all at once then they would only go to those who completed the medical/physical first and possibly months before everyone else. Whereas when they break it up they are giving people who perhaps only did their medical the week beforehand to get an offer too.
    That’s my view on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Just had a reply to say my file is undergoing final checks? Positive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

St.Brigids wrote: »

Just be cautious - hopefully that's great news, but be prepared for a wait still ... I know folks who have been undergoing 'final checks' for a few months. Hopefully you get an offer soon though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

St.Brigids wrote: »

I had the same reply last week, really hoping so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

has anyone heard of any more offers due to go out this Friday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

has anyone heard of any more offers due to go out this Friday ?

people arent going to have that info on here, thats all in house, word of intakes will just get out, and all we knew was the intake at the end of this month, it was meant to be a small class, 75-80, which i expect is down to social distancing, and/or to see how the online thing works out, any other offers that come out will down to people turning down the offer on friday gone, and as always thats just my opinion, there could be another 75 this friday, just have to sit tight, and if you choose to ring HR thats your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1 koleary123

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Anyone else who not in the group chat for 25th yet send me your name and number I'll add you

Hey Daniel,

Tried to send you a PM with my details but says your inbox is full. Let me know and I will retry.

Thanks a mill

Sorry try again there

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Sorry try again there

You'll have to do the same again mate, I can't send you on that message - says your inbox is full

• Advertisement

You can send there now 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanm904

Hi guys. I have interview with the super tomorrow just wondering what to wear and what kind of questions he’s going to ask. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Alanm904 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I have interview with the super tomorrow just wondering what to wear and what kind of questions he’s going to ask. Thanks

No need for the full suit but wear something smart i.e shirt and slacks.
    In regards to the questions(the ones I remember being asked)
    They might ask you a few things about your Form B, all you have to do is reiterate what’s on the page.
    Do you know any Gardaí?
    Are you involved in the community/sport?
    What are AGS doing right/wrong?
    I was also asked what would be the first thing I would do when I left Templemore and was stationed in a new community.
    Sounds tough but in all I was probably only in the station for 15/20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Was just a chat for me with both super and sergeant. Wanted to know why the career change, modern policing (the conversation naturally went there), any issues I'd anticipate as a mature trainee, Brexit, sports and property prices 😆 Probably depends on who you are meeting as to how formal they want to make it but just be polite and friendly and you'll be fine. Smart casual as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Have you done pct yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Is there many people on here that have completed PCT and medical and are still waiting to hear from Sargeant or superintendent?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Is there many people on here that have completed PCT and medical and are still waiting to hear from Sargeant or superintendent?

I've fitness and medical done since early March . I've met Sergeant but am still waiting to meet Superintendent

Have you done pct yet ?

No I haven’t done the PCT or medical yet but have met with the sergeant and superintendent just have to wait for Templemore to open again was supposed to have PCT on 27th of March but obviously cancelled due to covid-19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

No I haven’t done the PCT or medical yet but have met with the sergeant and superintendent just have to wait for Templemore to open again was supposed to have PCT on 27th of March but obviously cancelled due to covid-19

Any idea when that'll be?
    I'm also waiting on my PCT and medical test.

• Advertisement

MrMiata wrote: »
    Any idea when that'll be?
    I'm also waiting on my PCT and medical test.

No idea hopefully July/August can’t see it opening any time before that

Advertisement