Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Do they ever email you when the final checks are happening? Or is it a matter emailing them to find out about the vetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Dent67 wrote: »
    Do they ever email you when the final checks are happening? Or is it a matter emailing them to find out about the vetting

It’s pot luck to be honest - some are getting emails to say they’re undergoing final checks, others are being told up to they day they get their offer that the vetting is still ongoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

this is the email I got today, it's the same generic email we usually get but it's the first time I've been told that vetting has actually been completed

Dear Applicant,

We acknowledge your email with thanks.

The vetting stage has been completed and the file is under going review.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Thanks for that guys, just send an email every 2/3 weeks keep them on their toes, I don’t expect mine any time soon, I live in oz for two year in same state two dif address, everyone else is in the country. In for the long game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thanks for that guys, just send an email every 2/3 weeks keep them on their toes, I don’t expect mine any time soon, I live in oz for two year in same state two dif address, everyone else is in the country. In for the long game

I reckon lads the recruitment is going to stop fairly quickly. They are already changing rosters to try save money as they are going over budget.

I hope they keep at it , when this situation is over there will be very little funds first ordinary policing never mind any recruiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Do you think anyone who is waiting for vetting to clear won’t be called at all for a long time?

I reckon lads the recruitment is going to stop fairly quickly. They are already changing rosters to try save money as they are going over budget.

I hope they keep at it , when this situation is over there will be very little funds first ordinary policing never mind any recruiting

But let's all remain positive on this page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

How many people were called for the last intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

well that is absolute lies :pac: take your negativity elsewhere, goodman :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Can I ask how people are phrasing their emails to ask about vetting?
    Local sergant said to myself that vetting had come back and asked him about my file and replied with that's all we needed. He thinks my vetting could be coming near the end.

As for the roster changing, it's only Sundays that's are changing and going back to 10hour. Nothing about cutting people off

• Advertisement

2012paddy2012

Where you get this info? Are you waiting on an intake yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Hopefully there will be some offers today.

Triplek wrote: »
    Local sergant said to myself that vetting had come back and asked him about my file and replied with that's all we needed. He thinks my vetting could be coming near the end.

As for the roster changing, it's only Sundays that's are changing and going back to 10hour. Nothing about cutting people off

just keep you email short and to the point, they're getting milled out of it with emails and don't want to hear about how its always been your dream to be a guard etc, A simple " I'm looking looking for and update on my application" is plenty but don't be afraid to ask direct questions (is my file progressing, has vetting been completed)

polite and to the point is no doubt appreciated by the office

Triplek wrote: »

I usually send something like:

Hi there, could I ask for an update on the status of my application please?
    Name:
    Candidate ID:
    Campaign Year:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BB98

Got an offer on Wednesday to start on 22nd of June . Is there a WhatsApp group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

BB98 wrote: »
    Got an offer on Wednesday to start on 22nd of June . Is there a WhatsApp group ?

What campaign are you from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BB98

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    What campaign are you from ?

2019 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Have my interview with the local sergeant tomorrow evening... Any tips or pointers on what questions to have answers prepared for?
    Buzzing that there's a bit of progress! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

SquireD wrote: »
    Have my interview with the local sergeant tomorrow evening... Any tips or pointers on what questions to have answers prepared for?
    Buzzing that there's a bit of progress! ðŸ˜

It’s just going to be a casual talk really, he’s basically going to go over you’re Form B to check details are correct and he’s going to ask questions about yourself, family, why did you want to be a garda etc. Interview usually only lasts like 10-15 minutes and also it’s a good opportunity for you today ask him questions for anything you don’t have answers to. Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Is your vetting form just your form B back round check or is the interview with the inspector included reason I ask is all lads I sat on medical with recently got offers I'm still waiting on vetting the multi tier generic text you get nothing specific
    Potential could it just be an oversight on the inspector not sending back the report sitting on his desk don't want to ring station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Corry21 wrote: »
    Is your vetting form just your form B back round check or is the interview with the inspector included reason I ask is all lads I sat on medical with recently got offers I'm still waiting on vetting the multi tier generic text you get nothing specific
    Potential could it just be an oversight on the inspector not sending back the report sitting on his desk don't want to ring station

I’m pretty sure form B is just the background check. What date was you’re medical ?

Corry21 wrote: »

Your Form B is part of your vetting process. The interview with the inspector/super is more so to make sure they don't know your face for the wrong reasons. The inspector/super are more local, and they'll know straight off the mark whether there's an issue with the family or your partner or if you've been a bit of a bold boy/girl before.

Unfortunately, there's no rhyme or reason to the vetting process :/

I did my PCT and medical the second week of December 2019. People I was sitting alongside that day got offers for the 201 intake alongside my twin (from the 2018 campaign), meanwhile I'm met with the 'multi-tiered process' answer whenever I ask for an update on the status of my application..

After you meet with the superintendent, does it take long after This for your vetting to be completed? Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Dean445 wrote: »
    After you meet with the superintendent, does it take long after This for your vetting to be completed? Does anyone know?

impossible to answer, its a lottery

It's different for each person, unfortunately.

A mate of mine from the 192/193 intake had an offer within two weeks of meeting the super.

My twin waited six months. Some who were in her intake had only been waiting a week or two.

I'm currently at six months, and still getting the usual 'your file is still undergoing the vetting process...' reply.

It's different for each person, unfortunately.

A mate of mine from the 192/193 intake had an offer within two weeks of meeting the super.

My twin waited six months. Some who were in her intake had only been waiting a week or two.

I'm currently at six months, and still getting the usual 'your file is still undergoing the vetting process...' reply.

My vetting is currently ongoing 6 months also, and getting the exact same reply.

My vetting is currently ongoing 6 months also, and getting the exact same reply.

Unfortunately that’s how it is. Some people fly through vetting and others are dragged through it, there doesn’t seem to be any system in place who gets through first. I always thought mine would take longer cause I lived abroad so much but then there’s others who got through very quickly with lots of over seas living, no pattern whatsoever.

They do seem to be moving quickly at the moment so fingers crossed for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Does anyone think there will be more offers for the 22nd of June intake or is it full.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

4572h wrote: »
    Does anyone think there will be more offers for the 22nd of June intake or is it full.

More than likely full. Could be an intake in July or august.

• Advertisement

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    More than likely full. Could be an intake in July or august.

Agreed! I wasn’t expecting on offer today but I think there’ll be more action next week. Surely June is full by now if no offers went out so let’s hope for a July and August.

The opening of of more businesses in phase 2,3,4 will simply need more boots on the ground to help

Advertisement